Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Punch Drunk Drewsky posted:

Depending on your puzzle affinity, anywhere from five to ten hours. I think that the stories of both games are really charming so I tended to slow down to take it all in.

Plus all of the hidden puzzles, extra features, unlockable content and downloadable stuff make them all really worth it and decently replayable.

I do so love these games.

"Both games"

There's a third one out now, you know.

I'm really liking The Unwound Future so far. These games are addicting as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Wandering Knitter posted:

It's kind of nice that the bulk of the puzzles change with each game. Unwound future is definitely math/numbers related. Diabolical Box was more "physically moving things" related, and the first one was more traditional puzzle/oh god the chess related.

I thought only one guy gave chess puzzles in the first game and they were all really easy, I never spent more than a few minutes on each one.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Paracelsus posted:

That's why I said "partially." It's still thematically heavier than I think most studios are willing to do for all-ages games.

I think it's also pretty heavily aimed at the housewife crowd. That's why the US box art is plastered with "Solve over 150 brainteasers!!" like it's some Dell puzzle magazine.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Paracelsus posted:

It has been released in Japan. I haven't heard anything about an official release stateside.

Dude in the first page said that the movie has a planned UK release next month.

It's even listed in the OP. Jeez, guys.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Sodium Chloride posted:

Luke EU VA is different and terrible in a different way to the US one.

e: Looks like the movie is using Euro Luke.

Well they use british accents anyways, why would they change that for Britain? Is it not british enough? Is it just bad fake british in the US and they wanted to get it right? This makes no sense to me.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

SereneCrimson posted:

Since there was that whole 3DS conference thing last night, Level-5 released a trailer for Mask of Miracle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCE8g3r2OAA

I don't know how much I like the animated portraits during dialog. They look really weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

eating only apples posted:

Maybe it's because I'm both British and used to his Brit voice. The pseudo-English accent is terrible.

Here's a comparison, for anyone interested. UK-Luke is more high pitched, but at least he's actually English :colbert:

Thanks for confirming that the US voice is superior.

• Locked thread