Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Given the context, I think this is a lot more likely than anything else that could have happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
im voting for parley for mayor of metro city

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
who do you suppose filled the winsbury/janet slots in the last generation of students

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
it looks like there are buttons on her jacket, so going off of what i'm getting from wikipedia here that puts our time period at least past BCE 2800

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i think it's pretty clear that she's waiting for her cutie boyfriend

as far as what she's protecting the court from, i'm sure coyote will be happy to explain the moment she's out of the way

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Parley never had the ability to teleport. she could only go back in time and then run to the new location so that it was like she was there all along. this is just an extreme extension of that power

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Ditocoaf posted:

Ah, so Red's role in this whole scheme is to be the person who fucks everything up.

there's one in every heist team, i dont see the problem.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Ditocoaf posted:

How is there not some sort of serious rule against naming ex-fairies? Since it's such a huge deal but such a trivially easy thing to do, you'd think by now all the fairy kids would have gotten a name by now from other students in exchange for some minor task or another.

one issue is that the official court line is that magic isn't real and everything can be explained by science, which the fairy naming ritual doesn't really gel with. so rather than admit the lie, they keep the fairies separated so they can keep making dubiously ethical use of their work ethic

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
and the symbol on the left is the sky sign used to schedule a meeting between the court and the forest, so that's the gillitie medium bit.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Podima posted:

That 3rd panel needs to be an avatar with some blingee sparkles added.

the third panel needs some studly hair and to be the cover page of a saucy court romance novel

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
jesus jeanne, i know you're like a million years old or whatever but you don't refer to them as "fae" anymore, you just dont

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
if elfboy can get himself a new body in like ten seconds fixing up smitty's torso knife repository problem should be a snap

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Tenebrais posted:

He's held on to that thing for three years. I wonder why it specifically. Surely other stuff must wash into the river from time to time.

annie was in the ether for at least part of her stay down at the banks, when she got the cut on her cheek. it may be that the band fell down to him in the ether, somehow, which is how he ended up holding it even in his ether prison earlier this chapter

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
antimony's dad is a surgeon. the gang can't risk submitting smitty to the court hospitals after an extremely illegal mission like this, so they're going to get mr. carver's help on the down low

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Paramemetic posted:

Except Stone that chapter was just terrible

i bet you disliked See Ya! too

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
kat is going to take the ether arrow out of its containment device and start pointing it threateningly at psychopomps that don't do exactly what she wants them to do

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
this sequence is confusing to me because it doesn't match up with who was involved at all. red and ayilu have a right to be pissed off if annie really didn't communicate the danger of the mission to them ahead of time, but red's also trying to speak on behalf of people who were involved almost from the very beginning, and knew exactly what they were getting into. it's weird that annie is being treated as the leader of the mission when she didn't actually have a way to stop parley from bipping her hubby to a doctor immediately if she had actually wanted to do that.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

Yes you just outlined what is happening here, what's confusing about that

annie knows all this but isn't saying so to red.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
it's a shame that annie and red both veered into totally contradictory poo poo (about the other supporting characters), because if they had just stuck to red and ayilu this chapter would have been like, supremely ironic and tragic and effective all at once

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Aww, I love Red and Ayilu. They're fun. I hope they haven't been written out of the comic!

it's exceedingly unlikely that this is the last we'll ever seen of them, given that the faerie's role in the court's operations still hasn't been explained. friendship is definitely over with annie, though

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Hremsfeld posted:

It was actually a dagger, not a sword :goonsay:

it's pretty gauche of you to be a pedant about that

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the cobbles at the edge of the bridge are overgrown with grass! coyote's already taking over!! :supaburn:

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
it's coyotes all the way down tbh

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
haha, kat's totally being played

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

There Bias Two posted:

Do darker skinned people ever blush that much? It looks more like she has a horrible skin disease.

:milk:

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Drunk Theory posted:

You know, the Court probably should have quashed the whole "robots gives love notes" to students if they didn't want this sort of thing to happen. The "don't date robots" PSA is such a poor response at that point.

it's been clear ever since like chapter 12 that the court has no control over how the robots conduct their business. it's explained later that diego infused his creations with his warped sense of romanticism, but it makes sense that they would be kept around anyway, since they're pretty darned useful, those robots

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
anthony is a god drat master of standing in the exact center of a room with his arms at his side

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

witchcore ricepunk posted:

yep, my horoscope-addled brain immediately wondered if this was the court playing astrological matchmaker

they maneuvered surma into going on the trip with anthony by brutally murdering anja's mother

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
there won't be a better opportunity to "accidentally" set tony's hair on fire for a while

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Rand Brittain posted:

Honestly, the really sad thing is that this makes it clear that Tony does actually understand how social interaction is supposed to work, which makes his behavior in the modern day even more reprehensible.

tony's deal is anxiety, not cluelessness. thats why he was digging into his hands when that one cool witch asked him out. he knew what the right response was, he just couldn't say it

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Glagha posted:

Edit: Also I think the reason he's so comfortable around Surma is because he's in his element.

tony is never more personable than when he's watching the bark peel off a tree

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
ripping tony's shirt is just showing off his hot bod and now donald and anja are just nodding and thinking "well yeah actually that makes sense then"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Dienes posted:

So exactly like the Jones chapter.

i think the horror of the jones chapter peaked early with the revelation that eglamore is dating his nanny