Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
You are a saint among men. Bless you for this bounty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Kaboobi you have a problem but it is the best kind of problem. Also, listening to this 2112 cover now and it may actually be possible for me to die happy now.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

So far the first two covers are:
Donnie Iris, "Ah Leah"
Roxette, "The Look"

I think they're going to absolutely kill on that first one at the very least.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

If you had the nigh-impossible task of playing just one E6 song for someone to introduce them to the band, which one would it be?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Songs 3, 4, and 5 off Mimicry:

Ween, Buckingham Green
ZZ Top, I Got the Six
Kiss - Do You Love Me

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All the hype in the Boston thread reminded me - Kaboobi, can you tell us now which song you picked for Mimicry?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Well, the mystery of the Bowie comment has been solved: they're doing a cover of "Blue Jean" for a Bowie tribute album.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Goddamn, but this band was born to play "Ah, Leah." I knew it was going to be good but the end result works almost perfectly. You can tell they really enjoyed this one.

PantsOptional fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 30, 2015

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

You are going to be so happy with Cat People.

I am a little salty that their digital downloads are limited to 3 codes and only work for less than 24 hours, but I get why they're doing it.

E: also despite them saying that the downloads would be WAV, they're MP3? Weird.

PantsOptional fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 30, 2015

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

They're on the other CD for some reason.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

How did you end up liking it? Sorry about before, for some reason I thought you had picked the Bowie song.

Once again I end up liking some of these covers a lot better than the originals.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

I'd also never heard of Rockets before and after listening to the original I think the cover is significantly better than the original.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

1K to have the band come play at your place after a show. Kaboobi, I think you know what's up.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Which one?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

I feel like there are a lot of tracks here that I enjoy while I'm listening to them but they utterly fail to stick in my memory in any fashion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

The KS just went live for the new 2-disc set. One disc will be covers like Mimicry, one will be a live album at Oxford Academy.

I gotta say, I am extremely tempted by the karaoke set at the $80 level but idk how receptive the local places would be to me handing them a disc on karaoke night. Also tempted by the stock advice reward level but if their first piece of advice isn't "don't throw $100 for stock advice at people who don't know anything about stocks" I'd be very disappointed.

• Locked thread