Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

MikeJF posted:

Interesting. Those were totally remote devices, and still look to be under (more literally) puppeted control; is it the ship or something else?

Also, kinda sad that the new invaders didn't get transformed the way the other bots did.

All the bots are networked to the ship, remember? The strings are simply a physical manifestation of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

M.c.P posted:

Ah, there's her wound. Meaning Zimmy can summon literal, totally real fun cities when put in enough duress! Easy free housing, sounds good to me. I'm sure the invisible hat spiders are great when you get to know them.
Now I wonder why only the boat, it's lackies, and the seraph got transformed in the event. I'm kinda holding out for the return of Kat's zimmified form.

I'm thinking this whole creator thing is going to really get to her head after this incident.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

ConfusedUs posted:

The car totally makes it. Holy poo poo.

Oh god I just noticed the clown fish.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

BobTheJanitor posted:

http://gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1049 (standard warning, GC link, beware of archive binging)

I don't know if this is intentional or a difference between the two art styles, but in the "realistic" drawing, the right side of Kat's face is clearly cracked. In the latest comic, it's clearly intact. I wonder if this will come up in the story at a later point.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

ElTipejoLoco posted:

Zimmy sees and hears things like pigeons-that-speak-and-act-out-inner-thoughts

They were real to me dammit!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I forgot that this ever existed.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Asimo posted:

The symbolism of having the image focus on a zero, both in shape and in use of empty space, is pretty drat evocative.

I saw it as a halo interestingly enough.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Arthur Crackpot posted:

So did I. And the individual strands of hair look like cracks in the halo.

I think those are actually cracks in the floor that she's laying on.

e: I'm really looking forward to the video for this chapter. I bet it was pretty hard for Tom to write/draw.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This thread sucks now.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Scaramouche posted:

Also nice touch I noticed when re-reading to make sure I didn't say anything embarrassing in this post: ever since the handover Renard has had Kat's mark on his head instead of Antimony's. I'm sure you guys noticed but I wasn't reading the thread back then. You'd think Anthony would notice that.

It's not visible when he's inactive, and Anthony is unable to force him to "wake up", therefore he hasn't seen it yet.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

maswastaken posted:

If the white lines going into Annie are supposed to be the same as the bones, that would mean Annie stressed herself out so hard she hospitalised herself.

I want to be wrong.

What white lines are you talking about?

e: Oh, I don't think those are actual, physical things. Just stylistic markings.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

wtsnaename posted:

Haven't noticed anyone point out the fact that this is not Surma, and Tony just can't make the connection that it is his daughter instead. Scar on her cheek and all.

I think the implication from this is that fire elemental souls are passed from Mother to Daughter. As in, Antimony's soul is Surma's soul, all the way back to the first of their line.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Forgall posted:

I like how Surma had so little faith in Tony she never even bothered to explain to him the very basics of her condition, while he was researching the way to save her.

I'd like to think she did, but he didn't bother to listen because he was so busy trying to figure out how to cure her with *science*

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

you were warned posted:

I laughed so hard when I saw today's page...

And this made me laugh even harder. Holy poo poo.

Yay Renard :shittydog:

Maybe we've been reading into this all wrong and Tea-san actually scrapped the entire chapter and went with this after reading the post.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Woah, if Coyote is able to screw with the comic and break the 4th wall, how do we know that anything has been reliably narrated?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

GodFish posted:

Robot will discover the true meaning of robo-flesh-arms! Touching his dear friend shadow that he loves.

But wouldn't a shadow feel cold and uncomfortable?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

EmmyOk posted:

But what even is love if we can't quantify it? This panel just looks like 2 pals hanging out to me. Very confusing stuff. Perhaps it is a metaphor for the Court? We can only wonder.

And the first place prize of the most autistic (hopefully sarcastic) post in this thread goes to...

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Plot twist: He's such a cold-blooded killer that that's actually condensation on his icy metal surface.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Roland Jones posted:

I'm betting the former, due to his being taken in by the robo-cult. Heck, he might even be doing this to take away a "distraction" from their prophet, as was speculated earlier.

If Shadow gets taken away by the Court, that will be all the motivation Robot needs to do some pretty bad things...

Imagine the experience of a cold, logical robot newly granted the ability to love without any experience in restraining emotion. Now picture the consequences of all the unbridled fury that would result from someone taking away his loved one.

There Bias Two fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jan 8, 2016

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Jackard posted:

They don't read the comic.

There's a comic?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Bilirubin posted:

Hmm, the look on Coyote's face as he says "friendship and trust" suggests he is up to something.

She's infected with an extremely virulent forest pathogen that will make everyone in the Court sprout bunny ears.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Eglamore looks like he's in the wrong comic.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Arthur Crackpot posted:

The twist is that Parley's new bod has nothing to do with training. She just buffed up for her Korra cosplay.

No, she cut and dyed her hair, obviously.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Scaramouche posted:

Parley's head on her hulk body seems weird to me for some reason, and not in a "gross, that girl has mussels!" kind of way more in a "something compositionally is going wrong here and I can't figure out what"

I think it might be her shoulder width. Even if she is very muscular, I don't think she should be quite as wide as she is.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Demiurge4 posted:

This is too graphic :(

Appropriate avatar/post combo.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah, it does seem weird that Jeanne could miss like that. It's almost like Red and Blue were really lucky for some specific reason. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Wait, where *is* lucky guy? Wasn't he part of this too?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Blackheart posted:

Haha that reminds me about how Mort is gone forever and nothing of what made him what he was remains in any form and living in his loved ones' memories doesn't count.

This running joke about a fake character is getting really boring.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Fecha posted:

But Tom, if smits dies we'll have one less angle / overused joke to bring up for every single plot development!

That didn't stop Mort.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Kat's angel form has come plunging into the puzzle box that is Arrow World after Kat tapped her device against Annie's head. It's all kinds of wtf because 1) how the hell is Annie's head a conduit for that to happen? 2) why angel form? and 3) angel form is always unsettling. Kat found the plans for the arrow and developed her glowing wand thing as a countermeasure. The fact that her angel form is making an entrance is totally unexpected.

I think this is just what Kat looks like in the ether at all times now.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Maybe these don't really mean anything and they're just pretty drawings?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tollymain posted:

what is tom trying to find :tinfoil:

Inner peace?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Potato Salad posted:

Christ this stuff is dark

Tom is kind of a sad guy, from the looks of it. I hope our appreciation of his work brings him some solace.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

It will be interesting to see if Antimony's ridiculously complex perspective on the ether saves the day for Kat at some point.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Poltergrift posted:

Just saw this on the ask blog:

Nice to have a timeframe and to know K6BD won't become an intolerable slog like some other webcomics, but sad about knowing we've only got 60-70% of the comic to go.

Wrong thread?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Arglebargle III posted:

Wha? What? Huh?

He's saying that no one discussed the aftermath of the mutiny at all. It happened and was never mentioned since.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Demiurge4 posted:

We're still awaiting Chekhov's gun, Coyote's tooth sword, I expect poo poo to get a lot worse before this chapter is done.

I suspect we're rapidly approaching the climax of the comic, which makes me both happy and sad.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Reene posted:

No blood. Two fakeouts in one chapter? Eehh.

Loving the hand though.

You do realize that someone who's been stabbed through shirts and a thick jacket is not going to immediately show blood right? It takes time to soak through.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

That hairclip better have been like a dying mother gift because she lost it ten years ago and no one even noticed when she lost it to begin with.

That or it better not matter at all and elf guy is just nice, and Kat asks Annie about it and Annie says she picked it out of the garbage at the hospital and it wasn't even important.

I think it's the same hair clip her mother wore

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Fangz posted:

This chapter is kinda garbage. Intercutting between 'oh happy reunion' and 'oh btw your friend is possibly dying' breaks both climaxes.

It's not even a happy reunion. They're both just acting out the remainder of their plan since they are ghosts, and there's no real sense of relief or joy at seeing each other again after however many years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Cavelcade posted:

I have to disagree about the conclusion being weak, I find it melancholic to think of all the years they were trapped, waiting to do this, and now they get to move on. The slaying of a terrible beast only to realise their humanity. Very Dark Souls.

I don't think they've realized anything though, they're just robotic, driven by the last emotions they felt before death.