Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
savetheclocktower
Sep 23, 2004

You wait and see, Mr. Caruthers. I will be president! I'll be the most powerful president in the history of America. And I'm gonna clean up this country!
I like this entire series, on the whole, but right now I've got a list of stuff to bitch about :

(1) Puzzles that are worded so vaguely that you need to spend two hint coins before you even know what's being asked.
(2) Puzzles that ask you to do something like "pick the odd one out" in situations where you could argue for several of them being the odd one out.
(3) Puzzles where the first hint isn't even a hint. ("This one may seem tricky, but just relax and think it through.")
(4) Heading from point A to point B on some contrived excuse, then abandoning that excuse halfway through and deciding to go to point C. Let's randomly go back to the present to get the Inspector. Let's go to the restaurant instead of the hotel. Let's go to the hotel instead of the restaurant.
(5) The game is just a bunch of puzzles with Plot Caulk around them, and that's fine. But there's something so insipid about being trained to think logically for hours on end, then being presented a plot so illogical that it makes your scalp hurt. As soon as Layton pronounces that he's FIGURED EVERYTHING OUT… strap in, kids, because the next words that fall out of his mouth were penned by a paranoid schizophrenic. What if EVERYONE was a ROBOT, man? What if we were all living in a SHARED DREAM? THINK ABOUT IT
(6) Most importantly: you can't tack a tear-jerker onto the end of a nonsensical, hole-filled story and expect it to be poignant in any way. I'm happy some random girl I barely met got reunited with her grandpa, but GO BACK TO THAT "SHARED HALLUCINATION" THING, PLEASE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread