Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Mr.Radar posted:

My favorite part about that study is they had to exclude one dude from their results who basically wouldn't stop pressing the button during the whole time the experiment was being performed.

button georg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Patware posted:

if it is zimmy why is she acting in a way zimmy has absolutely never ever acted before

if she's convinced kat's going to kill her why would she be anywhere near annie, who at this point she should know drat well could see her magic gas and know she's not a robot

she spent most of the first zimmyworld excursion thinking she was annie, this is nothing new

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
if this sequence is unwinding the story's greatest hits then i wonder if tony will finally get another appearance

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I hate this bald robot guy. gently caress you, bald robot guy!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

GunnerJ posted:

I'd like to see that big weird guy who showed up when they first put a robot in a flesh body, he (she? it?) was fun.

this has all the makings of your lucky day

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

\
FEED ME A STRAY CAT

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Moskau posted:

\
YOU THINK YOU HAVE WON, SPIDERMAN! BUT YOU WILL RUE THE DAY YOU CROSSED THE BROCCOLI HOMUNCULUS!

she’ll rabe anything

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
all the time spent with the new people has made me allergic to that gormless pop-eyed stare bald boy’s doing on the last panel

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
just want to say the little interpreter guy loving sucks in a positive way. he's a smug, pompous little oik who causes problems for the cast whenever he shows up and those problems are as severe as they are mundane. mr huph from the incredibles plus casper the rear end in a top hat ghost

actually where's that discworld quote

quote:

A bully, thought Susan. A very small, weak, very dull bully, who doesn’t manage any real bullying because there’s hardly anyone smaller and weaker than him, so he just makes everyone’s lives just that little bit more difficult…

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 25, 2023

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
still funny that we went through this diversion right before annie's flashback montage adventure would have taken her to the part of the story where tony showed up

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I know we’ve gotten somewhat distracted but Rey suspects it’s Zimmy less because of her appearance and more because she’s been innocuously leading the group forward this whole time

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Moskau posted:

It's all just a very convoluted way to introduce the

Dominic Deegan x Gunnerkrigg Court crossover

this does not spark joy

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the gently caress needs to happen to make this girl take something seriously

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
chatgpt-rear end dialogue

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
oh this is interesting. “zimmy” has been acting out both sides of the earlier conversation

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i will confess, i read this page when i was still mostly asleep and somehow thought black-haired girl's goofy poses were mimicking the body language of kat and annie in the last page, hinting that their inane conversation was actually zimmy having deluded herself into thinking she was both girls at once and shallowly imitating them as part of her identity crisis

my bad, she is just being zany

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Feb 6, 2024

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
just want to reiterate that we’ve gone through a magical retrospective journey of the comic’s major plot beats that slammed into a bald corpsey speed bump right before Tony would have appeared

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the justification was “I lock up when I’m with more then one person and Annie reminds me of my wife so I think she’s two people” which is absolutely cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
could be gamma, actually

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I’m intrigued but this would all be better if we didn’t lead with Mystery Girl

hoping that the deeply ominous imagery around robot will deliberately contrast kat’s golly-gee-shucks nonsense earlier

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the aimlessness is a new development. the focus on lana and loup was agonizing but at least it was a focus. ever since coyote nommed zimmy everyone's been puttering around between like four different objectives without seeming particularly bothered about any of them

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
she asked "how do you know about this". a generous reading implies that annie a) has an inkling who black-haired girl is, and b) it's not someone who should have any business knowing about the zimmyverse

i understand that everyone's generosity is just about spent though

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
feels like this is a robot at the end of his arc from a different, better iteration of the comic that didn't get tony-and-loup'd to death

for a while now it's been knocking out one plot arc after another with the zimmyverse as connective tissue, kind of like how shonen jump comics sometimes finish five or six years' worth of storylines during the final months-long big bad guy fight because the author has to literally wrap up the comic or die trying. except we also have this nonsense with the black-haired girl literally hanging around in the background too. introducing another mystery no one asked for and then repeatedly sidelining it to solve other mysteries no one was thinking of makes both sides feel inane

this might pull up a little if she factors into robot's plight in some way but right now she's just rubbernecking

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
it’s been clearer than usual lately how the excision of Tony reduced Annie to a blank-eyed witness of whatever remained of the story

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I do wonder what the original plan for him was supposed to be. he was never interesting when the comic tried to show his “good” side so I’m sure it would have been difficult to take

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

isasphere posted:

My suspicion is that maybe, just maybe, Tony really was supposed to be a Bad Dad in the beginning; but with age and changing mindsets, the author shifted from sympathizing more with Annie as a child and more with Tony as an adult, so he shifted gears and tried to make it something deep about how adults have hidden depths and don't judge the people who raised you too harshly, they tried their best within their limitations, etc.?

They are both sort of the same character in some ways, but at different life stages.

if there was a shift then it happened early. the comic wants us to start having second doubts about tony after his very first display of raving angst, and "Get Lost" (which for me was the first real sign that something was badly askew with tony's presentation and the story's direction in general) was in may 2017, two years after he appeared

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the author notes have usually been glib, I don’t think this is something to get worked up about

dialogue is extremely weak though

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I can’t remember when I’ve last seen a story so disinterested in itself

an apology blogpost/summary would be more dignified than this

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
hopefully the next page will put us out of our misery but there are very few characters we know about who'd use zimmy's real name

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Youremother posted:

Ohhhh no no no I've had enough of people questioning the behavior of characters stated to be omniscient in the KSBD thread I'm not ready for this to happen again

:sickos:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
if gamma and zeta are just exceptionally strong/unique etherics with potential use to the court then it stands to reason omega would be similar, even if everyone’s been assuming she’s some kind of supercomputer

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
top notch art on these pages

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
you don’t have to make a snide little “ohhhh wonder how this is gonna suck” every drat page. you can just not post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Joe Slowboat posted:

E: And in general the comic simply doesn’t seem to consider these things uncomfortable in the same way I would - one assumes Eglamore and Jones is meant to be deeply uncanny and uncomfortable but at this point it seems like it’s an accepted and maybe even valorized emotional status quo.

jones’s birth-to-death attachment to her charges was treated as proof of her capacity to feel compassion/“humanity” in spite of her beliefs otherwise, the off-putting implications were never really acknowledged. seems to be the same case here