Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Love new song previews. Gridlock and Psychic Visions are my favorites. New album is going to be so kickass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'd love to see one of their shows but living in EU doesn't help it much.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I personally don't think that any of their albums are worse or better than any other.
IMO all their albums and songs are very consistent in their inconsistency, and that's what I love about E6.
Edit: I've got favorite songs in every album.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

M1TCH3LL posted:

Oh I do. I don't listen to Flashy at all any more, because I didn't rate it at the time and I certainly don't rate it now. The worst album they put out, as far as I'm concerned.

Two good songs, an album doesn't make (Formula 409 and Dirty Ball).

Formula 409 and Dirty Ball kicks rear end but I personally liked Graphic Designer and Watching Evil Empires Fall Apart too.

Edit: I agree though, it's not one of their best albums.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Oct 1, 2011

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Flashy is definitely a better album than Kill. :colbert:

Ribbin' Me The Wrong Way , Waste of Time and Money, I Belong in a Factory?
Edit: Lynch me but I liked those songs.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Oct 2, 2011

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Oh, this is tough. I'll just pick several songs that I love.

Fire - Getting Into the Jam, Naked Pictures, She's White
Senor Smoke - Future is in the Future, Vibrator, Rock and Roll Evacuation
Switzerland - Pulling the Plug, The Band in Hell (as an afterthought, that wasn't a great album)
I Shall Exterminate... - White Train, Lenny Cravitz
Flashy - Formula 409, Graphic Designer, Watching Empires Fall Apart
KILL - Escape from Ohio, Rubbin' Me the Wrong Way, I Belong in a Factory
Zodiac - Jam it in the Hole, It Ain't Punk Rock, After Hours, American Cheese.
Heartbeats & Brainwaves - Bleed for the Artist, Free Samples, French Bacon and almost everything else in the album really.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Someone has a fetish maybe?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Indeed, I'm not to fond of the girl though. They could've found a deeper voice.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

So, which E6 song hooked you guys up?

For me it was Dance Commander from outro of a Zero Punctuation episode, actually.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

PeppermintEgo posted:

It's a little better than KILL but it's miles away from being better than Zodiac.

I'm pretty certain that we agreed that it totally depends on ones taste, several pages ago.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I can't really put a finger on what "We Use The Same Products" is supposed to be about.
A relationship between two people that share the something in common (a fetish?)?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Holy poo poo! I just discovered that E6 apparently has made a free EP that I never heard of before.
One of the songs is called "Dr. Dairywiggle's Luxurious Lullaby Ride Into The Creamy Cave Of Wonderment", which is the longest name I've ever seen, the song kick quite some rear end too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmiJGDtiKPY
EDIT: Also, female voice in that one is so better than in the new album. :colbert:

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Oct 15, 2011

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

fatherdog posted:

Speaking of which, what was Dick pointing to when he asked the audience "Was that on purpose?"? I was in the balcony so I couldn't see.

Argh! drat you all, people!
I really want to visit one of their shows now after I've read all the awesome things about them but it absolutely isn't possible for me this year unless they have a show in Sweden (which they won't because no one likes good music here) or pigs start flying.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I know it's early but I wonder when we can expect to hear about this years album.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

M1TCH3LL posted:

It's better than we could have imagined...

Sounds great. I don't think I still have heard ALL songs from "Fire" (the old one).

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

There's a difference between live album and live album. I've heard live albums like Daft Punk's "Live 2007" where the crowd doesn't messes with the music at all, sure they're cheering and all but it seems like it's been recorded in a way to not to be annoying.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

British have a funny accent, Valentine has awesome voice. They were basically made for each other.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I am listening to Absolute Pleasure right now and I have to say that it's an absolute pleasure to listen to them.

I wish I was able to attend one of their live shows...maybe one day :smith:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I really didn't like Mustang, as in it has the least songs I like of any album.

Nom de Plume - i really liked it.
Show Me What Your Lights Means - classic E6 kind of thing.
The New Shampoo - totally a Hello! I See You, I'm a fan.
Late Night Obama Food - interesting lyrics but not that great.

Rest of the songs are kind of bland and forgettable, compared to previous albums.

Maybe it's just me but it kind of feels like the lyrics are getting a bit lazy. Every other album has several songs with kind of iconic and rememberable (is it a word?) lyrics but the only thing from Mustang that stuck in my mind is "We are desperate! We'll eat anything they'll put inside the box."

EDIT: I guess I'll just sit in the corner listening to old albums and cry bitter tears.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

IMHO, Mustang isn't bad per-sebut it's definitely one of the least exciting albums.
I even enjoyed Absolute Pleasure more than Mustang to be honest.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

PantsOptional posted:

If you had the nigh-impossible task of playing just one E6 song for someone to introduce them to the band, which one would it be?

After Hours.
It's not their best song by any stretch of imagination but it's got a hook and it's a good representation of their general style.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I loving love I'm The Devil.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Grim posted:

It took me way too long to realize what the song was about, I just liked it because it's a cool tune... and now I like it even more :hawaaaafap:

So I didn't misunderstand the lyrics? That's hosed up...edly awesome.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 19, 2014

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cymbal Monkey posted:

I'm personally super disappointed with Human Zoo, I feel like there's minimal development and the lyrics have finally gone over the edge from surreal/funny to just words in places.

That said, Satanic Wheels is great.

What about Alone With Your Body?
That one is among the top 5 best E6 lyrics, IMO.

That said Human Zoo was a bit underwhelming. Good but not much more than that.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Huh, there's a new CD? What did I miss?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

nonazis posted:

501rst post.

Also, is that "She's white" song racist? i feel like it's racist.

"Alone With Your Body" is about having sex with dead women.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Kaboobi posted:

Next week we're getting...something.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10153283215018762&id=154062438761

It's not a vinyl box set though.

Battle for Milkquarious 2? Please?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

The new album is out there. I'm struggling to find anything to like in this one.

Same here.
It pains me to say this but it's definitely one of the worst albums, if not the worst. At least some other albums had at least one song that stood out to me.

EDIT: It's not bad, it's just...mediocre, IMO.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

PantsOptional posted:

I feel like there are a lot of tracks here that I enjoy while I'm listening to them but they utterly fail to stick in my memory in any fashion.

Exactly. The E6 style is there but it's all way too bland.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

M1TCH3LL posted:

The only song standing out to me so far is Two Dollar Two for the Aerosmith-esque parts. Otherwise, it's a bit hit and miss with emphasis on the miss. Not overly sold on the production either but I may just be hearing things.

You're definitely not hearing things. The whole album is very muffled for some reason and there's something with the audio balance that makes it harder to discern the lyrics. At least on Spotify.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Commissar Budgie posted:

"Hello! I See You" is probably my favorite from the record, though I would be lying if I didn't mention it really grew on me after hearing the live version

"Hello! I See You" is loving great. I did a lyrics analysis "presentation"...thing in college when that album came out (among a couple of other of their songs), cause I always loved how E6 mostly writes their lyrics to be silly on the surface but when you actually dissect them, they're completely coherent and thematic.

I kind of wish I could've done "Alone with Your Body" as well but it wasn't out yet.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Can't wait.
Hopefully this one will be one of the better ones.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Spergminer posted:

https://www.facebook.com/electricsixofficial/app/2405167945/
Number of the Beast and I'll Be In Touch are on Electric 6's facebook now.

Those are...pretty good? Looking forward to the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Something is really wrong with whoever has been mixing songs in their latest albums.

• Locked thread