Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Harry Privates posted:

Rough version of the setlist that I could remember.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/electric-six/2012/first-avenue-minneapolis-mn-7bdfaa58.html

Wow, incredibly similar set-list for the Chicago concert: replaced After Hours with Jam it in the Hole and Dirty Ball with Formula 409 and shuffle the order up basically. Oh also, add It Gets Hot and Watching Evil Empires Fall Apart, but yours might be missing a few.

Surprised that they had so many newer songs as opposed to stuff from Senor Smoke or Switzerland; but I guess that makes sense since they played the entire first album. Still an excellent show, can't wait to hear the album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Kaboobi posted:

I'm putting the covers I've collected up on my hosting, so there's a couple more up now.

http://kaboobi.com/filez/

This is excellent. Where were you able to find the other ones?

Hopefully we can get all 7 (5?), although I honestly don't know why anyone who bought this tier wouldn't want to share it with the world. Thanks again for this.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Kaboobi posted:

I wish I was joking but I was invited into a seedy underground Electric Six group after I posted my cover and it made it to the E6 twitter page

Pokemon Theme

:stare:

This whole post is mind-blowing.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Looked at their setlists from the current tour and confirmed that "Karate Lips" is their new show opener, at least for this tour. Which I am psyched for, it is my favorite song off of the new album so far and seems like an awesome way to open the show, with the chanting and all.

Kaboobi posted:

Was gonna be a Bowie song, then I talked to them during a boat show asking them to choose between a few ideas they had, and they hinted they might already have a Bowie.

Your life is fascinating.

I am not thrilled with Cat People, it seems like there are so many other short, funky Bowie songs that would be perfect for E6. Maybe the point is to do something different though. Personally I would be torn between Moonage Daydream ("I'll be a rockin' rollin' bitch for you") or Diamond Dogs (Dick screaming "This ain't rock and roll! This is genocide!!" at the beginning would be worth the price of admission alone).

Your choice is golden though, and I'm also psyched for a lot of the other covers.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Kaboobi posted:

A lot!
Cat People, Turn Me Loose, and oddly The Look are my favorites off the album.
As someone who doesn't really have any emotional attachment to Weird Al, that song was surprisingly great as well.

Was somewhat disappointed with Easy Lover and not even E6 can make a KISS song good, but it's a solid album all-around.

The Look is ridiculously good, and the lyrics weirdly match E6's style so they pull it off in a way Roxette wishes they could. Ah! Leah! is also an awesome interpretation. And I like Easy Lover but I understand where you're coming from. Cat People is good but I still argue it is a waste of a Bowie song, there are so many other good ones they could have done. I am a little disappointed with Everywhere since I wish Dick was singing the whole thing, but otherwise I like what they did with it. It is solid overall. And Memories is likewise full of gems.

Does anyone know if this is getting a wide release? Like I assume backers get it first but presumably it was kickstarted so they could release the album with us just getting bonuses etc. I really want to be able to use this with Google Music and my phone etc. and not have to take the CD everywhere.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Oh man the first thing I thought was "rock opera" and I am glad I am not the only one.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I feel like every E6 album has that problem on a first listen to, for me at least. Human Zoo was the first one in awhile where I liked the first 3 songs immediately. I am still discovering appreciation for songs on older albums, I just really started appreciating Heartbeats recently. I am hoping this new album will be the same, I am halfway through my first listen, I really liked Variation of Elaine so far.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I have pretty much the same experience with every E6 album, past like Switzerland: at first I can't really get into it except maybe one or two tracks jump out at me. After a few listens those tracks usually solidify to me as staples, then occasionally I rediscover a track later on. On Human Zoo the first 3 immediately jumped out to me as being probably the best sequence in awhile, then it kind of gets dull until I Need a Restaurant which is my favorite track on the album. On Bitch, Don't Let Me Die! I'm currently really digging Two Dollar Two, Roulette!, A Variation of Elaine and When Cowboys File For Divorce, but there are even others that are starting to grow on me.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Kaboobi posted:

Oh hey the Roulette Stars digital downloads are out and it includes my dumb cover (which won't be in the film itself cause of legal things)

https://t.co/Rgh5hqhz9R

Oh man this is a great cover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Kaboobi posted:

They quickly upped the choose a covers to 5 after the first 3 sold out within an hour. :getin:

omg I love their covers, this is exciting news. I hope someone also chooses the E6 remix reward level. That sounds potentially really cool as well (I enjoyed some of the alternate takes on Memories)

• Locked thread