Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Just got Azran Legacy today.

In the past few weeks, in anticipation of this game, I've been playing the daily puzzles in Miracle Mask. I didn't really pay attention to them while I was playing the game proper, last December, then I kinda forgot all about them. So I downloaded almost all of the 365 puzzles in one go. They really add so much value to the game, and as a result I'm more excited about the daily puzzles in Azran Legacy than I am about the story of this game :P

What are people's favourites and least favourites of the Miracle Mask daily puzzles? For me the best puzzles were the "Alchemist's Lair", "Ghouls and Guards", "Tomb of the Ancients" and "St Bronto's" :3:

The real duds (which I probably won't bother completing) are "Sweet Truth" (I really despise this one and I don't know why), and "Bewitching Night" (mainly because it's such a boring slog to play). I'm also not that fond of "Perilous Voyage" (too much work) but I'm forcing myself through the last few puzzles I haven't completed in that one, because I refuse to be defeated.

I've barely touched "Sun, Sand & Tortoises" or "Food Chain" yet (only done a few puzzles from each). But now they can wait until I'm done with Azran Legacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
The start of this game was good but collecting the 5 eggs is tedious as gently caress. Oh look another quaint village full of stereotypes and a wacky halfbaked mystery where I talk to like 6 people over and over and solve hardly any puzzles.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Well that was kind of a huge twist :aaaaa:

Edit: oh crap another! This poo poo be cray

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 28, 2013

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Lord of Laughton posted:

Perilous voyage (is that the sailboat one?) was hands down the best daily puzzle. Could be solved almost completely logically, with very little guess work.

The mural one was bad for that. It was almost completely trial and error and guessing to solve. Hated those.

Other good ones were: the knights and mirrors, the fountains, the dinosaurs, the trains and the airplane.

drat I'm going to miss those.

Knights/mirrors and airplane routes return for the daily puzzles in Azran Legacy, as well as the alchemist one and a few others. (Including a couple of the shittier puzzles, like the match-four-to-make-blocks-fall one.)

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
In EU and AU/NZ we're 6 weeks from the release of Layton vs Wright :smug:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

EngineerSean posted:

Is the Alchemy minigame making a comeback in Azran Legacy? This will determine whether its a day one purchase for me.

Yes it is. Like a third of a page above your post:

Hedrigall posted:

Knights/mirrors and airplane routes return for the daily puzzles in Azran Legacy, as well as the alchemist one and a few others. (Including a couple of the shittier puzzles, like the match-four-to-make-blocks-fall one.)

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Enjoy Azran Legacy dudes. The part where you have multiple paths to choose from is tedious as gently caress (and like 75% of the game) but once you get to the final act it all gets good again.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Layton vs Wright is the best Layton game :colbert:

Azran Legacy really suffers because of the branching paths in the middle. All of those side quests were lovely. Oh, we're going to interrupt the series-ending plot so you can figure out why the chief of this village of racist caricatures is grumpy. Turns out it's because he wants to hear a joke! Hurpa durpa

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Somebody post a goddamn comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Waffleman_ posted:

American Luke is Lani Minella's best role, but that's really not saying much because Lani Minella is a loving awful voice actor.

She also plays the female Krogan in Mass Effect 3. Weird.

• Locked thread