Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Nooo why would you link this, I need my money for college-y things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I have the horrible feeling they are going to escape but parley will be horribly disfigured or something else really bad.
Wouldn't she just be disfigured in the aether? Antimony only has the cut when she's in the aether. Although I guess more extensive damage would translate over to the real.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Phy posted:

Par-lee. It's only Par-lay when she's a pirate.
I also think Par-lee.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I'll post one of my favorites too! No it isn't relevant to anything at all.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Psion posted:

Everyone should make Boxbot their windows login icon.

I did this for my work PC. It's like my own sad little joke about my job :v:
I will do this! As soon as I find myself a good picture of boxbot.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Ka0 posted:

Yeah she's touchy about her weight, try not to mention it.
Rumor has it that she's a robot! Jones is not a robot.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

DontMockMySmock posted:

"Golem" is practically the same word as "robot" anyway.
Robot would probably be court made (science), golem would probably be forest made (magic).

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Brannock posted:

I'm clearly overthinking it, but why would Parley need Smitty's assistance if she can already teleport with "unerring accuracy"?
Parley might have just known that Jones was at her desk, or maybe just in her office. She teleported the party hat to Jones, and Smitty made sure that she got lucky and actually hit Jones. She can teleport perfectly, but she needs to know where to, and Smitty's luck-manipulation helped her out. That's how I interpreted it, at least.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Phy posted:

He's a dick AND an rear end in a top hat?
He's a special kind of Ouroboros.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

FredT.E.C. posted:

I doubt their long term relationship would be all that damaged. Reynardine still loved Surma regardless of whether or not she felt the same. He is emotionally attached to Annie because of that love, and would be more than likely to be willing to forgive Annie's outburst. Annie will be able to forgive Reynardine because it's impossible to stay mad at an adorable stuffed animal.
I don't know; Surma was definitely encouraging Reynardine's love. Finding out love is one sided is one thing, finding out that the entire relationship was a forced facade with malevolent intentions is another. I doubt that it'll cause a permanent rift, but it's going to cause temporary hard feelings at the very least. Unless he just refuses to believe it, which is what seems to be happening to begin with.

vv: General consensus is Annie's being a bluh bluh huge bitch, only real debates are whether it's justified and what the outcome will be

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Nov 25, 2010

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Revolver Bunker posted:

I get the feeling we might be seeing Jeanne again. Only this time Annie will also be at the same level of suffering as Jeanne. Betrayal by the court and all.
I hadn't considered this, but now I hope it happens. I want to learn more about Jeanne. She died, and we did nothing.

I also want to see her try out the Coyote-tooth sword.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Dodgeball posted:

Interesting "How do you guys pronounce Jeanne?" follow up question:
How are you guys pronouncing Ysengrin?

In my head, I pronounce it Yes-en-grin.

Not saying anyone is wrong or right, I just want to know if I'm in the majority.
I pronounce it "jean," as in the denim pants. Although like half the time I pronounce "jee-anne."

"yih-sen-grin." The yih and sen are run together quickly, with emphasis on "sen." Like if it were written Y'sengrin, because it seems like there ought to be a vowel there.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

DontMockMySmock posted:

It's either EE-sen-grin or IH-sen-grin. Not really sure which. It certainly isn't a consonant y like you and Elysiume seem to think!
I will defend my pronunciation to the death :argh:

IH-sen-grin seems plausible, but EE-sen-grin seems kind of odd.

vv: I know, but I see EE and think like "I am being murdered, EEEEEEE" over "hola y buenas dias"

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Dec 16, 2010

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Nicolae Carpathia posted:

Behold, I come from the east, bearing gifts and correct answers: http://www.formspring.me/gunnerkrigg/q/434629398
So it's "Iss-en-grin. "Looks like DontMockMySmock's "IH-sen-grin" was the closest! To the victor go all of the spoils.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Sneaksie Taffer posted:

Coyote literally has his eye on Antimony. Is this arc going to be what the ferility doll refers to?
If you're saying what I think you're saying then you should probably stop doing that.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Squeegy posted:

Annie seems a lot more expressive back then. More Surma-like. I wonder why she stopped?
I'd think her mother dying and her father abandoning her would make her a bit introverted.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I don't read your formspring, but I like the little tidbits that get posted in here. The comic stands on its own, and if the formspring is a nuisance, just drop it.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Snicket posted:

Coyote stopped smiling. That can't be good.
This page raised some serious questions and I can see this getting really interesting, really quickly.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Rei_ posted:

Jones and Antimony have just potentially angered a GOD.

:ohdear:
Jones doesn't seem afraid. I know that her emotions are really more like on emotion, and it's boredom, but she's just like, whatever. We didn't get to see her reaction shot to Antimony breaking the news, but she seemed certain she could take Annie.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Ka0 posted:

I'm dying to know how Annie is going to explain everything.

"so Kat, I was getting your books from your backpack, listen, you'll never guess what happened..."
Yeah...it all really escalated out of control. Almost killed a teacher by mistake, spending the summer with god. See you next year!

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Poor Renard. He was the only one who knows anything who was actually honest with her, and now he's probably stuck as a doll for the summer. The saddest doll.
I wish someone would get him. I think he'd enjoy being able to wander around a little bit.

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

Coyote also taught her to manipulate physical things while using the blinker stone, so she could actually write something down on paper as well.
Could she give Reynardine permission to come to the forest like that?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Calaveron posted:

Personally, I'm hoping for Red's family.
Who's Red?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Elftor posted:

Thew fairy who became a human and wanted her hair to stick up again.

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=315
I thought it was her but the link off the castlist didn't have her name :argh:

Also, wow, Coyote is...pretty draconian about certain matters. I wonder what makes it so significant?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Fecha posted:

Maybe the trick is that no harm will come to her in the forest while she's visiting Coyote...
No harm will come to her, but what if she comes to harm? Semantics, but that's something Coyote thrives on. The hand-removing bracelet, for instance, will only cause harm if she activates it.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Revolver Bunker posted:

Darn, I missed the new page. Guess I'll have to wait till Wednesday. Given Annie's time in the forest I wonder how that will effect her interactions with people of the court or maybe shed some light on the mysteries.
Like what people have said, I feel like it might strain her relationship with Kat. Not just because of the forest/court thing, but because she vanished for an entire summer. I went back to look at the treatise; I'd forgotten how beautiful it was. I wonder if Jeanne is going to become more relevant. Maybe Annie got the forest's side of the story? I wonder if the "she" in "From the Forest She Came" is Annie or a new character. Or Jeanne.

Also I read City Face again. What a great interlude.

STOP IT
STOP ALL THIS NONSENSE

end

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
No matter how many fakes you put up, the true chapter cover will reign supreme.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Saoshyant posted:

That is such a simple question, but with no simple answer. I really adore those characters and can't pick one apart. Parley, I guess.

No, you are terrible.
No, sir, I didn't like it.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I'm rereading GC and I want to link the pages that I really like, but there's just so many of them. I'd end up linking half the archives.

edit: all of the ones where Kat and Annie are being good friends just make the current comics sadder :(

TheHeadSage, that's a great avatar! I'm glad someone picked that up.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
On an unrelated note, I spent a while editing (and I mean a while, MSPaint is not the ideal editing program) a page to try to make an avatar. Is this text even readable? A bigger version is here.

I'll have to put my head in there to see past your ultra fine and also triple sharp teeth!

I considered trying to get the next page in, but I didn't on account of it's difficult, that page has a ton of text, and I have an exam in thirty minutes.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Wow, that made me wince. I'm still grimacing.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Ha ha, I love the facial expressions.

Hey, but at least they are friends again.
Haha, wow, this page is amazing.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

DarklyDreaming posted:

Back onto the subject of the comic, Annie's new hairstyle, thoughts?
I'm curious as to what'll happen when she leaves her body. Usually her hair starts grappling things, but now it's a braid! Maybe it'll revert back to unrestrained.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Detetsu posted:

Also, Kat has personally met - and is on a first name basis with - a minotaur. You'd think at some point she'd go 'Hunh, another creature of legend is actually real. Go figure.' or to subvert that and have her go "Oh, well, what about Unicorns?" and everybody laughs and says there's no such thing as unicorns, get serious.
She's also met a death god who can make himself invisible and somehow visits insect deaths worldwide (also the bird one).

edit: Although in retrospect I guess this could be considered religion and therefore out of the reach of humans?

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 09:50 on May 26, 2011

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Fuego Fish posted:

God damnit, Robot, what the gently caress are you doin' now <:mad:>
This is getting kind of weird. He's cultivating a, well, a cult.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
If you're not following him on twitter:

Also,

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Dodgeball posted:

Isn't she half-Indian? Isn't India part of Asia? Does any of this matter? :psyduck:
Indians usually aren't referred to as Asian, so it's kind of a moot point.

v: Well I guess that would be more relevant to Tom, huh. I've never heard it in the US, my mistake.

edit: Haha

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jul 8, 2011

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Tardstar posted:

When someone in the UK says "asian" they mean Pakistani or Indian. When talking about Chinese or Japanese in the UK there is two options 1) be horribly racist. 2) say Chinese or Japanese.
That sounds confusing :saddowns:

edit: On further thought, I don't really clump India in with anything.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jul 10, 2011

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Gunnerkrigg Court is the only webcomic I check at work. The url is easy enough for me to remember and it helps brighten my mornings. I wish I got up early enough to check them all before work, but...that's not happening. And checking every webcomic would look suspicious as I tromp through like five dozen tabs.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Kismet posted:

Requisite link to improve hours of your time.

To translate:
"What lovely eyes you have, Paz. Give them to me?"

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
There's also the fact that the drawing style for him changed a bit. His nose is now a full nose rather than a little u nose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Milli posted:

Oh Paz, you really are hopeless when it comes to romance and picking up on signals (even if there aren't any)
Sees what isn't, doesn't see what is.