Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm going to call jenny zemmy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Beyond being a girl with long black hair I do not see a jenny/zimmy resemblance, but I gess I'm alone there

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Even though exceptionally smart readers like myself knew it wasn't really Zimmy, there was an obvious resemblance fully intended by the author. Even Kat was mistaken!

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rita Repulsa posted:

Beyond being a girl with long black hair I do not see a jenny/zimmy resemblance, but I gess I'm alone there

You are forever alone

Blackheart posted:

Even though exceptionally smart readers like myself knew it wasn't really Zimmy, there was an obvious resemblance fully intended by the author. Even Kat was mistaken!

I'm gonna beat your rear end, punk

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Rita Repulsa posted:

Do you also have pale skin and dark circles under your eyes like both Jenny and Zimmy do?

e: whoops I missed an entire word at the start of your post sorry

blastron fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jul 30, 2014

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Rita Repulsa posted:

Despite being a not-black-haired not-girl, I saw the vague resemblance the author intended, but still recognized that it was a different person.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

SHISHKABOB posted:

I'm gonna beat your rear end, punk

I've been training and I think you can't

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Blackheart posted:

I've been training and I think you can't

Say that TO MY FACE and not over THE INTERNET you pussy rear end nerd BITCH

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm sorry was that too much I apologize for being over the top, obnoxious and rude.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Jenny is not Zimmy. She's Jeanne.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Nihilarian posted:

Despite being a not-black-haired not-girl, I saw the vague resemblance the author intended, but still recognized that it was a different person.

I assumed she was some kind of older, prettier, idealized version of Zimmy, mostly because she was introduced in the same panel as new be-facial haired Jack who appears to have gone through the same kind of transformation.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

SHISHKABOB posted:

Say that TO MY FACE and not over THE INTERNET you pussy rear end nerd BITCH

The only way to settle this is karaoke. At dawn.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
That's totally Zimmy and the cruise ship is called the Event Horizon.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

SHISHKABOB posted:

yeah cause it's not like she's ever gone swimming before

Y'know I'm not entirely sure she has. She couldn't bear to be away from her hospital-bound mother and moved straight to the court after she died.

Unless she's actually been shown swimming on-panel I'd say it's pretty likely she's never done it before.

Not that swimming would hurt her or anything. Though she probably would drown.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tenebrais posted:

Y'know I'm not entirely sure she has. She couldn't bear to be away from her hospital-bound mother and moved straight to the court after she died.

Unless she's actually been shown swimming on-panel I'd say it's pretty likely she's never done it before.

Not that swimming would hurt her or anything. Though she probably would drown.

She fell in the River remember that time with the robot and the ghost and the fairies and the jimmy jims

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Ya dude she fell in the river near the beginning of the comic and she goes swimming with the forest people in the side comic. I mean c'mon she's not a fire elemental she had a fire elemental as like a great-great-great-great-great-great grandmother or something.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

GOOOOOOOOONS :argh:

edit: maybe that should be timg'd...

Beepity Boop fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jul 30, 2014

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Clearly she's melting away. Poor Annie, I wonder how they managed to fix her.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

SHISHKABOB posted:

Clearly she's melting away. Poor Annie, I wonder how they managed to fix her.

She's OK, she can metamorphose into a hair octopus

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Hullo, Gunnerkrigg thread! A certain comic (hint: this one) got nominated for a Harvey Award as a candidate for best webcomic. You should go here and vote for it. Also, a bunch of other cool authors/books for you to vote on if you are familiar with the material under the other categories.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Saoshyant posted:

Hullo, Gunnerkrigg thread! A certain comic (hint: this one) got nominated for a Harvey Award as a candidate for best webcomic. You should go here and vote for it. Also, a bunch of other cool authors/books for you to vote on if you are familiar with the material under the other categories.

Addendum: You can only vote if you yourself are a cartoonist. This includes webcomics.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oh, I missed that. That disqualifies 98% of the thread, welp.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I drew a stick figure once.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Blackheart posted:

Yeah, Jack is just going through the phase that happens in all healthy men's lives where they're extremely attracted to black-haired gothy and/or Winona Ryder types. I went through it around the same age that Jack is right now in the story.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
you can tell they got the good rooms because the window isn't just a cubby with a curtain over it

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
I once photoshopped a Ctrl-Alt-Delete comic, thus putting more skill and effort into cartooning than Buckley and every paid cartoonist in the Political Cartoons thread combined. I deserve to vote

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Fried Chicken posted:

I once photoshopped a Ctrl-Alt-Delete comic, thus putting more skill and effort into cartooning than Buckley and every paid cartoonist in the Political Cartoons thread combined. I deserve to vote

I don't think there's a GC themed version of loss.jpg, and I feel like the world is lessened for it. Then again, maybe that horse has been beaten far beyond undeath at this point.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
All you have to do is draw stick figures daily like XKCD. Boom, webcomic author.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

So I just connected, rereading Ties, that Hyland (Jack's family name) is the dude that gets laid out by Eglamore Jimmy-Jims.

The Distant Past: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=540
The Past: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=692

:aaaaa: It's all connected man.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

So that link just got me to go on and read all of Spring Heeled part 2. I think that's a great chapter, although I have to admit I still don't exactly know what the hell is going on in it. After Annie gets to the rooftop, we switch to Zimmy who thinks she's Annie, I've got that bit. And then there's a bunch of Jacks, but they're actually inside one of Zimmy's illusions, I guess inside someone's head? Don't know whose. And there's a Jack who seems normal who came from... somewhere, and then a bunch of crazy spidered up Jacks, and they're trying to capture the last normal Jack for some reason. And then when Jones has them drop the ether filled rain it does whatever calming thing it does to Zimmy and makes the illusion world vanish, along with the normal looking Jack, but one of the crazy Jacks was the real one, who is cured by Zimmy squishing the spider that was latched onto his brain somehow. That's as much as I can piece together, but any further details of what exactly was going on, or at what point Zimmy showed up and why she started thinking she was Annie, and what all the spare Jacks meant and who the normal Jack was and what they were trying to do is all pretty vague.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Warmachine posted:

So I just connected, rereading Ties, that Hyland (Jack's family name) is the dude that gets laid out by Eglamore Jimmy-Jims.

The Distant Past: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=540
The Past: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=692

:aaaaa: It's all connected man.

And his dad later described Surma to Jack as real nice.

Kids grow up.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Reread some stuff.

Katerina has a halo.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

BobTheJanitor posted:

I don't think there's a GC themed version of loss.jpg, and I feel like the world is lessened for it. Then again, maybe that horse has been beaten far beyond undeath at this point.

seravid posted:

Got your back, bro :whatup:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

She just got a gear lodged in her skull after another lab explosion. Each day, it moves an millimeter further into her brain, bringing her closer to death.

spoilers for the next chapter, sorry.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

SHISHKABOB posted:

I'm going to call jenny zemmy
That might get a little confusing.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Zemyla posted:

That might get a little confusing.

If it helps, that makes Zimmy Jimmy!

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Sort of a random question, but who is the white-haired girl who shows up in the "between chapters" bits, like where she explains swords and heart monitors and does the voice of the author--is she supposed to be somebody in particular?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Sort of a random question, but who is the white-haired girl who shows up in the "between chapters" bits, like where she explains swords and heart monitors and does the voice of the author--is she supposed to be somebody in particular?

I think she's the daughter of the Headmaster?

Also since we're kinda on the subject of the past: Whatever happened to Brinnie?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

BottledBodhisvata posted:

That's just someone Tom uses to relay some facts about the comic itself, it's not an important character in the narrative, it's Tom's way of talking to the readers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Also her name is Tea.