Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

One day until the new Evil Cowards comes out, but I'm not really hearing anything about it. Is EC that obscure?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Saw 'em in DC last night. A lot of fun, highly recommended (especially at $15 a ticket). Band briefly walked off stage after some dude kept grabbing at Dick and then managed to jump up on stage, but a hearty chant of "gently caress THAT GUY! gently caress THAT GUY!" brought them back out.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Jack Trades posted:

I really didn't like Mustang, as in it has the least songs I like of any album.

Nom de Plume - i really liked it.
Show Me What Your Lights Means - classic E6 kind of thing.
The New Shampoo - totally a Hello! I See You, I'm a fan.
Late Night Obama Food - interesting lyrics but not that great.

Rest of the songs are kind of bland and forgettable, compared to previous albums.

Maybe it's just me but it kind of feels like the lyrics are getting a bit lazy. Every other album has several songs with kind of iconic and rememberable (is it a word?) lyrics but the only thing from Mustang that stuck in my mind is "We are desperate! We'll eat anything they'll put inside the box."

EDIT: I guess I'll just sit in the corner listening to old albums and cry bitter tears.

Yeah, more or less in the same boat. Also I wish they could afford a better producer or something, doesn't really sound great.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Andy D is an amazing opening act and should tour with Electric Six, always. Imagine if Danny McBride had a trashy band that consisted of him and his wife. very funny and entertaining. Amazingly nice guy as well.

My sister had an interview with Dick Valentine and afterwards we sat in the 'green room' and talked poo poo. The man does not like Russia.

Great guy. Really drat timid actually. And short. But when the stage persona fades there's just a really sweet guy under there who really loves his job. Not what I expected.

Anywhere we can catch that interview?

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Satanic Wheels and Afterlife are fuckin jams, straight up.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

The new album is out there. I'm struggling to find anything to like in this one.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Jack Trades posted:

It's not bad, it's just...mediocre, IMO.

Yeah, nothing sticks out. With every other E6 album there are at least a few great tracks, but here it just feels so samey. And good god do they need to find a better producer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Album is out now, and I'm really surprised by how much I like it. A few duds, but mostly just from Dick yelping when I wish he would play it a bit cooler. Overall leagues better than BDLMD and a really solid album.

• Locked thread