Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

My dog thinks he's a pretty lady.

I do have to admit that so far this is my favorite plot of the three.

Also, I am terrible at the third car bonus puzzle. I think this game shows how much it hates you in the bonus puzzles if it involves cake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

precision posted:

One puzzle in Future so far did strike me as obnoxious: it literally requires you to "brute force" it by counting "how many ways can this happen". I prefer the logic/trick puzzles.

I. HATE. THIS. PUZZLE. I tried, I really did, and after I covered my memo pad with a million multicolored lines (love that upgrade, btw), I just started guessing because fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

Capsaicin posted:

Which one is this? I'm thinking it's either the one about the tunnels where you have to determine which one you have to go over-ground on or the checkerboard path one where you have to determine how many different ways you can get to the end by stepping on 4 black squares and 3 white squares

Overall, the worst puzzle I've found so far is the one where you have to determine which article of clothing Layton wants to buy.

Oh, it's totally the checkerboard one. The first one wasn't so bad except it was pretty misleading. The tunnels get pretty confusing and when you draw over them to trace, you lose the over under. :argh:

Ooh, I have not reached that one yet. I look forward to it...maybe. Right now I'm just starting Chapter 9: The Master of the Towering Pagoda. I'm very excited.

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

Funny comic by hiimdaisy: linked for Diabolical Box spoilers

That second one made me laugh so hard I freaked out my dog.

Wandering Knitter posted:

All I'll say is after staying up till 5am to finish this game I fell asleep only to have Laytonish dreams. When the alarm woke me up I picked it up confused over "how do I solve this puzzle?"

I did that with Katamari.

"I bet I could roll that."

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

JUST finished this game less than five minutes ago. That was HANDS DOWN the best story yet. I cried SO HARD multiple times at the end, omg. The part with the hat at the end was the worst. :< Also, the second to last movie clip. AAAAGH so good!

NEXT ONE PLEASE.

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

I feel super retarded but I'm stuck. I'm at the puzzle where you're trying to get into the locked door down by the Thames. It's the puzzle where there's 4 numbers and 4 buttons, each button controls 2 numbers, and you have to make them all equal to 0. Does anyone have a walkthrough on this. I even used the super hint for the first time because I really could not figure out how to do it.

I button mashed until I had the same numbers either up and down or side to side (so like:

n x or n n
n x -- x x

Basically each button will add something to each row or column. Figure out what that is.

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

RadicalR posted:

Playing Box right now, man, I must be terrible at this. I'm at the apple one, and I can't figure it out for the life of me. On a side note, paisleyfox, where is your avatar from?

Oh man, wish I could help you with the puzzle, but I have no idea what the apple one is anymore!

But my avatar is from Yakitate!Japan. :keke:

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

Well, here's a question for ya; Are the voice actors and character names the same between EU and US?

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

Crazy Achmed posted:

Come to think of it - I haven't played Unwound Future, but do they ever address the bit in the intro to Pandora's Box where Layton says that Luke isn't really his apprentice?

BiggerJ mostly covered this, but in UF you do find out that Luke does have his own father and still lives with him, so Layton isn't Luke's father. But other relations....?

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

A pink DS isn't very gentlemanly.

Maybe it's Luke's. He's not a gentleman yet! :cry:

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

The rest of this guy's gallery is full of the least gentlemanly Layton-centric art I've ever seen so try not to read into it too much. He is an unwell man, and as such it behooves us to overlook the most paltry of his depraved scrawlings.

THIS artist, on the other hand...

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

All this hate for Luke's voice. I like his US voice. :colbert:

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

Irisi posted:

I got it today, yay! And because I preordered I got a Professor Layton Rubix Cube as a freebie. My dad is currently trying to solve it and getting frustrated, bless his heart.

Plus, did any other UK folk see the wraparound cover with the Daily Express newspaper today? It was a 4-page advert for the game done as a mockup of the front page of the paper, it was adorable :3:

:aaa: Is there any way someone could get their hands on this and do a scan? That sounds too cool.

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

I got mine as an early birthday present yesterday. The only problem is I'm on midnight right now so not awake during the day AND my DS is uncharged.

HRRRRG I can't wait for the weekend. :ohdear:

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

And the sixth game was announced yesterday. Still no news of the Layton / Wright crossover -- I wonder what happened with that one.

Not only that, but the sixth one will be the last one. :(

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/8/29/3276424/professor-laytons-next-game-will-be-his-last

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

Artix74 posted:

Layton's last game. Remember the ending to Unwound Future.

Yeah, that's kind of what I am hoping for... :ohdear:

• Locked thread