Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Probably more of the latter since 'diabolical' is a closer localisation of the Japanese.

Maybe for Europe they felt that a reference to the Greek myth would help sales?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Who got that photograph of people playing cards one right without guessing or using hints?

It's about puzzle 27 I think.

I just guessed in the end (prior to using any hints) and I really can't imagine ever working it out legitimately.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

cronox2 posted:

Hmm. I object back. I can deal with shared hallucinations over 1 man spending an ungodly amount of money to recreate London miles beneath the Earth's surface. I just can't get over the amount of money and manpower it would take and how none of the workers involved would have told anyone about it.

Don't get me wrong, I love Layton games. I always tear through them in about a week and Unwound was no exception.

Yeah, the time travel idea was actually a lot more plausible than the underground city, especially given Clive's age and the 10 year time span. I just had to laugh at all the 'What?!' and 'This is incomprehensible' lines that came with the relevations. It was clear I shouldn't be taking anything even semi-seriously, even the implicit deaths of hundreds of Londoners.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

The Blarghonauts posted:

I thought they were mostly fun but the physics were kinda spazzy.

Anyway here's all the solutions:

5: http://i56.tinypic.com/2iazlg9.png

This one was definitely hardest for me. Almost the most annoying because there are some fairly dramatic looking 'near-misses' possible.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Random Stranger posted:

I just finished Unwound Future and I was kind of shocked when the villain went all 9/11 on central London. Having the bad guy kill thousands of innocent people at the climax of a Layton game just seemed wrong. And then hardly anyone involved in the elaborate scheme was arrested. Not to mention how they've now got more than enough evidence to arrest the prime minister for murder and that doesn't happen. That was incredibly bleak even without the closing to the emotional arcs.

Yeah, I really wasn't a fan of the attempt at contrition from Clive at the end before being led away gently without even being handcuffed.

It did seem strange how they glossed over all of those deaths given the reasons the story took place.

• Locked thread