Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!

Jack Trades posted:

What about Alone With Your Body?
That one is among the top 5 best E6 lyrics, IMO.

That said Human Zoo was a bit underwhelming. Good but not much more than that.

Eh, it's okay, I wouldn't call it anything that special. I've Seen Rio In Flames is so close to great but those loving lovely synth strings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Goddamn, but this band was born to play "Ah, Leah." I knew it was going to be good but the end result works almost perfectly. You can tell they really enjoyed this one.

PantsOptional fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 30, 2015

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Contributed enough to pick a cover and not even eligible for a digital copy, grumble grumble.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

You are going to be so happy with Cat People.

I am a little salty that their digital downloads are limited to 3 codes and only work for less than 24 hours, but I get why they're doing it.

E: also despite them saying that the downloads would be WAV, they're MP3? Weird.

PantsOptional fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 30, 2015

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I'm more concerned with Turn Me Loose, but Cat People is a close second :ohdear:

edit: now I gotta track down a digital copy instead of doing work today this is horseshit

Poe
Jul 22, 2007

I just got my CDs today and noticed One and The Warrior missing from the album. Did digital copies get these, or did I miss an update on licensing problems/expenses/other getting them cut from the tracklist?

Still probably the best result from any Kickstarter project I've backed so far!

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

They're on the other CD for some reason.

Poe
Jul 22, 2007

You're right, my bad. I haven't made it to the other CD yet.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10153137709718762&id=154062438761

"We also offer one more minor clarification...the covers of "The Warrior" and "One" are included on the "Memories" disc and not "Mimicry" as originally intended. Why? Because after further consideration, we decided it made more sense to keep "Mimicry" as a coherent disc with all the songs recorded, mixed and produced at the same time, from the same sessions. These other two covers have been around for years, so they wouldn't fit seamlessly with the other covers...hence their inclusion among the demos."

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Huh, there's a new CD? What did I miss?

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

Huh, there's a new CD? What did I miss?

They ran a kickstarter a little while back for a double cd of covers and demos and such. Just came out now.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Huh, I didn't remember that the $60 tier doesn't give you the digital download. Oh well. At least I'm getting Sexy Trash and the Absolute Treasure blu-ray along with the physical copy, so I suppose I'll live. Too bad I live in the frozen wastes of Finland and probably have to wait a few extra weeks for all of that stuff to ship.

I'm sure Turn Me Loose and Easy Lover will be more than worth the wait, though!

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Is it possible to buy it now if you didn't have enough dosh to blow on the kickstarter?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I threw Turn Me Loose up on my hosting along with the other cover I paid for and a couple others from the last kickstarter:

http://kaboobi.com/filez/

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

How did you end up liking it? Sorry about before, for some reason I thought you had picked the Bowie song.

Once again I end up liking some of these covers a lot better than the originals.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

A lot!
Cat People, Turn Me Loose, and oddly The Look are my favorites off the album.
As someone who doesn't really have any emotional attachment to Weird Al, that song was surprisingly great as well.

Was somewhat disappointed with Easy Lover and not even E6 can make a KISS song good, but it's a solid album all-around.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

ps Boston boat show announced:

http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=5770815&REFID=rockllc&pl=rockonconcerts

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Kaboobi posted:

not even E6 can make a KISS song good
Actually, KISS owns (except when they suck, which is most of the time) and Do You Love Me is cool and good :colbert: Nick Cave's Do You Love Me would have been a more interesting E6 cover, though. :v:

Turn Me Loose is also cool and good and I think I like it more than the Loverboy original.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

For a song I had never heard before, they do a amazing version of Rockets and lyrics weirdly fit them.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

I'd also never heard of Rockets before and after listening to the original I think the cover is significantly better than the original.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Kaboobi posted:

A lot!
Cat People, Turn Me Loose, and oddly The Look are my favorites off the album.
As someone who doesn't really have any emotional attachment to Weird Al, that song was surprisingly great as well.

Was somewhat disappointed with Easy Lover and not even E6 can make a KISS song good, but it's a solid album all-around.

The Look is ridiculously good, and the lyrics weirdly match E6's style so they pull it off in a way Roxette wishes they could. Ah! Leah! is also an awesome interpretation. And I like Easy Lover but I understand where you're coming from. Cat People is good but I still argue it is a waste of a Bowie song, there are so many other good ones they could have done. I am a little disappointed with Everywhere since I wish Dick was singing the whole thing, but otherwise I like what they did with it. It is solid overall. And Memories is likewise full of gems.

Does anyone know if this is getting a wide release? Like I assume backers get it first but presumably it was kickstarted so they could release the album with us just getting bonuses etc. I really want to be able to use this with Google Music and my phone etc. and not have to take the CD everywhere.

nonazis
Oct 13, 2014

The ants. They're everywhere, man. Big fuckers.
501rst post.

Also, is that "She's white" song racist? i feel like it's racist.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

nonazis posted:

501rst post.

Also, is that "She's white" song racist? i feel like it's racist.

"Alone With Your Body" is about having sex with dead women.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

wait what is gay bar about

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!

Babe Magnet posted:

The horrors of war.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Babe Magnet posted:

It's about how the US government shoves the military-industrial complex("let's start a war, start a nuclear war") down our throats("I've got something to put in you"), and burns lots of taxpayer dollars doing so("I wanna spend all your money").

Or it's about a gay bar. Hard to say.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Oh cool an excuse to post this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCZvYXwBlkk

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Would YOU buy a vinyl box set? Let them know!

https://t.co/8ctpId6j2m

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I need that in my life. :stare:

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Was on board for the first two kickstarters but I don't have a spare 2-300 dollars to give these guys. People seem pretty in favor of it on FB so I'm guessing they're gonna at least try.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Kaboobi posted:

Would YOU buy a vinyl box set? Let them know!

https://t.co/8ctpId6j2m
Oh god I can imagine the shipping costs to Finland :gonk: (my irresponsibility with money is well documented, so I'd still probably bite)

Speaking of which, I finally got my copies of M&M, Sexy Trash, and Absolute Treasure after they got stuck in customs for a few days (:argh:). Easy Lover is everything I wanted and more.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Apr 16, 2015

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Next week we're getting...something.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10153283215018762&id=154062438761

It's not a vinyl box set though.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Kaboobi posted:

Next week we're getting...something.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10153283215018762&id=154062438761

It's not a vinyl box set though.

Battle for Milkquarious 2? Please?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Oh man the first thing I thought was "rock opera" and I am glad I am not the only one.

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010
When I saw the Electric Six last year their van broke down in Edmonton and they rode in the back of a cube truck with their gear to Saskatoon. To make up for being late/hosed over for their show they played for like an hour and a half.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/e6absolutetreasure/roulette-stars-of-metro-detroit

This sure is a thing!

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

1K to have the band come play at your place after a show. Kaboobi, I think you know what's up.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

But I wanted a cover song :smith:

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
That dinner with E6 sounds mighty enticing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Kaboobi posted:

But I wanted a cover song :smith:
You can get a ringtone with a custom vocal. That could be turned into a miniature cover song, of sorts. :v:

• Locked thread