Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009
Yeah those are pretty easy for me too. The only puzzles I find obnoxiously hard are the "hey, imagine a dodecahedron" style spatial reasoning ones. Even the sliding block puzzles aren't that bad, there's usually some sort of decisive move you can make that makes doing the actual puzzle pretty easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009
I feel super retarded but I'm stuck. I'm at the puzzle where you're trying to get into the locked door down by the Thames. It's the puzzle where there's 4 numbers and 4 buttons, each button controls 2 numbers, and you have to make them all equal to 0. Does anyone have a walkthrough on this. I even used the super hint for the first time because I really could not figure out how to do it.

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009
So anyone played the new one yet? I'd like to pick it up but didn't really like the last one as much as the first two, too many sliding puzzles and repetitive math poo poo I didn't wanna do.

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009

Zhent posted:

I love these games and the ability to pick them up, play through a puzzle or two, and then set it down again. Also they are, for whatever reason, the only games that my fiance will play, and she really enjoys figuring out the puzzles.

I just caught up to the last one, however. Are there other, similar style games available that can be recommended?
I don't think there are any good ones, but you could try a book. Like with pages. Look for something about visual/logical/lateral thinking puzzles at your local library. There's no reason your brainteasers have to come in the form of a video game. When I was a kid I had a bunch of books that were basically analog versions of Layton games. I also second not looking up Puzzle Agent because its an awful game.

• Locked thread