Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Watch guys. It's going to be Paz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Yeah, it's a bit slow reading it update by update. But the pages look amazing.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

sniper4625 posted:

Worst comes to worst, Shadow just has to make a getaway with Robot's CPU - Kat can build him an even better body!

And it takes three days for the new body to be made and all the other robots thought they managed to kill him so when he comes back Robot's metamorphosis into Literally Robot Jesus will be complete amen.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

It's a universal constant that robots just can't stop themselves from saying their secret plans out loud whenever possible.

Exhibit B: TF2 comics.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Annie's getting expelled oh no.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

It was some pretty bitchin' off-the-cuff slight of hand, you have to admit.

I didn't even notice she did that till I looked again.

Coyote's rubbing off on her. She's getting a taste for showmanship.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I think Reynardine's behavior when we first met him can be easily explained by the fact that he spent years in some pretty brutal imprisonment.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

So it's either Paz, her robot assistant, or one of the birds who Paz can talk too and probably teach to type on an old computer.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Forgall posted:

This is some sort of fakeout, and you know it.

Going with my bird theory because thinking about a small robin or something hopping on and pecking at keys to write a love letter to a human girl is really funny.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

There's so many twist to where this can go, but the REAL twist is gona be when Kat and Paz start smooching within the next three pages.

"Wow," says everyone "that was like the one thing I didn't guess."

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Ya know, this is the perfect time to have the friday update switch over to Annie for a while.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Serially reading a webcomic is suffering of the highest order.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Relax guys if it turns out Kat isn't gay she can always just build a robot clone of herself to love Paz.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

That end of chapter was completely and unambiguously sweet and heart warming.

Yall know that means to balance it out the next chapter is the one where one of either Smitty or Parley gets killed by the ghost lady.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

dyzzy posted:

Was Gamma being literal in this page? I wonder how much Paz confides in the animals she works with...

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1032

Welp, reread the chapter. I've forgotten how much I loved this one. Zimmy and Gamma need to show up more often to hang with Annie and Kat.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Zyla posted:

If Zimmy can read a person's mind, it seems like it would be trivial to read a rat's mind.

Yeah but it's sort of A Thing that there are No Rats in Gunnerkrigg Court. It's pointed out once by Gamma after the happy rain chapter and Tom mentioned it once outside the comic.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

Well, Renard is the central character of a series of European folk tales (Popular enough to the point where "renard" has become the french word for fox) in which he serves a similar role to Coyote, that of a trickster. The main target of his pranks being Ysengrin. One tale was him tricking Ysengrin to fish with his tail in the middle of winter, leading it to end up frozen in ice. When Renard tells Ysengrin to get up, he replies with "You don't know what you're saying, deceiver. I have all of Scotland hanging from my buttocks."

In other words we need more of Renard being a hilarious dick. :v:

I wonder how much Renard from the folk tales exists in the comics version of him.

Maybe after Tom finishes with the Annie in the Forest comics he'll make one about Rey and Ys before Coyote showed up.

Also he should do a Zimmy and Gamma comic.

And a Jones comic.

Look just make comics for every single characters I need more of everything and everyone in Gunnerkrigg.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

I know a windup cymbals playing monkey would be cliche but I really want to see a one this chapter.

Oh my god Rey hanging with a whole little society of living and possessed toys would be amazing.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

She is way more evil then any of you could ever have predicted. That fiend!

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Lock Knight posted:

Sounds like the earlier guess about a community of possessed/animate/etc. toys at the court was spot on.

It's just like my favorite anime, Toy Story.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

neogeo0823 posted:

but I don't think she's going to outright try to murder Adam.

Arsenic is pretty killy.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Good dog. :3:

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Twist, that whole speech was just trying to hide the fact that he was really craving some shrimp.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Man talking to Ysengrin is gonna be awkward and probably end poorly.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I really like how direct this is. I thought there would be more beating around the bush and misunderstandings then this before Annie finds out the memory loss thing.

Also everything about Ys is ten times sadder because really when I look at his face I just see a big fluffy sad dog. :smith:

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I love all these new monstrous designs every single one these pages are all amazing. Besides the giant bugs and snakes are any of them directly taken from any sort of mythology or are these all straight from Tom's head?

For real this is my favorite chapter just LOOK at everyone.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

drat those first two panels are good. Especially panel two. Annie looks so cool.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Man even out of his tree suit Ysengrin is a really big doggy.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I saw a bunch of people make his joke/predict this joke happening yet that doesn't take away in the slightest from actually seeing it happen. It's wonderful.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

All this stalling is just to make it more plausible that Annie had time to edit all the "congrats on the boyfriend!" decorations and cake to "girlfriend".

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Cool thing. Apparently someone talked to Tom while buying the books, and when Annie in the Forest is done, the next Outside the Walls story is going to be about Paz in Spain.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Kikas posted:

"Do you think I'm wierd?" she asks the animated wolf plushie posessed by a misguided wolf demigod.

Your mistaken. Rey is a FOX.

Very important difference.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Darth Windu posted:

She loves Kat you morons

I was just about to point out the fact that this thread seems to be the only place on the internet that didn't immediately and universally jump to the idea that Annie realized she is in love with Kat. And then you came along.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I'm pretty sure Tom once said both Queslett and Thornhill are a mix of normal students and ones with neat powers, with Queslett tending towards more neat powers and Thornhill tending towards more boring normal kids. But it's the other two houses that really have a specific theme (Forests Creatures and Real Weird poo poo as far as I remember.)

Also I think Jack was just a low level compared to Kat Good At Science guy before the whole magic spider in his brain thing.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

So who gets killed by the ghost when this all goes wrong, Smitty or Parley.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I think it's more likely the little robot just recorded everything on it's own, probably unnoticed by everyone and unknown to Diego and the robots edited out the unimportant time spans, assuming it even needed any editing. And the giant evil robot was unambiguously Sir Young.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Cat Mattress posted:

On the plus side, if what Annie and Mort see is super-ultra scary, just think about how badass Kat must be appearing to them. Ah, if only Robot was around to witness Kat's superiority over the agents of ROTD...

I just realized how prototypically mythical her going into the land of the dead and returning with lost secrets is.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Clearly this is the chapter in which Annie goes goth, Kat gets goth because her best friend is doing it and Paz starts dressing all gothy because her girlfriend is doing it. Tom announces his comic is now being sold in Hot Topic. Sales triple.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Man poor Gamma looks pretty bad. Long term Zimmy exposure can't be good for your health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

It's ok Annie, just punch really hard to learn airbending.