Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib
Did not see this answered, but will sandy bridge motherboards allow us to use the same CPU coolers like the current sockets for core2duo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib
I have a Ninja as well, which I really like... I don't really want to hack something together though. I like it when stuff just works.

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib
Ok, let's do this.

Just ordered:
Antec P183
Asus P8P67 Pro
Corsair DDR3 PC12800/1600MHz CL9 2x4GB
Gigabyte Radeon HD6870 HDMI Dual-DisplayPort Dual-DVI 1GB
Intel Core i5 2500K 3,3GHz Socket 1155 Box
Seasonic X-650 650W
Intel X25-M G2 80GB
Western Digital Caviar Green WD20EARS 64MB 2TB
+ Some misc stuff like dvd-burner and whatnot

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib
Anyone has any good pointers on a good cpu heat sink for P8P67 pro? I'd like to replace the stock cooling in my new machine...

I bought a Scythe Mugen 2 hoping it would fit, but it wasn't even close. The motherboard heat sinks on the motherboard are rather large and probably limits the cpu heat sinks that will fit by quite a lot :(

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib

Buffis posted:

Anyone has any good pointers on a good cpu heat sink for P8P67 pro? I'd like to replace the stock cooling in my new machine...

I bought a Scythe Mugen 2 hoping it would fit, but it wasn't even close. The motherboard heat sinks on the motherboard are rather large and probably limits the cpu heat sinks that will fit by quite a lot :(

Disregard this. I just suck balls at putting together machines apparently. Managed to mount it just fine today. Have my 2500K running at 4ghz now and the system is reasonably silent. I'm quite pleased.