Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

wdarkk posted:

Judging by this wednesday's comic, we're seeing the penultimate moments of Jeanne's life - right now I'm wondering what exactly the Elf guy will do when he sees her death.

In the chapter where Kat and Annie found out what happened, wasn't it revealed that the person she had loved died? So maybe he dies here and then something else happens. Either that or it's not her elf boyfriend coming towards her.

Nicolae Carpathia posted:

I like Boxbot, you all are going to feel super ridiculous when it turns out that Jones is actually Boxbot's alter ego.

:sotw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Dodgeball posted:

I will say that it was a pretty elaborate arrow that killed Mr. Green, when I think any arrow would have sufficed to just kill him.

Well he is an elf creature thing, maybe they did need something special.

Mr. Vile posted:

I'm pretty sure Muut was talking about Annie still being angry that none of them came for her mother.

Yeah I think you're right.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Fecha posted:

One of the things I like about QC its its story format. Obviously the story arcs are linked, but they're also pretty well-contained and separate in mood and perspective. It's a scheme where I can remember a fun plot like the camping trip and just hop back to it to go through again. So I was wondering, do people have a favorite story so far? (Here is the list.)

Off the top of my head I'd pick the medium training one. Sure it's not very action-y, but I like the interaction of the characters and the little mysteries that pop up.

I think Coyote Stories is my favorite, mainly because Coyote owns but also because of the art style when Coyote is telling a story.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Dodgeball posted:

Uh, hello?

That's only once though, and she had a good reason.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Kismet posted:

You remember that she is a professional soldier, yes?

Not to rag on anyone, but I can't help wondering whether there'd be this much debate if the character wasn't a willowy blonde woman. She's a soldier, she's been shown to have an explosive temper, and she at least appeared to attack Annie. I could be completely wrong, but on the surface - and bearing in mind how little we've actually seen of her - there is quite a bit of evidence that she has the capacity for violence.

I was talking about before she became a ghost, and that's the only time I can recall her getting violent.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Stupid Boob posted:

Yeah, according to Rey, he and Ysengrin hadn't come to the forest until after the split. Elf dude was an elf before the split. And according to Coyote, the whole give up your body thing was Ysengrin's idea.

I have no idea why Diego thinks of him as a traitor, though I'm sure we'll find out eventually.

Maybe since he chose to stay in the forest rather then the court, and Diego was jealous of him.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

ChibiSoma posted:

I still can't see it :/ I checked earlier pages but didn't see it either.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Fecha posted:

Noooo, she needs to be all up in Smitty's bizzness :(

If it's True Love bizzness will be gotten up in no matter what.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Dodgeball posted:

This brings up something. How are you guys pronouncing 'Parley' in your head? Par-lee? or Par-lay? Just asking.

The second one.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Dammit Who? posted:

The page after that has what is probably my favorite panel, where she's giving Annie/Kat the finger.

Holy poo poo I never realized that :aaa:

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Pester posted:

And Ysengrim tried something sneaky with seeds during his last visit.

I'm still curious what was up with that, I don't think it got brought up again.

Kismet posted:

Given the choice between languishing in chains with an old body and a gimped leg for god only knows how long, or leaping into the young teenage daughter of a lady he once had the hots for, he went for Annie. She wouldn't have died so long as he hung out in her body, and I doubt he was thinking that far ahead when an opportunity to escape presented itself.

Plus he didn't really know her then, so he wouldn't have had too much of a problem with that.

Lots of people see their lovers murdered before their eyes and they don't turn into spectral beings of pure hatred. Jeanne is just being overly dramatic.

Murdered by people they're close to and trust?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

wdarkk posted:

Yeah he did, they had the conversation on the rooftop before.

I meant more of a closer relationship, like they have now.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Brannock posted:

Why is she patrolling in a dress and not at least a fencer's uniform?

It's the same dress she was in when the killing of Elfdude and binding of her.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Ka0 posted:

Chapter 17 is full of ace moments:

I love the comment below the comic - 'That's... pretty weird, Parley.'

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

This page is sad.

The saddest page! :qq:

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Mike McC posted:

Not just her heart, her whole life. Straight up murder (and potentially more)!

I think wanting to take someone's heart implies you also want them to die :v:

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Fangz posted:

Boring isn't hitting the bird. Boring is missing the bird and maintaining the status quo.

I'm fairly sure ChairMaster was referencing Parley's comment when his power was first introduced.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
I love the look on Kat's face in the third panel.

As for Smitty's expression, I thought it was the surprise of being teleported suddenly.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

EoRaptor posted:

He'd only have that expression for one panel if that was the case. He has it for two panels, so it's not simple surprise.

I took those panels to be occurring within a second or so of each other

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Ka0 posted:

Maybe her bones were implanted with vibranium or a similar fantasy metal.

Jones' bones.

Jones' bones owns.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Revolver Bunker posted:

Man, in the last panel they all be silently judging.

I see a lot of potential for future use with this panel :v:

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Rei_ posted:

Let's be honest, solving the mystery of the eternally trapped woman in the river is a tad more important than a high-school crush.

That doesn't mean there isn't time for smooches!

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Phy posted:

IT IS THE NINETIES, AND THERE IS TIME FOR SMOOCHES

Is this a reference to something?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
I think it's in modern times as well.

Phy posted:

Oh hey four pages later Annie's concerned about Parley and Smitty and the crushing weight of their unrequited love, and now that they've finally figured it out she's all "BUT THE MYSTERY, GUYS"

Though to be fair she did basically just get her rear end kicked by a ghost so I can't entirely fault her priorities

Well she wanted them to admit it. Now they've admitted it so MYSTERY YOU GUYS LET'S GO SOLVE IT.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Mercury Hat posted:

Yeah it's only been maybe one year, if that. Annie transferred in partway through year 7 I think, and she's probably only halfway through year 8.

I asked Tea-san about this on Formspring and he said "Just under two years or less."

Haha that's awesome.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

fishmech posted:

Gunnerkirgg Court is a documentary and the events take place in real time.

Now I have an image of everyone in GC being in slow-motion the entire time.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Psych posted:

B-but a nickname can't be longer then the name it replaces. That defeats the whole point of nicknames Surma!

No nicknames can be longer, or even not normally names at all.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
:sbahj:

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Welp, Renard with the nuclear option. Can't see them being friends after this one.

Yeah this is going to pretty much change their relationship.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Fecha posted:

The implications of this soul-stealing being hereditary are that Mr. Carver agreed to get her pregnant anyways, and Surma went through with it... why? Was there some particular need for Annie?

Maybe she wanted to pass on her ability/soul like her mother.

Pick posted:

You know, Reynard is an absolute immature poo poo considering he's hundreds of years old. Temper, temper--you're worse than Ysengrin. Even Ysengrin showed more reserve when Annie uncovered a weak point.

That was because Coyote showed it to her just for giggles, and she didn't gloat about it to him.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Dammit Who? posted:

At this rate she's never going to get that homework done.

Nah it's cool, she's got Kat's homework to copy from :haw:

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

dumb brunette posted:

Why does this comic not update faster I don't have the strength of will to wait and read it in few-week chunks :(

I especially feel this way when there's huge plot moments like this arrrgh

Staggy posted:

The art is really shining through now; the distorted panels are used really well.
Annie is going to find someone - probably Kats mum - and tear the poo poo out of them. This will be interpreted by Kat as Annie Being A Butt, holiday trip never happens.

She would probably mention the whole 'Having me killing my mother' thing so Kat would at least be a bit understanding.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Pick posted:

Boy, way to go Renard! You just devastated an emotionally-damaged kid with a dead mom, an absent dad, and no one she feels she can fully trust! Boy, I bet you're really loving proud of yourself. Gotta be the apex of your centuries, this one.

You'd obviously be a great dad, huh?

To be fair he was provoked into it by Annie gloating over how her mother tricked him and he was stupid for falling for it.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Whitenoise Poster posted:

I think there is some subtle communication there you guys missed. They both know just how weak Ys is under that wooden body.

Man I thought it was funny in a mean kind of way but now it's sad :mad:

:smith:

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
:smug: + :3:

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Have we ever seen Coyote without his teeth showing before?

Yup.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

This page made me wonder something in a roundabout way. Eglamore said that indoors, at close range, Jones would flatten him. He uses a sword. Is it meant to be implied that he would have had a better chance with more room to move?

That's the impression I got.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Grashnak posted:

Looks like we are going to find out what the deal is with Annie and her mother. It also seems like the court is going to come off looking pretty bad to Annie, what with Jones at least apparently knowing all about it and not telling her.

To be fair they could have been waiting until she was older or something before telling her.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Thought someone might want this.

It looks a little off - here's my try at it

edit: oh hey would you look at that :v: I like Macaluso's version.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
I like the one you're thinking of Mr. Fowl but this

Kismet posted:

"Tell me which of these stories you like."

is also good.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

The 19th Person posted:

gently caress your trip that you were so excited for, Kat! I'm going Camping! :byewhore:

Yeah, she's pretty much abandoning her only friend here, which is a bit of a dick move.

To be fair that's probably not on her mind at the moment. Also Coyote didn't say she would always have to be there (although she should probably make sure that's not the case.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

FredMSloniker posted:

Plus, given that apparently everyone she knows has known this and not told her, she may well suspect Kat of being in on :tinfoil: the conspiracy :tinfoil:, even if she hasn't consciously thought of that.

(Also, why do people always hide Dark Secrets like this? They always come out, and they always do more damage that way...)

I can't see her thinking Kat would know - why would her parents tell her?

I think they were waiting until she was older to tell her. It's kind of hard to find the right moment to say "Hey by the way you're the reason your mother died and you're not quite human."