Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Feasting on the flesh of a recently killed zombie probably wasn't the smartest of moves

oversteer posted:

P67: can overclock
- but do I really need to think about overclocking? Casual gamer, 1920x1080 monitor but I'm not a FPS twitcher so I can cope with 25-30fps

Overclocking is great to just get more performance out of a system if you intend to keep it for a while too.

I might skip upgrading my Q6600 system for another year because it still works so great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Feasting on the flesh of a recently killed zombie probably wasn't the smartest of moves

Kashwashwa posted:

I'm honestly curious to know what people are doing with so much RAM? What could you possible need that much for?

Virtual Machine lab environments, I have 8gb in mine and would love more.

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Lum posted:

This the first time I've heard of a mini-ITX gaming PC. Normally they're used for car stereos or silly "case mods" where they crammed the entire system into a football or something stupid likt that.

Cappucino PCs started out as being fairly popular in 2001 and then other manufacturers (Shuttle etc) moved on in 2002 or 2003 to introduce different barebone kits that allowed seperate graphics cards, it has been around for quite a while.

VermiciousKnid84 posted:

Although, to be honest, I can't quite keep mini-ITX vs. micro-ITX straight in my mind. I always have to double check what I'm talking about. I just want a small, non-flashy, quiet-ish case that won't dominate my life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2pUoD1tC_Y

AcridWhistle fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 8, 2011