Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leviabeetus
Feb 14, 2010
Yeah, according to Rey, he and Ysengrin hadn't come to the forest until after the split. Elf dude was an elf before the split. And according to Coyote, the whole give up your body thing was Ysengrin's idea.

I have no idea why Diego thinks of him as a traitor, though I'm sure we'll find out eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leviabeetus
Feb 14, 2010
I dunno, maybe she is a reincarnation/pheonix rebirth deal going on or what have you, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Didn't Surma pass away when Anny was 11 or 12 or something? Like right before she came Gunnerkrigg.

So my theory after reading the last strip, is that it was Antimony that was dying, and not her mother. Her mom was gradually growing weaker and weaker because she was transfering her own life to Anny to keep her going/cure her. Meanwhile, Anthony is working his rear end off to save Antimony. They told her Surma was dying and Anthony was trying to find the cure that would save her life so she wouldn't feel needlessly guilty, or worry for her life (and it would be true in a way.)

If any of that's true it could also explain where Anny's dad has been. He never really had much faith in that etheric stuff, so he's continuing to find a cure for the mystery illness just in case. Or, worst case scenario, Surma gave her life as a stalling tactic to give Anthony more time to find the cure, cause she's still suffering from whatever.

All of that is based on what little we know and is therefore all wrong.