Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

I feel better about myself now, since I've not had to resort to walkthroughs in playing the first two games.

I usually only have to use hints when the description is too vague about what the actual question is.

I am absolutely stuck on the very last bonus puzzle in Pandora's Box. #153, the Ultimate Escape sliding block puzzle. The huge cross shaped block can't be manoeuvred out of the left hand side of the field, and it's not possible to get anything past it, so it seems to be impossible to clear a path for the gem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Crazy Achmed posted:

Also, what's with the title changes between the US and EU versions? Is 'pandora's box' trademarked in the US, or is there some crazed eurocrat who's decreed that 'diabolical box' is too satanic for impressionable european youths?

The usual reason is that US audiences wouldn't be expected to know about Pandora or her box. And since the game doesn't have a character called "Pandora" it would be too confusing!

Blame your marketing departments.

For some reason the EU version of game three is called "Lost Future", which I don't think has the same ring to it.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

Capsaicin posted:

My answer was to...

I haven't played the game yet, but 5 upside down is still a 5.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The voice acting in the EU versions doesn't sound British to my ears.

Although, from looking up some youtube videos, the NA voice acting does sound like American actors trying (and in Luke's case, failing) to sound British.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

Payndz posted:

For a while I thought it was going to be uranium they'd found in the mine, which would have explained the people getting sick, but nope. Who needs logic in a game about logic puzzles?

Haha, that was the theory I was operating on for a little while, too.

• Locked thread