Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Wandering Knitter posted:

I also have a question that's tormenting me: The one about the mislabeled plates. As far as I could tell ALL of them could be reused. Even the 7 you just had to slightly adjust to make it look like a seven again. What am I missing?

Most of them are symmetrical and therefore can still be used if horizontally flipped. However, the same does not hold true if there is no symmetry.

I really enjoyed this game. I expected the plot to be be mind-bogglingly out there and it didn't let me down one bit. Now to find the rest of the puzzles and finish the storybook and the car and parrot games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

savetheclocktower posted:

(5) The game is just a bunch of puzzles with Plot Caulk around them, and that's fine. But there's something so insipid about being trained to think logically for hours on end, then being presented a plot so illogical that it makes your scalp hurt. As soon as Layton pronounces that he's FIGURED EVERYTHING OUT… strap in, kids, because the next words that fall out of his mouth were penned by a paranoid schizophrenic. What if EVERYONE was a ROBOT, man? What if we were all living in a SHARED DREAM? THINK ABOUT IT

Honestly, I think that's really funny, and possibly intentional. I mean, we have all these logic problems with answers that have reasonable conclusions if you just think about it, and then the game's stories like to just have these ridiculous explanations that one never could have thought of under normal circumstances.

• Locked thread