Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I don't know. Maybe there's additional state needed to be tracked for real mode emulation, which probably means transistors that could be lost for other things to use.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jul 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I still have to fight people, that bug me about computers, about SSDs.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

necrobobsledder posted:

Uh, am I missing something but isn't this the Intel thread?
Like there haven't ever been any Intel derails in AMD threads, where I see a majority of the same nicknames as in this thread. There's a reason why there keep being demands to merge the threads, in each of them.

Anyway, in regards of mainboards, if you notice that one mainboard with a specific chipset supports ECC, you can be sure all the other with the same chipset, do too. They all seem to designing them modular nowadays. Everything around the CPU socket and chipset area looks the same between different variants of a series of mainboards.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

DrDork posted:

and probably Edge? Does anyone even use Edge?
Chromium Edge is pretty nice. It also has an actual visual design.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Encrypted posted:

Also lol @ their lack of ECC support.

Lets have 32GB+ of ram but no ecc, just buy our xeons if you want ecc memory to go with our gob of cores.
ECC pisses me off. Why the gently caress is no one making modules with XMP profiles? If not that, JEDEC, get the gently caress cracking on higher frequencies!

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

D. Ebdrup posted:

ECC is confirmed-working up to 3200MHz, so what's the issue exactly?
Is it? Really? Do I need to hunt for specific modules with fabled B-die or some poo poo like that? I'd rather not. The fastest ECC UDIMMs I see are rated 2666MHz. The 3200MHz ones are typicall RDIMM. Guess what I can't use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

D. Ebdrup posted:

EDIT: Ignore the fact that they're listed as sampling - cloud customers have been buying most of the stock, but a friend of mine received some he ordered a few weeks ago.
I think I've seen these in the past. I have yet to find a place over here to procure those. I don't have business contacts to get these. Alas, we'll see how things are when I'll upgrade again.