Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Wait, what if Surma's really Coyote in disguise?

edit: not all the time, just right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Given how many people were apparently hot for Surma and how much trouble it's caused, I'd be a little surprised if Annie wasn't actively discouraging all possible romantic entanglements. Also I assume she inherited her father's social skills.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I got all curious and Googled around, and Ysengrin seems to be the French interpretation of "Isengrim," who is both a character in good-ol-fashioned European fables (Usually an an opponent to Reynard the Fox) and apparently a Hobbit. Isen is some old Germanic term meaning "Iron", and it's the same root word for Isengard, so I assume they'd share pronunciations because Tolkien was a language nerd. So put me down for "Eye-sen-grin." But then again I suppose the adopted French spelling would be pronounced differently anyway. Also I don't know anything about linguistics, or pronouncing, or European fables, or wolves. Or Tolkien, for that matter.

So it's a definite maybe.

edit: I also don't know anything about posting in a timely manner.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's probably how Annie hitched a ride home.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's Mort, again. Annie is just much better at acting this time.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Moro was a giant wolf goddess. She laments the slow loss of her tribe and land to encroaching humans. She comes to terms with this by eating them. Also go watch Princess Mononoke, like right now. The dub is excellent.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Everyone is Eglamore, especially Jones.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Junker posted:

Haha I was just about to post this. It's kinda of a nice touch. The character himself is much more crass in tiny form as well. Or maybe that's just how I perceive it.

I guess that means a tiny coyote would be the crassest of them all.

I think there a line some chapters back about the mind being a 'plaything of the body'? Kat was freaking out because Reynard was sounding all mature and concerned or something.

edit: oh hey there it is. I figure stuffed animals are all secretly jerks, and Reynard is reflecting that.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
You know, I was basically expecting another anticlimactic non-answer, but drat. drat!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Maybe it's a badge? A "PS teachers this is Zimmy" button?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The only people who know are Zimmy and Gamma, I'm pretty sure.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Next page is 1500, clearly this is the end of Gunnerkrigg Court.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Acne Rain posted:

this is a perfectly fine situation, there is nothing wrong being portrayed here either literally or by metaphor

I am glad we agree.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
...Good god, I've been following this comic for over ten.years.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Look, if you're aiming for SMT robot angels, at least pick the cool one

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Smartest character in the comic.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I've had a very weird time today discovering the guy from Dimension 20 was responsible for Clevin

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Splicer posted:

Are you surprised they have the same hair colour?

I've never actually read the comic, I've only seen it referenced in various webcomic threads when everyone was originally going sour on it. Just a little surprised to recognise the author name.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's Walky?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
...who is Omega again?