Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

SereneCrimson posted:

and is this supposed to indicate that Europe won't get London Life?

They wouldn't dare! I will personally go to their houses and... and... dress them in silly costumes while they sleep!

And it wouldn't even make sense considering Layton sells more in the EU than the US, AFAIK.

e: on the other hand, it may make sense to cut it out money-wise. I assume the 100h thingy has a large number of dialogue to go along with it? Translating what is essentially bonus content for 5 different languages would hit their budget hard.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Aug 29, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

That's not one hundred percent correct since that amount of dialogue in 5 languages could fairly well amount to take a couple megabytes compressed, which isn't much anyway, but it's a moot debate at this point. I'm importing it. Fuckers.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Smilin Joe Fission posted:

Does it get better, or is it safe to assume this game/series just isn't my cup of tea and I should sell it?

Oh dear, no, sell it. This is the first I heard someone describing the earlier puzzles of a Layton game as "work". This isn't your thing at all.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

And the sixth game was announced yesterday. Still no news of the Layton / Wright crossover -- I wonder what happened with that one.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Oh, and there's also this:

HelloWinter posted:

Club Nintendo of Europe will offer a free Professor Layton luggage tag for registering the newest game Miracle Mask online. Stocks are really limited, there's about 5,000 or so.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

eating only apples posted:

There must be a catch somewhere.

We still don't have SMTIV or Rune Factory 4 or Brain Training 3 (Devil Whatever).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Hedrigall posted:

Somebody post a goddamn comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veTZBlHraDw

The American voice sounds so bloody fake, it's amusing they think it's a real British accent.

• Locked thread