Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Shocking reveal: Vegeta is actually a girl! Take THAT, boring heteronormative romance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

God drat, look at how cool that Winsbury guy is. You can't get any cooler than that. That is absolute zero cool.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

They're not interested because they already know all about it; that was Dr. Disaster's scenario last week.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If this were any other webcomic I would see this as the author writing out his lame high school revenge fantasy where he's such a cool and awesome guy and the girl wants him but he totally shoots her down, IN YOUR FACE BITCH.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Howard Beale posted:

Bud's the kind of Cool Teacher (or faculty member) who'd say "Listen, you know I wouldn't run you in for smoking up here, but the headmaster's in the building and if he catches you, you are in for a world of trouble. So you might want to consider putting those out and moving along."

But in a regional accent I won't try to attempt.

Bottom line is, Bud's all right.

So basically he's Ryan in Bad Machinery.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Action-Bastard posted:

Anybody else give them your own names as you read through it?

The fish guy is quite obviously named Desmond.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

MikeJF posted:

Aren't all satellites, in a way?

Or do you mean intelligent and from the same origins as the court robots.

Most satellites don't have moving parts, since moving parts are easy to malfunction, and how the hell are you going to fix a satellite? So they're not really robots unless you also happen to qualify your ipod as a robot for some reason.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Her hard-working dad just called, and finally, after all these years, Antimony has a chance to save her game.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dodgeball posted:

A more... elegant explanation.

I mean, she's PART fire elemental, like maybe 1/512th...

So what you're saying is she was more of an old flame.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

He sounds like John Delancie to me.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Why isn't Annie's head shaped like an American football in this flashback? My sense of continuity is ruined.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

idonotlikepeas posted:

Gunnerkrigg Court (50%, 10,917 Votes)
MS Paint Adventures/Homestuck (50%, 10,860 Votes)

If you have not voted in this horrible contest, please do so, because Tom will get $100 if GKC wins. It's not a lot, but Tom should be given as many of the dollars as possible.

But he's British! British people can't use AMERICAN dollars!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Shugojin posted:

The Avatar Fairy has struck again. :tinfoil:

The Avatar Fairy sucks at centering.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

She's just a big fan of Portlandia.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I've been noticing a lot of profile shots like that lately.

(and by a lot I mean more than zero)

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 21:21 on May 3, 2012

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Tupperwarez posted:

I guess we'll only know for sure when Jeanne emerges from Annie's scar, and then Annie bursts into flames. Kat won't be able to handle it and just floats away, noting that she is developing a fondness for corpulent women.

HOW DOES SHE KNOW???

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's a portal to the elemental Plane of Hair.

Also at first, that bit of white from the torn sleeve in the second panel looked like negative space for me, and my first instinct was that Zimmy was ripping off Annie's whole arm.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm enjoying these episodes of Zimmy McCrazypants, Paranormal Investigator

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

My first thought when I read GC for the first time and saw that first panel was "Stewie Griffin in drag."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

Well, then it's time to disguise his tongue as Annie and hope the ruse lasts, or he gets bored, whichever comes first. Weekend at Gunnerkrigg!

JONES' IDENTITY REVEALED!!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You guys know he's a trickster god right? Not a god of wrath and murder. Wednesday's comic is just going to be "hahaha, you crazy, fire girl."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Conot posted:

Trickster does not mean harmless! Loki, the trickster god of the Nordic pantheon, at various times took body parts from others in his jokes, including Odin's eye.

But this is also Gunnerkrigg Court, not Grimdark Deathmurder Comic.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nipponophile posted:

Tell that to Jeanne and her elf boyfriend.

There's a world of difference between two minor characters getting offed in a flashback and what a lot of people are predicting in this thread happening to the protagonist.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It would be funny to see Coyote try to pull a reverse Sheherezade, where he gets Annie to tell him more and more stories on the promise of divulging seeeecrets.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mediation is actually glorified doggy day-care.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's no secret that Coyote is a butthead.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

"And then, Coyote told the Fire Head Girl his terrible secret. She was amazed. What did he tell her? We will never find out."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah, seriously, this has nothing to do with Sylvester Stallone.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It sounds like what he's saying is that if Coyote didn't exist, man would have to invent him.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

I can see why the earliest chapters might put someone off, as unfortunate as it might be. The excuse that "it gets better later!" generally isn't much help either.

The most common problem I've hit when recommending it to people is "ugh, sounds like Harry Potter fanfiction" and I'm not really sure how to respond to that beyond a punch in the face.

e: I guess I could say it has robots. Does Harry Potter have robots? I don't know.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bongo Bill posted:

Interesting that she calls it a theory.

Kind of hard to take what a trickster god says at face value.

And before you say "Coyote never lies," keep in mind that "not lying" is not the same as "telling the truth".

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Annie you should probably be careful about nuzzling his earhole like that you're going to get wolf wax all over your face! Gross!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Though I walk through the shadow of the woods of Gillitie, I will fear no evil, for Coyote is my shepard. Thy laugh and thy shenanigans comfort me.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

On the down side, he eats your memories. On the up side, he makes you hella swole.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

VanSandman posted:

Wednesday page prediction:

"I like manipulating memories do you like manipulating memories"

Ysengrin beefcake swimsuit calendar, calling it now.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm going to maintain my theory that Jones is the only character who ISN'T a robot.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

MikeJF posted:

Well, we've repeatedly had Annie call her "Miss Jones" and been rebuffed with "Just Jones, please", so I guess so.

Justine (or "Just" for short) is her first name.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Laser Cow posted:

Real question, is Jones actually Welsh?

Would that explain things? I don't know much about Welshness except that Welsh Scrabble would be insane.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

WeaponBoy posted:

Tom, you would make a terrible detective.

What are you talking about? He solved the mystery of how Donny and Jimmy-Jims met. That question has been on everyone's mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Goffer posted:

Speculation: Separated at birth? (separated by death?) This has been done before, right?

http://i.imgur.com/Hffiw.png

As Coyote was made by man's imagination, so too Jones was revived by Dieago's belief when Jeanne disappeared. No, wait - Because the robots worship Jeanne, their beliefs have created Jones, which is why she is like a robot! She is the robot GOD! It all comes together!

The only similarity is that they're women with blond hair.