Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

techno allah posted:

The ballad of MC sucka DJ is awesome just for the Magnum PI breakdown. But my favorite old Wildbunch song is by far I am Detroit!

Another song from that time that I hadn't heard until recently is Don't Be Afraid Of The Robot from the Japanese release of Fire. Good stuff. Does anyone know where to get a hold of the import on the cheap or any place that has just the mp3's for sale? All I can find is the import on Amazon and its out of stock and over $40 to boot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Saw this on Facebook:
A reminder that Friday, November 4th's Electric Six show from the Double Door in Chicago is to be broadcast LIVE and FREE. You can view it at the attached link for Gigity TV. Electric Six is scheduled to hit the stage at approximately 11 PM Central Time, but be sure to click in early to catch our fabulous openers Kitten and Andy D.

http://gigity.tv/event/85/

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

free snack posted:

Will they have the concert uploaded or will they only stream? I have a lot of stuff to do early morning Saturday and I am not sure if I can stay up for them :(

I have not seen any indication that the entire show will be uploaded. There is an archive section from other shows, but none of the videos there look to be of an entire performance. It would be nice if they did though.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

This got posted to the band's facebook page a few hours ago:

quote:

Crazies...here's a tour sampler with three tracks each from both Electric Six and Little Hurricane. The E6 tracks are taken from "Absolute Pleasure," to be released on October 9.
http://littlehurricane.bandcamp.com/album/2012-tour-sampler-little-hurricane-electric-six

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

I just got my tickets for the September 7th show. To paraphrase Dick: I'm going to be on a live DVD.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

So I finally got back from the Absolute Treasure show and holy poo poo it was amazing. While Electric Six never disappoints live, they brought their A+ game for this one. 2 hours on stage and 20+ songs, some of which I wasn't expecting to hear (Transatlantic Flight, Rip It, Pulling The Plug On The Party, We Were Witchy Witchy White Women, Steal Your Bones) along with most of the more familiar live tracks. Only one song from Mustang, which was a little surprising. The crowd was also great and had a lot of energy. I had one of Percussion World's drum sticks that he threw into the audience after the show bounce off of my fingertips, but I got to shake his hand a few minutes later so that kind of made up for it. This is what they posted on their Facebook page about the show:

Electric Six on Facebook posted:

Crazies...tonight's Absolute Treasure show in Detroit at Saint Andrew's Hall was an all time great. We couldn't have done it without you...those from Detroit and those who traveled great distances to join us alike should be proud of being such a big part of what made tonight spectacular. We think the resulting DVD/Blu Ray is going to be worthy of all the time, resources and attention spent on it by us and by you, the Crazies. Thanks again for one of the best gigs in band history. You were witnesses.

I know that I'm preaching to the choir, but the DVD is going to be a must get if you're not already getting it from backing the Kickstarter.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Electric Six performed for NPR's World Cafe: http://www.npr.org/blogs/WorldCafe/2013/10/24/240518105/electric-six-on-world-cafe

Set list: Show Me What Your Lights Mean, Steal Your Bones, Down At McDonnelzzz, & Synthesizer.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

The teaser for Absolute Treasure is up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOu-5av8E4E

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

I saw Bang Camaro open for E6 once and was completely unimpressed. However, when little hurricane opened they were amazing.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

I got my blu-ray copy today and watched it already. The video quality is pretty drat sharp and the show is just as good on video as it was seeing it live. I can even pick myself out in the video a few times as well. :v: The bonus disc has 5 songs that didn't quite make the cut for the main video for one reason or another as well as a half hour interview with Dick. It looks like he's in a session with a psychologist with the questions being asked by a robotic voice. Also, mixed in the interview are brief interludes with DaVe saying some random things that have nothing to do with the interview. Its informative and a little strange, which is about what your would expect from Electric Six.

My poster is coming separately and should be here in a day or two, so yay! All in all, definitely worth the money I spent on the Kickstarter.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Kaboobi posted:

a seedy underground Electric Six group

What?

Kaboobi posted:

2112: Overture/The Temple of Syrinx

Whoever chose this was a genius. I must hear this.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

They just posted a new Kickstarter for an album of covers and rarities: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/e6absolutetreasure/mimicry-and-memories

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Kaboobi posted:

in celebration I also uploaded another cover, shhh

http://kaboobi.com/filez/

Yes! 2112 is loving amazing! The only way it could have been better is if they did all 20 minutes.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

OH NO MAN posted:

The correct choice, of course, is Easy Lover, so if you don't vote for that prepare to be mauled by badgers when you least expect it.

This is correct. The only problem I'm having is deciding on which package to go with. Its between the poster and the Tait Nucleus? mix. I have the poster from the last Kickstarter, so I was thinking about keeping that going, but the mix could be pretty good so I'm torn.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Well, Everywhere won with 60 votes. However, since Easy Lover got 55 votes it was announced as the $45k stretch goal. :woop:

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

This got posted to their Facebook page a bit ago, which includes some of the song titles for Human Zoo.

Electric Six posted:

Welcome to the Official ELECTRIC SIX Facebook page.
Biography
The concept of the “human zoo” has existed in art and literature for centuries, thus Electric Six recognizes and accepts it is not breaking new conceptual ground by naming its tenth studio album Human Zoo. It recognizes and accepts that old ground is being broken. Like teeth.

The first known reference to a human zoo is believed to be from the mid-to-middle 12th century, when the famous Flemish monk Wenslaus De Trappe wrote of his base desires to cage human beings and charge money to display them in humiliating fashion in his classic 14 Trappist Monk Tales. From there, the human zoo concept snowballed and could be found everywhere from Restoration literature (Lord Percy Nutton’s Northumberland Abbey), to Nazi propaganda (Die Mensch Zooiedieschennel) to 20th Century American counterculture (Tal Rosenberg’s 20 Days on Acid – I Am a Pinhole Camera), the last of which where the author famously imprisons his lawyer/traveling companion in a cage and places him at the corner of Haight and Ashbury to stand trial for helping contribute to a bad trip.

Electric Six recognizes the legacy of the human zoo concept and throws its hat into the conceptual milieu with a great deal of respect and humility. We do not seek to define the human zoo, nor do we seek to deconstruct it. We seek to explore it. We seek to expand it. And most of all, we seek to sell it to you.

Electric Six recognizes that when men and women are placed in cages and displayed like animals, a power dynamic is being constructed. The human in the cage has his basic rights discarded, his dignity stripped from him, whereas the human who pays to observe other humans establishes his superiority just by casually standing and watching, choosing to leave whenever he likes. In this same way, Electric Six seeks to put itself on display in such a manner that empowers the listener and debases the band all while making everyone feel like partying.

From the opening track “Karate Lips”, Human Zoo takes the listener immediately into a teenage karate tournament for girls as refereed by Def Leppard. The crunchy guitars hit you in the face like a teenage foot and you immediately remember why you purchased or illegally downloaded this latest Electric Six album.

Like many E6 albums, Human Zoo does not have one defining sound, rather it is a sampler’s plate of the entire history of rock and roll music. Like Motown…now we are doing Motown. “Alone With Your Body” is the feel good necrophilia anthem of the summer and it sees the band embracing this oft overlooked section of our hometown’s musical history.

From there we ramble into the spaghetti-western marching band good times of “Gun Rights”, the triumphant Disnification of “I’ve Seen Rio in Flames”, and into the absurd hip hop of “(Who The Hell Just) Call My Phone”. Thrown in a few classic rockers in “I Need A Restaurant” and “Worst Movie Ever” and you’ve got an E6 album, son!

But it’s not an E6 album until the closer is better than the rest of the record combined. The gorgeous, haunting pop of “The Afterlife” might be the greatest thing the band has ever done. Ever.

Okay we said some stuff, told you some song titles, and threw you a few bones. Come on now, buy the record! Who cares about all that other stuff? Have a go, see what happens! Give it a shot! Human Zoo is available on Oct. 14 on Metropolis Records. Come see Electric Six play in your town this fall on the Some Girls Do It for Love tour. Visit electricsix.com for tour dates.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

You have less than two hours to contribute to the Kickstarter if you have not done so already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

So I went to the show last night and it was great. I hadn't seen them since the Absolute Treasure show, so it was nice to hear some of the songs from the last two albums that came out since then. A highlight was they played Improper Dancing up until the STOP, went directly into (Who the Hell Just) Call my Phone and played that in it's entirety, then finished Improper Dancing. Also getting to hear them do Cat People live was nice too. This was the fourth time I've seen them so the rest of the set I've heard before, but they kicked rear end as usual.

Also got a copy of the new album. Only half way through so far, but it's already better than Bitch, Don't Let Me Die by a fair amount.

• Locked thread