Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Our motives are multiple, our desires complex.
Fallen Rib

Jack Trades posted:

I'd love to see one of their shows but living in EU doesn't help it much.

They're playing Moscow (!), Paris, and a couple shows in the Netherlands in November, if those are anywhere near you.

Edit: n-thing everyone else in the thread. IF E6 are playing a show anywhere near you, it's worth your time and money to go. I've seen them 5 times now over a 6 year period and their ability to put on a really great show combined with Dick's awesome stage banter just keeps getting better. Plus, they're all great guys and usually will chat before and after shows.

Dominus Vobiscum fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Sep 28, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Fallen Rib
Why does everybody hate KILL? :(

It's at least better than the last five songs on Exterminate.

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Fallen Rib
Try as I might, I've never liked any of those. Lucifer Airlines is alright, but I can name five songs on Kill I like more. Except for sometimes wanting to skip My Idea of Fun, I can listen to Kill straight through and be happy.

Granted, the same thing happened with me and Switzerland until I went to a show that had a few songs from it on the setlist which got me to listen to the album again.

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Fallen Rib
Talking Turkey is the best end-of-an-E6-album song there is (especially after I actually listened to the lyrics and realized what it was about), except for maybe Synthesizer. I love Heartbeats and Brainwaves the song, but the dragged out ending doesn't work as well for me.

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Fallen Rib
I know this comes up once a page or so, but it bears repeating: If you ever have the chance to see Electric Six live, do it.

I saw them in Philly tonight. Dick didn't do as much of his usual stage banter, which was unfortunate. I think the crowd wasn't as responsive compared to all the times I've seen them in Indianapolis. Gridlock and Hello! I See You! were just as good live as I expected them to be, and them always throwing in Part 2 after is the only thing that makes me alright with still keeping Gay Bar on the set list.

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Fallen Rib

fatherdog posted:

I think part of the fact was that there couldn't have been more than like thirty people there, Johnny Brenda's is pretty small at the best of times and it was far from filled.

I'd never been to Johnny Brenda's before so I didn't get a good judge of the crowd, but they'd always pull at least 75-100 people in Indy. It being a Wednesday night show probably didn't help much, though they pulled a bigger crowd on a Tuesday in Indy in the spring.

What was with the person who brought the blowup doll?

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Fallen Rib

fatherdog posted:

Speaking of which, what was Dick pointing to when he asked the audience "Was that on purpose?"? I was in the balcony so I couldn't see.

I have no idea. I was in the front and he was pointing at something about halfway back on the floor. I looked around but didn't see anything special.

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Fallen Rib
From E6's Twitter:

"The ethnically unbalanced Village People at the Black Cat in D.C. last night. Happy Halloween, we said it'd be scary"

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Fallen Rib

free snack posted:

It's started! I don't know how much I can watch but um Andy D is uh special :stare:

Indianapolis is a strange place.

Andy D has a guest spot on It Gets Hot! I wonder if they'll play it and have him come out for it.

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Fallen Rib
It's still some days too early for Christmas music, but...

http://www.avclub.com/articles/electric-six-covers-youre-a-mean-one-mr-grinch,65430/

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Fallen Rib

SporkTSI posted:

Really bummed that I can't make it to the show up in Indy tonight. It's probably the only time they'll come to Indiana :smith:

They play shows in Indy at least once a year.

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Fallen Rib
The drummer told me at the show last night that they're looking to book a short US tour in the fall, but nothing's set in stone yet. Electric Six never stops.

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Fallen Rib
Metropolis announced a release date for the live album, which is entitled "Absolute Pleasure". It's not a double album, nor is it in the order they played the songs.

Track listing:
01. It's Showtime
02. Down At McDonnelzzz
03. Danger! High Voltage!
04. Future Is In The Future
05. Dirty Ball
06. When I Get To The Green Building
07. Gay Bar
08. Infected Girls
09. Jam It In The Hole
10. She's White
11. Body Shot
12. Dance Epidemic
13. I Buy The Drugs
14. Hello! I See You
15. Crazy Horses
16. Dance Commander
17. Synthesizer

Preorders here: http://www.metropolis-mailorder.com/product.php?prodnum=MET+817

Also, they're hitting the Midwest and East Coast in October and November. As always, if E6 are coming anywhere near you, it's more than worth your while to go.

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Fallen Rib
Sucks, but Dave and Nash really worked well together in the live shows, so I'm sure he's a worthy permanent replacement.

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Fallen Rib

Shunkymonky posted:

So hows everyone going with MOVING THROUGH SECURITY?

I was pretty eh at first but its definitely grown on me quickly. Best dirty euro-pop record made by Americans I've heard this year thus far. Highlights for me so far are Gravy Train, Bedford Avenue Wine Distributors and Military Man.

Covered in Gas took a bit to grow on me, too. Bedford Avenue Wine Distributors is probably my favorite so far, after thinking it would be a terrible filler track from the Amazon previews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Fallen Rib

Kaboobi posted:

in celebration I also uploaded another cover, shhh

http://kaboobi.com/filez/

I love you forever.

• Locked thread