Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moskau
Feb 17, 2011

HEY GUYS DON'T YOU LOVE ANIME?! I LOVE ANIME SO MUCH ESPECIALLY ALL THE PANTY SHOTS AND FAN SERVICE AND MOE MOE MOE! I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH!
Wow, this is finally going somewhere. Been reading since the beginning and lately it has just felt like a mess of uninteresting subplots, save for Jeanne, but now things are moving again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moskau
Feb 17, 2011

HEY GUYS DON'T YOU LOVE ANIME?! I LOVE ANIME SO MUCH ESPECIALLY ALL THE PANTY SHOTS AND FAN SERVICE AND MOE MOE MOE! I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH!
I caught up with this after a long break and wow, it's pretty bad. Even this Kat business is just delivered and framed really bad and I feel like reading more is just going to make me dumber, if such a thing is possible. Nothing makes sense, nothing matters, and everything is stupid, mlmp. The author clearly doesn't give a poo poo anymore.

Moskau fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Feb 15, 2023

Moskau
Feb 17, 2011

coolusername posted:

But this is generic manga style. Both of them with the sharp pointy noses. The exagerrated mouth yelling side profile. Everything's a front-on shoulder up close up or facial closeup except the final beat.

That, or...

Moskau
Feb 17, 2011

christmas boots posted:

Do they look "different" as in "different than they did before" or as in "people normally look <x> but they look <y>"?

Looking at it Annie says they look different now which would strongly suggest the former interpretation. Huh.

I don't see how you could possibly read the latter into it at all.

Moskau
Feb 17, 2011

CodfishCartographer posted:

I like the sunset shifting to night as it zooms in on the robot people, that's a nest visual.

I prefer to think that everyone just talks soooo slooooowly that it took a full day to have the conversation in those five panels.

Moskau
Feb 17, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

\
FEED ME A STRAY CAT

\
YOU THINK YOU HAVE WON, SPIDERMAN! BUT YOU WILL RUE THE DAY YOU CROSSED THE BROCCOLI HOMUNCULUS!

Moskau
Feb 17, 2011

It's all just a very convoluted way to introduce the

Dominic Deegan x Gunnerkrigg Court crossover

Moskau
Feb 17, 2011

9. One of the fairies

Moskau
Feb 17, 2011

If this keeps up, they might even bwip into a good comic! :v:

Moskau
Feb 17, 2011

Zoya posted:

Gunnerkrigg Court: would you still "oh, robot" me if i was a worm

mods pls pls

:mods:

Moskau
Feb 17, 2011

Cavelcade posted:

It's just, the comic really did used to be this good, and today's strip is one of the worst webcomics I've ever seen. I'm baffled by it. I really do think Mind Cage and Covid broke Tom...but maybe I just have to believe that? I dunno. I think the Jeanne resolution is the most satisfying one in the comic, I really did enjoy that while reading and it felt like a natural way to use things like "Kat sees the ether differently to others" and "Annie is pretty clever about dealing with strange situations".

Who are these people?

I watched some of the new stream Tom put up on Twitch and he mentioned that he has a very vague outline of what should needs to happen in the whole story, but that events are only fleshed out one chapter at a time as he gets to them, which probably explains some of the wildly variable quality chapter to chapter.

But still it doesn't explain everything, and it doesn't feel like he's bored or tired as such, considering he was looking out for a new publisher, created a stream, etc.

I'm thinking maybe he just lost an editor or someone to bounce ideas off of, and now he's prequel trilogy George Lucas with no one around to tell him his ideas are dumb. He did at least use to have an editor, but I don't know if he does now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moskau
Feb 17, 2011

Everything else aside, these last few pages have been really pretty. Tom can still draw a really cool page when he puts his best foot forward.