Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Worst Unicorn
Nov 4, 2009

~*I Sparkle You Sparkle*~
Hey everyone, it's the season so post your favorite Spooky-OOoky images!
As Childlike Empress said at the end of the last thread, we're not Rotten.com. Please use discretion when choosing an image to share.

Q. Help me I am a literal squash what is not good to post?

A. Anything that came from a shock site is out. If your image is so gross that most normal people will want to quickly scroll away before they can even process it, don't post it. No :nms: images this thread!

Okay, that's it! Have fun!

e. vvv So it shall be. :3:

The Worst Unicorn has a new favorite as of 20:57 on Sep 21, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Thanks, TWU. I'm going to chime in and suggest that no, you really don't have to post your :nms: stuff, linked or otherwise. Pictures of inside-out babies, car crash victims, and homeless men with maggot-infested injuries aren't creepy, they're just gross and they will now receive probation or banning.

Besides, why post shock photos (that are pretty much all the same when you think about it) when you can introduce us to new kinds of creepy poo poo like this painting?

http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/c43/a2d/c43a2dfb-64a1-4e31-b095-72c0151efbd1

The Macaroni has a new favorite as of 20:54 on Mar 6, 2013

MerchantOfChaos
Jun 6, 2010

by Smythe

There's something about abandoned stuff that always gets me. Like this one, the way the tracks of the roller coaster stretch out into the hazy emptiness like the bones of some old forgotten dead creature...

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Childlike Empress posted:

Welp, thread's off to a powerful start. Yeesh.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Thanks, TWU. I'm going to chime in and suggest that no, you really don't have to post your :nms: stuff, linked or otherwise. Pictures of inside-out babies, car crash victims, and homeless men with maggot-infested injuries aren't creepy, they're just gross and they will now receive probation or banning.

Besides, why post shock photos (that are pretty much all the same when you think about it) when you can introduce us to new kinds of creepy poo poo like this painting?

Possibly also include some background as a lot of posts ask "where is this from"

As your post CE, I had to tineye yours as it looked quite old surrealist, but is actually quite modern by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaros%C5%82aw_Kukowski

I assume this is the artist

Fell
Feb 22, 2007

by Cowcaster

djssniper posted:

Possibly also include some background as a lot of posts ask "where is this from"

As your post CE, I had to tineye yours as it looked quite old surrealist, but is actually quite modern by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaros%C5%82aw_Kukowski

I assume this is the artist

The artist's name is right at the bottom of the picture. :eng101:

I like this guy's stuff... though, apparently he dreams of naked fairies a lot (not pictured).

Click here for the full 605x768 image.

Amber Sweet
Apr 30, 2009

Instantly reminded of this guy

Who is also creepy as gently caress.

e: just to clarify, this is the hand-eye scary monster thing in Pans Labyrinth

Amber Sweet has a new favorite as of 01:20 on Sep 22, 2010

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Amber Sweet posted:

Instantly reminded of this guy

Who is also creepy as gently caress.

It's like a cross breed between that guy and a praying mantis.

qrj
Jun 9, 2010

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

Click here for the full 612x612 image.

I don't remember the source but I've had this (and other images) from previous threads saved on my hard drive for years

Edit: waffle images apparently does all the BBcode for you vOv

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

Here's a few that may have been from around the beginning of the last thread, or the thread before that, or places unknown.

clicky.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Mr. Grinch posted:

Click here for the full 612x612 image.

I don't remember the source but I've had this (and other images) from previous threads saved on my hard drive for years

Edit: waffle images apparently does all the BBcode for you vOv

I don't think any other image has captured the phrase "What the gently caress?" so perfectly.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

The Young Family: sculpture by Patricia Piccinini

Liquidator
Sep 27, 2007

MerchantOfChaos posted:

There's something about abandoned stuff that always gets me. Like this one, the way the tracks of the roller coaster stretch out into the hazy emptiness like the bones of some old forgotten dead creature...

I heard the game over "musical" cue from Silent Hill 3 looking at this.

Hashima Island, used to be a mining complex but became useless in the 1960s when petroleum replaced coal as a fuel resource (during the war and the subsequent SCAP administered occupation, cars were modified to run on coal)

Liquidator has a new favorite as of 18:38 on Sep 22, 2010

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

I hate the dark underbellies of sailing ships...
My own hosting, by the way

tifosibella
Aug 17, 2005

captian r u gay
I don't have any images that haven't been done to death, but I seem to recall videos were posted in the old thread and that made me remember that the Brothers Quay had a real feel for the creepy.

My favorite in terms of creepiness is a music video done for His Name is Alive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqCeSa8m9eo

And if you have a bit of time to kill, Street of Crocodiles is a film based off a short novel by Bruno Schulz:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gIb0bTWj6w
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDkQpd7yC58

Not all of their stuff is on the same level of creepiness, and maybe some people don't feel it. I've always just had this bizarre morbid fascination with old, worn-out toys and things. Also I've always felt stop-motion as a general rule has an undercurrent of horror, probably something to do with Uncanny Valley or some silly poo poo. Vaguely humanoid things shambling around seemingly unaided... *shudder*

Edit: And I forgot about this gem. The theology school at Baylor University has a clock, and beneath the clock face is a line that references a Bible verse which out of context is loving disturbing. Of course this tower faced the garage where I always parked, and I usually was coming back to my car at night. The verse this saying is referring to, by the way, is from John 9:4, specifically Jesus saying, "As long as it is day, we must do the works of him who sent me. Night is coming when no one can work."

tifosibella has a new favorite as of 05:32 on Sep 22, 2010

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

cowboythreespeech posted:

Here's a few that may have been from around the beginning of the last thread, or the thread before that, or places unknown.

clicky.

For some reason I want to say this is a member of Swiss mime troupe Mummenschanz, except I don't see this image when I search for it, yet I have this distant childhood memory of that image as being one of the first to prick my interest for this very kind of creepy.

octothorpopus
Jan 22, 2010

JUST KEEP PLAYING!!!

I'm really reminded of the murderer from the movie "The Poughkeepsie Tapes" when I see this image. Anyone else?

Edit: have some content.

Click here for the full 1920x1080 image.

octothorpopus has a new favorite as of 06:04 on Sep 22, 2010

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles
I love Karl Persson

YogiBear727
Mar 17, 2009

clicky.

this is really creepy...

blaarghh
Nov 28, 2007

I love these threads! :neckbeard:

These are just things I've saved over the years, so sorry for the lack of background info.

Background! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bella_in_the_Wych_Elm

(This is an M.C Escher as far as I know... I don't know about you but it gives me a really uneasy, bleak feeling.)

FailingYeti
Aug 8, 2010
[quote="qrj"]

I have seen this a thousand times. What is the source of this picture?

Scruffy McDougal
Jan 17, 2009

Knuckle Kimchi
Jul 22, 2008

中国は?

FailingYeti posted:

[quote="qrj"]

I have seen this a thousand times. What is the source of this picture?

It's from Fuan no Tane (volume 1), #4 The Stingy Buyer.

Moot1234
Jul 2, 2008

Ridiculously long lasting flavor.
I'm sorry, let me just get this one out of the way now.

One of the most unnerving images from the Wyoming Incident. I just felt so weird and uncomfortable after watching that video...I can't really explain it but I did not like it.

It's not like screamer scary or gory just, unnerving as gently caress.

If you'll not heed my words and still feel the need to not sleep tonight:
Watch the video yourself

TommyFilth
Aug 25, 2000

by Ozma
I've always been partial to the works of John Jude Palencar.

Click here for the full 780x805 image.

Loads more here: http://www.johnjudepalencar.com/home.htm (some of it may be :nws:)

FailingYeti
Aug 8, 2010

Knuckle Kimchi posted:

It's from Fuan no Tane (volume 1), #4 The Stingy Buyer.

Thanks alot! I've been curious as all hell to what that was from.

HiFiSi
Apr 11, 2007

They seem kinda creepy at first, until you realize that they're both drunk on Smirnov.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
People tend to find the fullsize of my avatar rather unnerving. It's by Deviantart user MrThom.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
Username 666 always creeps me out. I think its because he nails that weird, just "not right" sound the videos make.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

I don't know where these came from. I generally just save the images, and then repost them when/wherever I need to.

And an obligatory Slenderman.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Soy Sauce Beast posted:

I think this one is kind of pretty. I want to sit in that chair :3:

nullandvoid
Mar 7, 2006

Look, the Mona Lisa's not a better painting, it's merely a more famous one, and it was made more famous because it was stolen. And this was stolen, so...
Here's a couple that somehow invoke a gut emotional reaction in me, like something just repulses me in the images. So of course I use them in my background rotation like a big stupid.

edit: :argh: WAFFFFFFLLLE!!!!

nullandvoid has a new favorite as of 18:15 on Sep 22, 2010

Abercrunchie
Jun 9, 2009
Can't be a creepy images thread without Zdzislaw Beksinski.

Click here for the full 858x1088 image.

baleze
Feb 23, 2005

Soy Sauce Beast posted:

I don't know where these came from. I generally just save the images, and then repost them when/wherever I need to.

Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia. Definitely worth checking out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_State_Penitentiary

ninja edit: ah! and the second picture you've posted comes from the movie Session 9.

Blutnerd
Jul 22, 2007

Monoton und Minimal

Soy Sauce Beast posted:

The image name gives this one away. It's from the movie Session 9. That image, or one very similar, was used on the cover.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

I'm glad you guys know where all this stuff is from! I didn't think to actually look at the file name, normally it's a string of numbers, so I ignore them.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
I posted some of these in the old thread, but here they are again. Most of the photos come from this cornucopia of disturbance: Black and WTF.

(Why are they smiling? :psyduck:)

BIG DICK DADDY
Sep 13, 2007

Heidely-ho, neighbor!
To kick off the new thread, here is my collection of creepy pics. Most of them are from the old thread:

https://wi.somethingawful.com/26/26c8f4bdb4400359d8a084fd4eb8e3a6f3023e60.jpg :nws:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Click here for the full 1050x1400 image.

Click here for the full 407x666 image.

Edit - Both from here.

Flavor Bear has a new favorite as of 20:06 on Sep 22, 2010

• Locked thread