Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
All of the Court ambassadors are required to be on Vitor Belfort-level steroids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
wtf are you going to do, Paz

you're not about that life

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
welp it's a bottle episode

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
I'm laughing at what tremendous cartoon assholes Annie's friends have become

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Kerning Chameleon posted:

It's the most pragmatic solution: assume they're both fake, let em duke it out, then interrogate the exhausted survivor.

Or just leave them both there, permanently, and have the comic be about Paz

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

I did not anticipate the shift from urban fantasy mystery to post-apocalyptic romantic slice-of-life comedy, but I appreciate the boldness of the twist nonetheless.

"Annie and Annie died on the way back to their home planet"

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I eagerly await the tears of the people in other threads who were complaining Gunnerkrigg is bad now because the current plot is too slow.

Oh it's still bad now, it just has nothing to do with the pacing, more with the writing descending to Literal Sitcom level

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
leave a message after the *bip*

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
this is the Gunnerkrigg/Sleepless Domain crossover I wasn't expecting

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
lol gently caress you, Kat

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
"me and Lindsay went to Crab College together and also I do aluminum siding"

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Hremsfeld posted:

Annie's face in that last panel is done really well.

yeah, she got Delta Work to do her makeup

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

I mean, do you ever have a particularly positive opinion of who you were six months ago?

I mean, imagine having to literally physically put up with the person you used to be, having not learned and experienced all the things you did in that time, and thus having not learned the poo poo you had to and grow from it. Sounds pretty aggravating to me.

Forest Annie, strictly speaking, is the less mature one here, by definition.

drat, dude

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
no sorry see we meant to say "shitfaced", she's spent the last forty chapters tripping balls on achewater and this is all St. Elsewhere

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvSwpljtxlg

Paz: "It's My Kat!"

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
paz is right, actually

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
can the comic be about Idra Bradshaw from now on

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Kat's totally gonna throw Annie + her parents in a dumpster and go with the Court

It doesn't make any sense but it's absolutely happening

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Snake Maze posted:

Yeah, I assume once we get the full picture of what the shadow men are planning it’ll be less “everyone gets on a plane to Ohio” and more “the shadow men trigger third impact”.

Clearly they’re all going to the Metaverse, invented by Kat Zuckerberg

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

fucks sake that was over a decade ago

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
if we're throwing out must-reads then let's add Clown Corps and Val & Isaac to the list

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Lol Reynardine was a Boomer all along

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

GunnerJ posted:

At the end of the chapter, Annie's going to look at the viewer and say "It turns out free will is a lie, and you, yes you reading this, are just a meat machine"

I would start reading this comic again if Annie just talked to the camera every third page like the Webcomics Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
loup get ipad

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
nah, that whole storyline was a pointless waste of time

they should've stayed in the underground bunker

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
just like Charlie Brown, Loup will never get to kiss the red-haired girl

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
still waiting for Abbott & Costello to show up

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Loup is a Glen Rice Jr. that thinks he’s a Steph Curry. He will never win a championship because he Has No Bag

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
If Annie is Ben Simmons then does that make Tony Doc Rivers or Joel Embiid

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Zimmy Eat World

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Speaking of robots, I just wanted to point out that they were one of the most charming and memorable parts of this comic. Boxbot, the king that draws on his face, Diego and his dark past, etc.

And Tom went out of his way to have a major plotline that entirely replaced them with bland humans and made sure they'd never make the comic funny or charming again.

I've really lost my taste for the new people plotline. Not only did it make the comic lose the robots, but it assumes without question a weird amount of human supremacy - i.e. that being a human is the most superior, desired thing to be for all other organisms - and it relies on Kat's magical genius that lets her do anything she wants for handwaved reasons, which is another thing I'm kind of over.

I dunno. I really kind of hate that it's such a huge part of the comic. And also that it's assumed ALL robots would want to transfer, including the "dead" ones that Kat promised she'd let rest (but didn't and suffered no repercussions for violating).

If you haven’t read O Human Star you probably should (as should everyone who likes robots)