Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

:smug: Chiming in to say that I guessed the secret of the village in the second game, although I didn't manage to figure out what the box was until the reveal. The first game's twist also hit me from left field as well...

I was a bit disappointed that (not really a spoiler I guess) Flora was outright useless in the second game, doing nothing but getting kidnapped and replaced by Don Paolo, who also does pretty much nothing all game either. Although I guess my only real complaint about the games is that there are generally too many puzzles which are Layton says 'hey, this reminds me of a puzzle!' rather than actually being relevant to anything.

Also, what's with the title changes between the US and EU versions? Is 'pandora's box' trademarked in the US, or is there some crazed eurocrat who's decreed that 'diabolical box' is too satanic for impressionable european youths?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Come to think of it - I haven't played Unwound Future, but do they ever address the bit in the intro to Pandora's Box where Layton says that Luke isn't really his apprentice?

• Locked thread