Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k

big mean giraffe posted:

Care to post your dock?

First post of this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=781455

I had to create a transparent png file for the invisible icons on the dock, I may eventually just create some small ones to go with the dock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Nope. CM6 through and through. (I helped him root it)

Maybe CM6 is optimized for the N1 or something. Whatever.

Kareg
Jul 23, 2007
My desktop is pretty basic. It's a rooted 2.2 rom with 5 screens on a Motorola Droid.

Click here for the full 480x854 image.

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Captain Charisma posted:

Wow, I lost 20% in airplane mode this morning on CM6. Have you underclocked or something?

Yeah pretty sure something else is going on with your phone. I regularly get two days of normal use out of my phone (N1/CM6) before charging.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Desktop Visualizer is being annoyingly broken. Trying to use it to make Contact links, and it's freezing up every other time. Anyone else see this and no how to fix it?

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Captain Charisma posted:

Maybe CM6 is optimized for the N1 or something. Whatever.

Are you sure you don't have a widget or some other program that's killing the battery?

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Bubble-T posted:

Are you sure you don't have a widget or some other program that's killing the battery?

Yeah, it's perfectly fine with Sense and nothing in Running services looked like it was a rogue app.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Put blue and red chicken in mouth plz

Prowler posted:

Mine be simple but kinda pretty.

Dock and icons:

http://www.launcherpro.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2569

I'm wanting a lighter wallpaper that's similarly minimalistic. I'm probably going to need to create one myself--probably cannibalizing some of my older wallpapers.

EDIT: It is pretty straightforward, but I guess I should give more information:

Launcher Pro Plus (the other screens have way too much poo poo I'd need to redact)
First row: Snowstorm Widget 4x1
Second Row: Digital clock (large)
Third: SwitchPro
Fourth: Battstatt

I really wish there were a sort of "themes" manager for Launcher Pro. Because I'd change my theme daily if that were the case.

What's the wallpaper you're using? And is it live or static?

Also, where can I find the HTC News & Weather widget? I don't have an HTC phone but that widget is perfect for any home screen.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

nickutz posted:

Also, where can I find the HTC News & Weather widget? I don't have an HTC phone but that widget is perfect for any home screen.

Just do a Google search for GenieWidget.apk. You'll find it but I'm not sure it will install as a normal app for you since it normally lives in /system/app/

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

You sleek minimalist assholes are really ruining my comfortably tended garden of way-too-much-poo poo-on-my-screen. I need a direct shortcut to that program I used once a few weeks ago.

:(

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

SLOSifl posted:

You sleek minimalist assholes are really ruining my comfortably tended garden of way-too-much-poo poo-on-my-screen.

Let's see it. :colbert:

danishcake
Aug 15, 2004

iamthexander posted:

What widget is displaying the time?

One of the standard clock widgets from my Desire, so I imagine it's part of sense

Heteroy
Mar 13, 2004

:fork::fork::fork:
Yam Slacker
This is more a proof of concept than anything. I created a psd file to act as a template for creating screen wide button layouts. I used an image the entire size of the screen, but there is no reason you would have to. Naturally I need to spend time getting a better image, text, etc.

If I find hosting, I could upload the psd.

Edit: Forgive the sloppiness on the maps button. I didn't see that i had not gone the full width and missed a bit

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Heteroy fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Sep 21, 2010

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Heteroy posted:

This is more a proof of concept than anything. I created a psd file to act as a template for creating screen wide button layouts. I used an image the entire size of the screen, but there is no reason you would have to. Naturally I need to spend time getting a better image, text, etc.

Edit: Forgive the sloppiness on the maps button. I didn't see that i had not gone the full width and missed a bit

Email Draecas@gmail.com and I'll set you up with a login for my webhost.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

Gravy Boat 2k

Heteroy posted:

The one problem you will most liklely find is that different sized phones will not use the same template size. I used ones for the Desire and the 1x2's were too short or the 2x1's were too long. The best way to determine the size of your icons for Desktop Virtualizer is by resizing a widget and using ShootMe to get a screencap of the resize editor, using this method they came out exactly right.

Of course I had to go back and delete all those images I made in my post prior and make all new ones after figuring that out :negative:

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Casao posted:

Email Draecas@gmail.com and I'll set you up with a login for my webhost.

http://goondroid.draecas.com/wallbuttontemplate.psd

FYI, I've made an FTP account for uploading Android things to. If you want the details, send me a PM, IM or Email and I'll hook you up. I'm trusting you guys not to abuse this.

Heteroy
Mar 13, 2004

Yam Slacker

Sepist posted:

The one problem you will most liklely find is that different sized phones will not use the same template size. I used ones for the Desire and the 1x2's were too short or the 2x1's were too long. The best way to determine the size of your icons for Desktop Virtualizer is by resizing a widget and using ShootMe to get a screencap of the resize editor, using this method they came out exactly right.

Of course I had to go back and delete all those images I made in my post prior and make all new ones after figuring that out :negative:

How many different screen resolutions are there. If I could get them, and the dock and notification bars stay the same size between phones, making any other templates would probably be trivial.

I found this thing was particularly helpful with setting up larger images that span across buttons so it still has some use.

Heteroy fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Sep 21, 2010

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Heteroy posted:

How many different screen resolutions are there. If I could get them, and the dock and notification bars stay the same size between phones, making any other templates would probably be trivial.

I found this thing was particularly helpful with setting up larger images that span across buttons so it still has some use.

Edit: I'll explain the above psd in a moment...

There's the old G1 resolution, there's WVGA (800x480), there's Droid's WVGA (854x480 iirc). These are the 3 major ones, but there might be more.

However, a lot of screens with the same resolution have different physical sizes, by a bit, so they can look very different.

Heteroy
Mar 13, 2004

Yam Slacker

Casao posted:

There's the old G1 resolution, there's WVGA (800x480), there's Droid's WVGA (854x480 iirc). These are the 3 major ones, but there might be more.

However, a lot of screens with the same resolution have different physical sizes, by a bit, so they can look very different.

Thanks for hosting that file.

Now to explain it. I created it using a Vibrant, so I thought it should work for any phone with a 480x800 screen resolution. I don't get the voodoo that would make different devices with the same resolution display differently but ymmv.

There are 4x5 panes on each page, so you'll need to set 5 Icon rows in preferences>advanced settings.

The template is three pages wide, although in my example I only used the middle page (the layer "visible - 1 panel"). Find an image that covers that green area if you just want one page. It's 470x656. For all three pages it's 1430x656. I'll leave any other math regarding this to you.

"All gaps" represents area that will not be covered by buttons no matter what.

"gaps + extra" creates three pixels of covered space on either side of the horizontal gaps. This makes it so the vertical and horizontal distance between buttons matches. Use this if you want an evenly tiled area.

The guides are there to lock your selections in place, so that you have the correct area and size. Obviously if you want a button larger than 1x1, you cross over the grout into the adjacent space to select both panes. copy into a new image and save. I use a coordinate naming convention to keep track (i.e. 11-21-view.jpg would be 1x2 vertical button on the top left.)

Click here for the full 800x433 image.

Heteroy fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Sep 21, 2010

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Nupraptor posted:

It's still very much a WIP, but I wanted to show off my progress with Desktop Visualizer:

If there's interest, I can post the psd files. I had to guess the dimensions for my phone (Droid X) and still wound up with some slight gaps, but the rounded edges make it less pronounced.

Beautiful Widgets binary clock. Launcher Pro dock is "Touch Flow Carbon".

Definitely post the PSDs, it's definitely similar to what I'm aiming for and I'd love to gank them.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

Gravy Boat 2k
If you guys like the domensions and gaps of my corrected icons I will glady upload a template for yall for Droid X

edit: oh god I should have just timg'd it instead of SA upload :gonk:

Nupraptor
Feb 8, 2003

Vae Victus
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=80E310JB - PSDs for my icon layouts. The font I used was "Adventure Subtitles". They're a little rough, but there ya go.

Sepist: How do the 1x2 icons look?

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't have background filled ones but here would be a Droid X sized 1x2

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Splizwarf posted:

Let's see it. :colbert:
Ok :(

LP+ with Beautiful Widgets. Direct dial to the girlfriend, Good Morning (not necessary), DropBox (I don't need this), Market, Gallery (I think), Camera, Audible, Browser.

Phone/Call Log, Contacts/Facebook, App Drawer/Barcode Scanner, Text/GTalk, Work Mail/Personal Mail.

Just a bunch more poo poo on the other screens.

Maybe I'll clean this all up today.

Background link
My hosting.

SLOSifl fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Sep 21, 2010

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Nupraptor posted:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=80E310JB - PSDs for my icon layouts. The font I used was "Adventure Subtitles". They're a little rough, but there ya go.

Sepist: How do the 1x2 icons look?

Mirrored @ http://goondroid.draecas.com/VisualizerIcons.rar

I'm also working on a couple templates of my own, just need to get the ratios right. Has anyone found the ratio to fill up a 1x2 on a N1-style WVGA? Mine are all getting sized down to keep the proportions.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

SLOSifl posted:

This is positively minimalist compared to some I've seen on the LauncherPro forums. It's really not that bad, and I like the wallpaper a lot.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

I've made a Sense-ish template for 1x2 icons. It's Paint.net format, so anyone can use it (unlike the PSDs :argh: ) and it should be simple. Not great though.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

it seems every frickin' icon pack on the market blows rear end. I tried going to the old wincustomize goto, but their icons aren't enough/not the right kind of icons.

Checking deviantart, its kinda promising, but we'll see. I'm almost at the point of creating my own.

JerkyBunion
Jun 22, 2002

Nevermind it just showed up nothing to see here.

JerkyBunion fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Sep 21, 2010

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Miss Fats posted:

I'm trying to get the Dreamlyfe icons to work on my phone. The instructions say:

Now maybe I don't understand how to find the root of my SDCard (is it just the "Removable Storage" folder when I connect via USB to my PC?) but I dragged and dropped the folder onto my phone. I can find it with ASTRO but whenever I go into Launcher Pro like it says, the files are not in the Gallery. How do I solve this problem? Anyone?

Reboot your phone. Gallery doesn't always update itself. Remounting SD should force a rescan, but it can be finnicky.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Casao posted:

Reboot your phone. Gallery doesn't always update itself. Remounting SD should force a rescan, but it can be finnicky.

I hate gallery3d so much compared to the HTC Photo viewer, because of this. When I was trying to change out LP+ icons it would take forever to finally see the icons. I want to D/L and go, not wait then eventually update.

lifenomad
May 8, 2009

Just figured out how to take screen shots from my computer.

Main page:

All pages:

I have the Launcherplus app running the show. A Control Panel widget, and a Weather Channel widget. I have "system stuff" on the Control panel page, and some "location" stuff on the Weather page.

I have all of my other most used apps in the bottom application bar.

Heteroy
Mar 13, 2004

Yam Slacker
So is the minimum space between widgets 10 pixels horizontally, 4 pixels vertically, the same for all phones or does even that vary?

callmehyde
Apr 28, 2010

Doctor Butts posted:

it seems every frickin' icon pack on the market blows rear end. I tried going to the old wincustomize goto, but their icons aren't enough/not the right kind of icons.

Checking deviantart, its kinda promising, but we'll see. I'm almost at the point of creating my own.

I've tried searching deviantart but I haven't had much luck. What terms are you using to search? Any luck so far?

Prowler
May 24, 2004

nickutz posted:

What's the wallpaper you're using? And is it live or static?

http://browse.deviantart.com/customization/wallpaper/minimalistic/?order=9&offset=264#/d1x7z3n

EDIT: For the record, I didn't link it previously because I found it through Zedge or Flickie Wallpapers.

Prowler fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Sep 21, 2010

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

deong posted:

I hate gallery3d so much compared to the HTC Photo viewer, because of this. When I was trying to change out LP+ icons it would take forever to finally see the icons. I want to D/L and go, not wait then eventually update.

There are a bunch of apps that can force an update. Search the market, though Awesome Drop can do it in the app.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Doctor Butts posted:

Iconspedia seems good, has a decent Market icon I used last night.

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009

lifenomad posted:

Holy crap a fellow central PA goon. but seriously I love this background.

lifenomad
May 8, 2009

wmbest2 posted:

Holy crap a fellow central PA goon. but seriously I love this background.

Central PA reppin :slick:

Here's the background, I cannot remember where I got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

SLOSifl posted:

LP+ with Beautiful Widgets. Direct dial to the girlfriend, Good Morning (not necessary), DropBox (I don't need this), Market, Gallery (I think), Camera, Audible, Browser.

Phone/Call Log, Contacts/Facebook, App Drawer/Barcode Scanner, Text/GTalk, Work Mail/Personal Mail.

Just a bunch more poo poo on the other screens.

Maybe I'll clean this all up today.

That's a great background, care to post it?

• Locked thread