Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

To new readers: Enjoy a long binge on the archives, and then join the rest of us in dying for the next update! It would be nice never to have read it just so that I can read it all the first time.

Annie was on the forest side of the river the first time we saw Jeanne, and she was on the court side. Muut said that she wouldn't be able to cross, but she did somehow anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Nicolae Carpathia posted:

Robox doesn't even have arms. He can't do anything! ROBOX IS USELESS

Shut your lying mouth, mister.

So, um, does anyone know what time GC is supposed to update at? :f5:

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Would the court actually be in danger from the forest if Jeanne's ghost weren't there, though? I keeps the glass-eyed men away, and some of them are not friendly. And Ysengrim tried something sneaky with seeds during his last visit.

Edit: It seems like we're getting kind of close to the end of the school year, to me. So the torture of readers is perfectly possible.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

More to the point then whether this experience will lead to make outs, I wonder if Parley will still be interested in becoming a medium after an angry ghost tried to take her heart.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

I seem to remember reading the Girl Genius FAQ a while back, where the authors answered "Do you want to read my fanfiction?" with "We'd love to, and it's flattering, but our lawyers say that we can't for fear of accusations of stealing ideas from them. Please don't send us your fanfiction."

They probably just didn't want to read a ton of lovely fanfiction, though.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

I noticed how big her nose was in that panel- Parley must be italian.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Well, we've never seen a cell phone in GC and the internet is shiny and new. It must be the 90s.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Jones' office makes me sad.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

I can't even tell when people are kidding in this thread anymore...

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

And anyway, at least the Court isn't as bad as Hogwarts.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

If Ysengrim had one on his ear, that means he would've disobeyed Coyote at some point. Does this seem likely?

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say Jones.

Does anyone know how the least-drivelike donation drive ever is going?

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Urban Space Cowboy posted:

Well, look who showed up

(and is still utterly unflappable)

(and is still not a robot)

Looks like she got flapped pretty hard to me. :colbert:

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

And has he been going by Thomas all along?

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Dr. Disaster's holodeck malfunctioned and had to be dismantled.
Jones changed her expression.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Good Citizen posted:

I'm a little surprised how effective this strategy has been.

This is kind of the equivalent of Annie showing up outside of Kat's window with a boombox.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

It's okay, Annie. Kat's made a new friend. :3

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Just like with every new chapter, I tried to keep myself from reading until a week or two had gone by to get a whole bunch at once, and just like in every chapter I failed miserably. I'm glad this time, though. :allears:

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Jones seems far too serious to have ever been a part of Coyote, and she certainly didn't act like he had the same kind of ownership over her that Annie has over Reynardine.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Fangz posted:

I'm not really sure why Annie wants to know about the start of the Court, so much.

Wasn't that her homework from Jones?

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

But I like robots. :(

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Maybe the court expects a certain amount of precocious ragamuffin exploration? Despite being traced at the time, nobody got caught going to the roof to watch the power station experiment, or wandering into the labyrinth, or sneaking off to catch the saboteurs of the science fair.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

This chapter is called three stories, right? I like the implication that everyone else at the Court experiences as much wierdness as Annie and Kat.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

How about a reward of "four updates a week". Who wouldn't pay to see that?

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

On an overly analytical fictional character note, I wonder if this conversation is going to make Kat reconsider her dress sense?

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Little known fact- Zimmy is actually a natural blonde, but no one has ever seen it.

Edit: Oh look, there's a whole nother page of posts that I missed. Have some context.

Fecha posted:

Yet again I liked the comment below the comic best. Also, I think Annie is about to whip her hair back and forth. (That or do some fancy magic trick.)

Pester fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Sep 12, 2011

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

I like how Ysengrim looks not so much like an enforcer holding a badass pose as someone who really does not approve of such silliness.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

To make a mention of a topic back on the last page, the Maid of Llanwellyn makes pretty good background music for Janet's version of how she and Winsbury hooked up.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

It isn't very diplomatic to bring an ICBM to a swordfight, guys.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Well, that answers that question. Let's not assume the worst of the court just because the kids are all concentrating in a physics class.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

I could see her saying that, too. Kat really is the best character.

Also, this thread is giving me all kinds of warm fuzzies. If the avatar fairy comes forward, Tom should draw them a fairy avatar. :3

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

It's character development! She got pretty annoyed at Red and Blue being casually insulting when she first met them, but after spending time in the forest she knows that fairies are really just bunches of clowns, and not to take it seriously.

Oh, and thanks for the avatar, mysterious avatar fairy! It was taking me forever to pick which one I wanted on my own, and after being a forumer for, geez, four years, it was time to make a commitment.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

But Blue was previously seen to be the more level-headed and sensible of the pair. Would she really construct an elaborate series of illusions feigning some kind of danger just to make her friend like her more? That would be silly and self-indulgent.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Coyote is voiced by Keith David. :colbert:

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

I feel like Donny now. It's amazing to see how far she's come since the start of the series. It was actually painful for me to read the meltdown she had at the end of the last school year, but she's come a long way even since then. She doesn't have her mother's carefreeness or her father's emotionless facade anymore, she's just Annie. :3:

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

I don't know if the wall being almost the same color as the center of the portrait is awesome, or if you should just repaint the wall and possibly redo the color scheme of the whole room. Anything to make Coyote happy.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

I wonder if that's how they got the laser cows to agree to making a forcefield, too, since Eglamore would be trapped inside. This was before Kat's robo-cult, after all.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Wearing too much make up is an extremely normal thing for 11 to 13-year-olds to do if no one says that they will not be leaving the house like that, young lady.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

It's Groundskeeper Bob, I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

I wonder what Eglamore is about to go on about? He was the first adult character in the comic, and he left a good impression with Kat and the readers, but his relationship with Annie has always been kind of tense and strained. I don't think giving her advice she doesn't want to hear will help that any.