Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
So are we going to spend the next three pages speculating over why Parley's chest is all lit up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
drat. So they secured the Court's border by making Jeanne an eternal sentinel? That's pretty cold.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Sep 27, 2010

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
The real question here is was Jeanne being straightforward or speaking in metaphor when she said they shot and trapped her heart in the river?

weavernaut
Sep 12, 2007

i'm so glad to have made such an interesting new friend

Brannock posted:

The real question here is was Jeanne being straightforward or speaking in metaphor when she said they shot and trapped her heart in the river?

Don't be silly, she was in love with the elf dude. "Leaving one's heart" is not an uncommon expression.

There's "twist" and there's "technicality" and I highly doubt elf dude was her literal heart come to life. (Parley's chest is glowing due to her "gleaming heart", whatever that is.)

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Oh no! A sad face! :smith:

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Jesus. This is all sort of old hat for Annie, but Parley just got overwhelmed. Not only overwhelmed, but overwhelmed by a love story when she herself cannot admit that she is in love. At least I don't remember her ever saying anything to Smitty. If this doesn't push her in that direction, I sure as hell don't know what would.

Hopefully Annie can push through her sadness and run interference before Jeanne does something... :ohdear:

Mike McC
Oct 9, 2009

Sulevis posted:

(Parley's chest is glowing due to her "gleaming heart", whatever that is.)
I'm guessing it's Love.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

ChibiSoma posted:

Hopefully Annie can push through her sadness and run interference before Jeanne does something... :ohdear:
This makes it sound kinda like a football play. :v:

I'm guessing that Parley's glowing heart has more to do with etheric communication. It appeared when she touched Annie during her projection. A guy in the webcomic thread suggested that maybe Parley is just a lens for powers--Smitty's order-inducing is turned into teleportation that puts her where she "belongs", and Annie's spiritual powers become, uh... this.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
So can a person enter the etheric world without a head, anyway?

Wong Dongson
Mar 26, 2010

More like Wrong Dongson am I right?

Get it?

Because I'm really fucking dumb and annoying and usually have no idea what the fuck I'm talk about.
Yeah, seriously, I thought it was pretty obvious flashback time was initiated now because Parley wants to have Smitty's babies. All the babies. To the degree that even watching a romantic movie is enough to make her teleport to him. Carver, for all her wonderful qualities, isn't really romantically interested in anyone. If everyone you know got together to kill your lover, I'd imagine that would be a bit of a sore spot for you.

It's not enough to be sensitive to those sorts of things if you don't have an empathic connection to the subject. Two women in love have a lot more in common than a ghost and a medium.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Phy posted:

Yes, I'm quite sure that everything Coyote has ever said has been 100% factually true.

Well of course not. He is a trickster after all. But I think he's being honest when he tells Annie the stories he tells or shows her. Granted he leaves things out (like not saying which version of Ysengrin was the real one).

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Sulevis posted:

Don't be silly, she was in love with the elf dude. "Leaving one's heart" is not an uncommon expression.

There's "twist" and there's "technicality" and I highly doubt elf dude was her literal heart come to life. (Parley's chest is glowing due to her "gleaming heart", whatever that is.)

I don't know... initially I agreed with you and I still want to agree with you but "the useless shell of my body was ensnared by the green light and discarded over time" makes it sound like something's up. We didn't see a green light in the earlier river scenes, did we?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Brannock posted:

I don't know... initially I agreed with you and I still want to agree with you but "the useless shell of my body was ensnared by the green light and discarded over time" makes it sound like something's up. We didn't see a green light in the earlier river scenes, did we?

The arrow hitting Jolly Elfenberry produced a green light.
Yes I know that's (probably) not his name but I'm sticking with it :colbert:

Mike McC
Oct 9, 2009

A two part sacrifice. Kill her love, her heart to create a heartless sentinel forever bound to the river.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

:aaaaa: The court intended for Jeanne to angrily haunt the shore. God drat, I am so slow.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Calaveron posted:

The arrow hitting Jolly Elfenberry produced a green light.
Yes I know that's (probably) not his name but I'm sticking with it :colbert:

In the absence of other evidence I say it is Manly Elfsberry--an outcast among elves, driven into the arms of a human for his tragic ruggedness, grotesque size and complete inability to prance.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Sep 27, 2010

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Kismet posted:

:aaaaa: The court intended for Jeanne to angrily haunt the shore. God drat, I am so slow.

And Diego did nothing.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Ka0 posted:

And Diego did nothing.

Technically, he did everything. "It must be Jeanne."

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Ka0 posted:

And Diego did nothing.

Hell no, dude just had some major regrets immediately after and spent the rest of his life pathetically trying to convince himself that he was just a pawn.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
I'm happy I managed to predict the whole "gleaming heart" thing - more or less, anyway. It's still a drat good piece of storytelling, though.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Fuego Fish posted:

I'm happy I managed to predict the whole "gleaming heart" thing - more or less, anyway. It's still a drat good piece of storytelling, though.

You... like something?

Mark the calendar.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Dodgeball posted:

You... like something?

Mark the calendar.

Haha oh yes I'm just that guy who hates everything, that's my schtick, I'm not even a real person I'm just a loving algorithm programmed by an insane computer.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Fuego Fish posted:

Haha oh yes I'm just that guy who hates everything, that's my schtick, I'm not even a real person I'm just a loving algorithm programmed by an insane computer.

This isn't doing much for your image.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

inthesto posted:

So are we going to spend the next three pages speculating over why Parley's chest is all lit up?

Maybe she's a robot?

fake edit: I really wish it would turn out that everyone at the court was a robot except Jones.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

DocFrance posted:

Maybe she's a robot?

fake edit: I really wish it would turn out that everyone at the court was a robot except Jones.

This should be an April Fools strip.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Fuego Fish posted:

Fuego, as a dude who appreciates you enough to play M&M with you, sometimes people can just say poo poo and you don't need to reply to it because it doesn't mean crap (and even if it did you certainly shouldn't care). Haters going to hate, etc.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

DocFrance posted:

Maybe she's a robot?

Tea-san make this the twist ending, tia.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

DocFrance posted:

Maybe she's a robot?

That would explain all the puzzles...

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Macaluso posted:

Well of course not. He is a trickster after all. But I think he's being honest when he tells Annie the stories he tells or shows her. Granted he leaves things out (like not saying which version of Ysengrin was the real one).

DontMockMySmock posted:

There are two especially artful ways to lie. One is to tell the truth, but tell just enough to let the listener jump to the wrong conclusions. The other is to tell the truth, but tell it so unconvincingly that the listener believes you're lying.

I am pretty sure that Coyote is a master of both.

I'm not even sure if I was being sarcastic or not.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Fuego Fish posted:

For the record, I believe everything you say.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
By the way - what's the symbol on Parley's chest? It's there amidst the glow.

Her shirt had no designs on the front, so what the hell is it?

E: Here, this thing:

E: vvv Ahh, why so it is! Had to go back quite a few for that one. Well, that's one mystery solved, I guess!

ChibiSoma fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Sep 28, 2010

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

ChibiSoma posted:

By the way - what's the symbol on Parley's chest? It's there amidst the glow.

Her shirt had no designs on the front, so what the hell is it?

I totally didn't notice it until you pointed it out, but it's a heart. The :h: kind, not the fleshy ugly kind. It's easier to see on the earlier page with her glowing.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

ChibiSoma posted:

I still can't see it :/ I checked earlier pages but didn't see it either.

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.

Mr. Heliotrope posted:

You can very faintly see a pink outline. In the oval that ChibiSoma outlined, look at about 11 o'clock and you can see the upper left lobe of the heart.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Mr. Heliotrope posted:

from the page where it starts glowing

(hmm, I think the pointy bit at the bottom got harder to see when I added more jpeg compression)

urim
Oct 1, 2003
DON'T FUCK WITH LOWTAX
Man this is a great comic. Jeanne's anger is palpable and so deserved... I hope Annie and Parley get out of this alright without Jeanne messing with them too much. Especially so that Parley can go back and have all the babies with Smitty

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004
I no longer believe in the greater purpose.

urim posted:

Man this is a great comic. Jeanne's anger is palpable and so deserved... I hope Annie and Parley get out of this alright without Jeanne messing with them too much. Especially so that Parley can go back and have all the babies with Smitty

Not today, friend, Jeanne's gonna just take an ear if Parley's lucky. Angry Ghost Lady gonna kill somebody to-nite.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Yeah, while I'm not hoping Parley dies, I'm also hoping that she doesn't get away from this unscathed. It would significantly detract from Jeanne's menace if both of the girls escaped while she just kinda stands there and shakes her fist.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
poo poo'S GOING DOWN.

Well, Jeanne is murderously psychotic. Who would've guessed? :v:

vvvv He'll just point to his T-shirt.

Fecha fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Sep 29, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Be sure to stop by NYCC and ask Tea-San if Jones is a robot on my behalf!