Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Jesus. This is all sort of old hat for Annie, but Parley just got overwhelmed. Not only overwhelmed, but overwhelmed by a love story when she herself cannot admit that she is in love. At least I don't remember her ever saying anything to Smitty. If this doesn't push her in that direction, I sure as hell don't know what would.

Hopefully Annie can push through her sadness and run interference before Jeanne does something... :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
By the way - what's the symbol on Parley's chest? It's there amidst the glow.

Her shirt had no designs on the front, so what the hell is it?

E: Here, this thing:

E: vvv Ahh, why so it is! Had to go back quite a few for that one. Well, that's one mystery solved, I guess!

ChibiSoma fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Sep 28, 2010

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
We need us a "gently caress yeah, Parley!" image. It seems appropriate.

Parley gives no fucks about no ghosts. She will straight up ninja kick a ghost to get a magical doodad back from it when she has no idea what in the flying hell is going on.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Elliot Rosewater posted:

As good as I am at reading things though, Parley will be dead on Monday while Kat and Smitty make out on the stairs.

Pff, don't be silly. Smitty isn't a bird.

bigfatspacko_uk posted:

Man this comic is loving pretty :swoon:

Yeah, Christ. I love these weird pages. Blinker stone stuff, Coyote stuff, it's all god drat gorgeous.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Broad Squad GO posted:

You know, for all this talk of "robotic corpse extraction devices" and whatnot, it did strike me that the robots may yet and up playing a role in "rescuing" Jeanne somehow. It'd be nice if they could, y'know, finally do something for her.

No. That would be bad. Bad in "Constructicons, merge for the kill!" bad.

They would come to her, and that's what she'd say. Adding "but not you, boxbot" just to make sure. You gotta make sure before you merge for the kill.

Then the resident not-really-stuffed-animal takes over the school and turns it into a giant robot to fight the ... other robots that made a giant robot.

This sounds familiar somehow. I'm not sure why.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So does Parley need Smitty to teleport at will? That what I'm seeing here?

And did they kiss in the moment they were gone? The hell's Smitty looking so gobsmacked for?

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Not a :3: large enough for today's comic.

Also, just sayin' on the Halloween pics - Ico and Yorda? Raz and Lili? Common thread here.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Jones. :3:

So apparently the teleportation is very silent! I figured the bips indicated some degree of noise.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Comic's up, gents. Looks like we're getting backstory on Surma and Renard!

Surma was a hippie, pass it on.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So it looks like Jack has some kind of crush on Annie after what happened.

Annie doesn't look like she gives two flying fucks, though. Wonder what she went to see him for. I figure it'll be at least Friday before we see where things are going...

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, that is glorious. The official forums are driving me nuts. They're all "But he didn't deserve that! :ohdear:"

He's a monster that tried to kill her and he thinks of Surma as his. He's an rear end in a top hat and seeing Annie getting genuinely pissed off and vengeful is glorious. It's good to see that, despite her odd emotional blocks in some spots, she's still normal. She got her buttons seriously pushed, and he essentially called her father a worthless dick.

Yeah, this is amazing and I hope it continues well into next week. I am not a Renard fan, so seeing him getting a gut punch like this is cool. Lovin' where this chapter is going. This is the 'Annie has flaws like normal people' chapter. She's gotta cheat on her work, and her fury button is her father.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Renard is an rear end, but that's no surprise.

Wednesday needs to be Annie grabbing him, opening a window, and field goal kicking Renard back into the forest. Or into a furnace!

So when do we then learn that it isn't so much that Annie died because of Surma, but because Surma willingly gave her life to make Annie strong? Maybe she was born weak and Surma put everything she could to help Annie keep going? She seemed pretty at-peace with herself back in the chapter where Annie helped that kid who set his house on fire, and she clearly loved Annie, so there was never resentment over her fate. She knew she was dying, helped Annie along, and probably went with no regrets.

I'm guessing the chapter will play out thusly: Renard shuts himself off, Annie's left to cry, so when Kat and maybe her mom show up to see why she's late, there's a bit of a breakdown before Annie gets told the 'proper' way things happened.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm hoping she gets her screaming at Anja done with, has her breakdown, and Anja tells it like it was. Surma totally never seemed bummed out about what was happening. The chapter should have happy end, but I also wouldn't be surprised if she did run to Coyote. Dunno how accepting of Anja's words Annie will be, after all.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Well, drat. I was hoping she's beeline for Anja. Going to Coyote seems a bit... odd. I guess she wants to get the perspective of someone outside of the Court, though.

Now she just has to get across the long, nightmare bridge and she'll be fine!

:ohdear:

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

Oh god I don't want that. :ohdear:

Dude, think about it. Ysengrin would go down, but he would take a small battalion of motherfuckers with him! :hist101:

Ysengrin vs. Eglamore. Eglamore gets the upper hand. Annie gets in the way and threatens Eggie with immolation, Ysengrin becomes a party member. Er... friend.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Poor Annie's having a really rough day. She's going to BSoD soon if people keep dropping bombs on her! :ohdear:

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Waiting for the "If Annie is a phoenix, does that mean Kat End is confirmed?" people to arrive. In the 'I don't want any child to suffer like I have' sense, I guess it'd make sense if she didn't want to have kids. It'd be like being prone to getting sick a lot or having cancer run in your family. Why would you want to pass on those genes to your kids?

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Go away, magpie! City Face is just trying to enjoy that whatever-it-is! :mad:

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Think Jones put him there for safekeeping while Annie was out of town, as it were?

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Oh no! Annie's become a hippie! The worst of fates!

Maybe it's just because of the break, but does it seem like she got taller?

E: Also gonna guess that whatever happened out there kinda took away at least a bit of her emotion-issues. The last panel almost seems like something pre-forest Annie wouldn't do. Looking very Surma-y.

ChibiSoma fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Feb 25, 2011

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I... no, Annie, don't kick presumably metal things while barefoot. That would hurt! Seems pretty unphased by it, though.

We knew it'd be next week before we see Kat, but hopefully she'll pop up on Monday instead of Wednesday. Tom could always have Annie fill Renard in on the goings-on in the forest while they wait for Kat to arrive, but it'd be better if she got there first.

Kinda think Kat might ignore her, head to her room, and slam the door, though. Then we get Annie telling Renard about her summer. Then next chapter's about making up.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Nice hair, Kat.

Your actions have consequences, Annie. Time to get one more good, hard gut punch. This either goes with Kat ignoring Annie for awhile or her breaking down and just completely laying into Annie for abandoning her out of nowhere.

Judging from the sheer force of Kat's apathy, I doubt Rey told her anything about what happened.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ChairMaster posted:

You guys, those posts about Kat being a robot when she came back weren't kidding.

...Actually, might not be too far off. Annie was messing with a control panel she had no idea about. It made a noise. Maybe she activated a Katbot, programmed to look and act just like her. But it was kind of deadpan in the delivery.

On Friday we'll have Real Kat come in from stage right, and Annie will look from RoboKat to Real Kat and be confused as hell. Kat will explain that, because she didn't go anywhere due to somebody running off without saying anything, she had enough time to build a robot clone.

:unsmith:

Oh well. I can dream. On for another week or two of awkwardness!

E: Also her shirt totally has a robot on it which is how you tell the difference.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Dah, just hug and catch up with what Annie did over the summer already!

:argh: Tension!

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Okay, I think I see where this is going. Something's in the water, it gets Kat, Annie saves her with her new super fire-lady powers, they hug, and Kat orders Annie to explain how the hell she did that.

E: Also needs a "Get away from her, you bitch!" moment when Annie bursts in for the rescue.

ChibiSoma fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Mar 11, 2011

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Boo, this isn't where I wanted this to go! It'll be Friday before anything happens, which means Cliffhanger Weekend!

Everyone around Kat is acting weird this year! Clearly it's the tan.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Annie, there is not an :ughh: emote large enough for what you are doing right now.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Reel it in, Carver, you've got too much forest in you. It has pushed out all of your common sense!

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Carver, sometimes the simplest answers are the best ones. Just go hug her and apologize for running off. :colbert: She is still your friend, you are just being amazingly dumb right now. Kat does not need dumb from you!

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Splishdemon's gonna come and get her finally! Then it's Annie to the rescue for real this time! And hopefully we'll get to see just how good a genuinely angry Antimony is in combat now.

This is a horrible place for a cliffhanger! Monday needs to hurry and get here, because this is hideous!

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
That's it. I can see the ending!

Next page, it's Annie hearing Kat screaming and running out. Friday we get an annoyingly cliffhanger-ish shot of Annie preparing to kick rear end. Next week she beats the beast soundly.

The chapter ends with the other students arriving to find a seafood feast waiting for them!

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Aha! I've got it! For real this time!

The button Annie pushed early on is what opened the moon pool's... doors or... released the kraken or... something. It has to do with the monster, in any case. And since Kat is smart and Annie just presses buttons, Kat will fix this using :science:!

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Well, Lindsey seems a pleasant enough sort!

Annie's pretty fast to about-face, too. A lot faster than Kat is, it seems.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
On Monday, all is forgiven.

Mondaaaaaay! :argh:

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
D'awww, there's the ending I was looking for. :3:

Up next: Zimmy's nightmares take over the school!

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The Kins posted:

Here's another cool thing Tom posted on Twitter, a picture of a previously unseen character.

The Molly Weasley of the Forest. :derp:

So Kat and Annie decided to scale some buildings just to talk? Guess they wanted to get away from any possible distractions. Also, I hope this isn't some awful foreshadowing.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I think I like smartass hippie Annie.

Alright, betting pool's open: What forest-y malarkey did ol' barkfox teach her?

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Boxbot, how did you even get up there?

You come down from there right now, young man. ...Robot.

Robox, stop leering at him, you're being creepy! :mad: ...Also, can't help but hear Robox's voice as Mr. Popo as played by the Team Four Star guys. I can only assume that after the final panel, Robox went "Byeeee!" and walked off.

...Man, Boxbot's lookin' pretty beat up. :(

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Kat almost looked disappointed. Probably just because she's not so great at helping people out. Probably. She kinda made the situation more awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Oh good, generic teen romance spotted. Interest shooting through the floor.

Jack is the least interesting male in anything since Sailor Moon. :v: