Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

You could say that some stuff that happens in Miracle Mask outright spoils some events in Azran Legacy, though Level 5 might just be going for the dramatic irony angle. :v:

:ssh: You should go back and watch the post-credits scene in Miracle Mask if you haven't already.

I honestly totally forgot about that spoiler in the cutscene until reading this post made me watch it again. Not remembering that made the Sycamore=Descole thing a pretty good twist. It was pretty obvious there was something shady with Raymond and Sycamore, but having forgot about Raymond's appearance in that cutscene made me not even think to connect the dots.

In regards to the solution to the mystery, I would have been more upset about the crazy golems hell-bent on destroying the world, if it hadn't have been for all of my expectations being blown away by the Descole/Layton/Bronev familial thing. At that point, the game could have done anything and it still would have just paled in comparison. I was expecting Emmy to turn out to be Layton's half-sister or something at that point. I agree with Regy Rusty's sentiments here.

The whole sacrificing their lives and being revived by ??Azran Magic?? was a little too much though. I like that all of the stories in Layton manage to bring up logical solutions to the supernatural or magic elements of the story, even if that answer is just "robots", so at least I'm glad Aurora turned out to be a golem, and not literally an Azran human encased in ice for a million years.

Regardless, I still enjoyed the story, and the puzzles were the best yet. The locations were also all really cool and looked good in 3D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Something the game should have done is been more Ace Attorney at the end.

The whole gem smuggling thing from the first case, and all the crystals being used for magic should not have been a coincidence, and there should have been more of a criminal element that actually needed to be solved here. That's where Phoenix could have shined.

• Locked thread