Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1133

Bottom left panel might have a different interpretation if this goes well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I don't see why anyone's worried, we already know Kat fancies birds :v:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Does this mean the avatar fairy is coming? I would be OK with that.

Megazver posted:

Let's take this opportunity to go back and remind ourselves of the glory that was Chibisoma.

*wipes a tear*

Never gets old.
I am sad I was not reading this thread when this happened.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Rasamune posted:

I don't remember the chapter where Kat went to space and occupied Kron
How could you forget the best Dr Disaster interlude ever?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Sudden topic change: Somebody mentioned a while back that you can find Robot's missing arm is an easter egg in one of the comics. I've looked and looked but can't find it. Help me!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

MikeJF posted:

The extra bit probably contains the processing/programming that's based on Diego's etheric robotics.
I'm mildly concerned at the way Kat was tapping Robot's brain with a screwdriver.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
He even grew a nice new goatee

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Splicer posted:

Sudden topic change: Somebody mentioned a while back that you can find Robot's missing arm is an easter egg in one of the comics. I've looked and looked but can't find it. Help me!
Found it.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Blackheart posted:

As I mentioned before when I read that chapter I immediately thought Anthony was evil and was trying to somehow drain that essence and bring Surma back. But that's silly.
He could be trying to duplicate it.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Why would Ysengrin disobey Coyote and get nothing but a single ear snapped? One-eared wolves are not exactly uncommon (they get in fights y'know), while Annie was risking her right hand.

e: As in, a wolf missing an ear is not really a big deal, so it seems like a rather light punishment.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Cat Mattress posted:

The only difference being the shower of guts that happens when Gamma makes real people explode.
Sounds like Hyland got off easy.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I think she had a perfectly normal range of human emotions, and then spent 4.54 billion years with no-one to talk to, and is now a bit nuts.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

A big flaming stink posted:

Yeah there ain't anything fake going on with Jones's emotions. Despite what she claims, I'm pretty sure perfect mimicry of emotions, down to small, personal gestures of grief, is indistinguishable from the real thing. We can leave the qualia to the p-zombies.
Indistinguishable to everyone but Jones. Jones knows she is faking it, ergo they are fake. A P-Zombie does not know they are faking it because there is no "they" to "know".

(though as before, I think she has/had emotions and is just severely psychologically damaged)

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Onean posted:

I was just reading a random couple of chapters to pass the time while waiting for a game to finish installing, and I came across something familiar. It's related to something a few chapters ago, so someone else probably already saw this and mentioned it back while it was actually relevant, but I don't remember it. So, just in case I wanted to bring it up.

Back a few chapters while Annie was unconscious and in the infirmary, Zimmy ran across this scene while digging around a bit. Waaayyy back, almost 1000 pages before that Kat showed Annie this area just after Annie's been trying to get some info out of Reynardine, after discovering that he's possessed her stuffed wolf. It's also where I think Annie had her first in-comic breakdown about Surma and tells Kat that she's got a jerk for a dad, excuses aside.

Edit: And now I'm almost sure that someone mentioned this back when it was relevant. :(

Oh well, too late now and I'm too lazy to make sure.
I just now got that scene (the Zimmy version). I feel dumb :saddowns:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
/\I can't look away/\ :stare:

Onean posted:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.
Yeah, this is what I figured. Annoyed it took me so long.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Quinton posted:

e: I'm too slow! ^^^^

I read it as him regretting attacking Antimony. Hetty clearly believes he regrets failing in the attack.
Yeah, I think it's pretty obvious it's the attempt he regrets, not the failure.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
This is my favourite page.

I've always liked boxbot :colbert:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Dienes posted:

They are red and scary?
Coyote's eyes are a pupil, surrounded by white, surrounded by a blue ring, surrounded by a red ring. Hers are a pupil, surrounded by red, surrounded by white, no blue at all.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

AE-35 Unit posted:

Layers within layers! :monocle:

quote:

Antimony compounds are prominent additives for chlorine- and bromine-containing fire retardants found in many commercial and domestic products.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

MooCowlian posted:

I'm kind of confused about how many people are saying that he's obviously on board.
It's his expression in the last panel when she talks about his lockpicks.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
To be fair, he got better at it.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

T-man posted:

Because of Hetty the entire court catches on fire. Annie, being a fire elemental, survives, but is massively traumatized. She then uses her elementalness to burn down the entire forest. It ends after Coyote defeats her, even when crippled.

The series ends.

It was all a very elaborate fire safety PSA.
He really is the king of foreshadowing :tinfoil:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

MooCowlian posted:

Maybe Hetty can transform into a person too, with a mark?
Maybe it's a standard* thing of possessed things. You can change your shape and stuff, but if you change too far you get a big old mark on you, so people can keep track of you.

*You know what I mean

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Bottom-right: Boxbot has received a gritty reboot.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Or a necklace or something you bunch of whackjobs.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Yoshi Jjang posted:

It was all a dream. :allears:
Hettie's dream. The entirety of Gunnerkrigg Court is the elaborate backstory to a fantasy she's concocted to justify her impending murder of an innocent boy.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Air is lava! posted:

This was probably one of the first twists this thread didn't anticipate.
Why did no one guess this? In hindsight it's kind of obvious.
At first I read this as "In hindsight it's kind of octopus."

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

SHISHKABOB posted:

Some day I am going to write a synopsis for each chapter detailing the major events so that I don't have to burn through hundreds of chapters looking for stuff. reread the archives five or six times while wonder why I have a bunch of empty notepad documents lying around.

is what I think you meant to say.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Cat Mattress posted:

Well that just means that beyond the door, there is an arena with more enemies.
Might be a questgiver or possibly some form of block puzzle.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Needs more tiny angry Hettie face.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Kuros posted:

Gunnerkrigg Court Thread (Hetty appreciation station)
Gunnerkrigg Court Thread (Hetty/Boxbot OTP)

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Brightman posted:

Yeah good point. She has made a lot of progress though, also the chapter could really be about anything the way this comic usually goes. Best guess is it will be some sort of social gathering event thing, maybe something official this time like a school dance, but that seems sorta ordinary...but subverting that scenario could play out amusingly well.
School dance. Renard takes Hetty.

Don't get me wrong, she's still dead. He's done the doll up like a marionette.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

QueerPope posted:

If that results in Annie trying to get Kat back as her best friend but Kat interpets it as Annie trying to get Kat as a girlfriend because of wacky misunderstandings then the fanbase will freak.
The best part of this is the first comment, hoping that there's some twist in the tale, like Kat turning into a boy.

Not that she'd turn out to be transsexual, that it'd just like, happen. Because forced magical genderbending is more palatable than lesbians.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

SHISHKABOB posted:

It's pretty clear that Annie knows exactly what's going on.
She's obviously deliberately ribbing Kat in front of Paz, but it could be she thinks she's just ribbing Kat in front of her new friend rather than ribbing her in front of her new girlfriend. It's come up before that Kat hasn't always been the most popular girl so her suddenly spending a lot of time with Paz would be noteworthy even if it was purely platonic.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

FezCactus posted:

That is an awesome avatar! I'd get it... Some day :(

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Quicksilver was the best chapter :colbert:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Machado de Assis posted:

Picking a favorite chapter is hard, but picking a least favorite is easy...Red Gets a Name. Am I the only one that finds Red's "hey look at me I'm so random and annoying" deal really tiring, really quickly?

(avatar fairy please don't hit me with a fairy avatar for this blasphemy :ohdear: )
She's not random, her personality is quite consistent.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

SHISHKABOB posted:

She's got a lovely, loud and annoying personality, which is similar to some people who are "lolsorandom".
But she's not lolsorandom in the slightest. She's extremely self absorbed and has poor impulse control but her actual actions are fully internally consistent and make perfect sense (when you have all the relevant information).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Cat Mattress posted:

Maslow pyramid
It never occurred to me to try to design alien outlooks by rearranging the Maslow pyramid. That's a pretty great idea.