Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pizza Partisan
Sep 22, 2003

M1TCH3LL posted:

*Possibly* for Jam It In The Hole as they're selling a limited edition 7" vinyl of it at live shows, but I wouldn't be to sure as they are touring and I don't know if time permits.

Oh man, I didn't see about the 7". I've bought a total of 3 copies of Sexy Trash at the past few shows I've gone to (one for myself, two to give out) just because Dick's such a great songwriter and I love how it gives you a look into his songwriting process. It's always great to get more tour exclusives. I also got Flashy on vinyl during Hittin' the Walls and Workin' the Middle, but as far as I know there wasn't a Kill LP. Were there any available on the Kill tour?

As for the quality of songs on Kill, I think a lot of Dick's great writing went into Evil Cowards last year. A lot of the stuff on Kill felt like the same caliber as the throwaway songs on Sexy Trash that have one or two lines that get recycled into amazing songs.

From the promo video with all the clips of the songs, it seems like Evil Cowards is really influencing his songwriting. I'm just hoping that he's not getting sick of Electric Six. The shows have been amazing, but his stage presence at the Philly show of the Kill tour really had an air of, "I'm still doing this same poo poo 6 years later? I'm ready for something new!"

I'd also definitely rate Exterminate and Switzerland higher than Fire and Senor Smoke. Possibly even putting Kill and Flashy up higher, too. After so many live shows, I don't think I'd enjoy an Electric Six show without timbales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pizza Partisan
Sep 22, 2003

PeppermintEgo posted:

"Hello. Hope your summer is hot and humid. I, like you, am waiting for our eighth album entitled 'Heartbeats and Brainwaves' to come out this October so we can all sing along together. However, this is still the summer and October is a season away."

Awww...Man Vs Internet is such a better name!

I don't think Dick's ever used the real name for an album until about September. There's still time for it to change back.

Pizza Partisan
Sep 22, 2003
On the topic of Heartbeats, am I the only person who really loves Food Dog?

It doesn't sound like most other E6 songs but still has what I feel are some of the most Dick Valentine lyrics he's ever written.

Pizza Partisan
Sep 22, 2003
"Mood is Improving" is great, and "My Dreams" is working its way into my brain in the way "Interchangeable Knife" or "Food Dog" did.

• Locked thread