Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I finished MM the other day and it's easily at least #2 for me. Just a fantastic game all around. I actually found myself quite liking the 3D models after a while, and the new investigation cured my habit of NEW PLACE TAP EVERYTHING FOR HINT COINS. Honestly, the biggest surprise in the story for me was Eternal Diva being plot-relevant, and if Azran Legacies is as good as it's being teased, I'm sure it's going to rocket to #1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I played through the first case of Layton Brothers and its pretty fun. It's like a really condensed Ace Attorney Investigations. You have a singular crime scene and a list of suspects, a five minute initial investigation, then you deduce the culprit through testimony, analysis, and further investigation.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also, a caveat to anyone playing Layton Brothers. What you think is a localization error is actually a character just being super cockney. They went all out on the cockney in this localization.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The whole Layton thing is literally tacked on, as the game wasn't originally linked to Layton. It actually kinda turned me off the game when it was announced, because 1. It seems unlikely that Layton would get over the events of Unwound Future and get all married, and 2. The fact that it starred Layton's son felt fanficton as gently caress.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I just finished Layton Brothers. There were a couple of irksome unanswered questions and it wasn't the most satisfying ending. There was also a somewhat weak sequel hook, but I hope it goes through because overall, I really liked the game, even if it wasn't very Layton.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

BiggerJ posted:

I think she's supposed to be a northerner.

It's some dialect.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

It looks like a Facebook IAP piece of trash. :(

But it's supposed to be on the 3DS as well. How would that work?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I actually liked Miracle Mask a bit more than Specter. I thought the gameplay transition to the 3DS worked out really well, and I guess I'm the rare guy who actually gave a hoot about the story. It was at least better than Specter's story. Though I guess both of them are a case of "It's not Unwound Future." That game is fantastic in every way.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The worst part of Miracle Mask for me was when I talked to a dude who gave me a puzzle, but I didn't feel like solving that puzzle right then, so I quit. He said "I guess not all puzzles have solutions..." How dare you, sir.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

SereneCrimson posted:

Well, we're 2 weeks off of the NA release of Azran Legacy.
The Nintendo Direct had a little trailer showing off some of Emmy's scenes from Last Specter and Miracle Mask. Put a little emphasis that Azran Legacy is her last adventure with the Professor.

Man, This game ending is going to be so bittersweet.

I'm gonna try my hardest not to cry. The ending of Unwound Future makes me tear up every time I watch it and I expect the end of this trilogy to be no different, especially since this is the last game with the Professor, bar Layton 7 pulling something out. But it won't be the same.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm waiting for Amazon to deliver my copy. The solution for a college student without reliable transportation.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think that's simply because the European version came first and Level 5 didn't bother adapting it to American English. It's probably the same reason the American box art is the same as the European box art.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I still can't believe that Eternal Diva is actually plot-relevant.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yes, definitely.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

So I'm really close to the ending of Azran Legacy, and so far, this is a hell of a way to end a series, Jesus.

Edit: Oh God they ended it with the beginning of Curious Village just as I thought. I think I'm gonna cry.

So long, Professor Layton. It's been a fun six games. Looking forward to vs. Ace Attorney.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Mar 13, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The launch trailer for Vs. Phoenix Wright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7cW_duM30A

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

American Luke is Lani Minella's best role, but that's really not saying much because Lani Minella is a loving awful voice actor. I don't mind British Luke. I'm already used to him from Eternal Diva.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The games are all self-contained, this includes Eternal Diva. There is a thread connecting the prequel trilogy, but it's not enough to be lost.

• Locked thread