Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

YF-23 posted:

Coming back to this

In that very picture you can see that Jeanne has green eyes and Jones has black ones. :v:

Obviously, she wears colored contacts, and she acts emotionless so that she doesn't accidentally open her eyes too wide and they fall out.:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

This page is amazing, as the whole chapter has been, but I have to nitpick a bit here. What's with the line around Annie's neck? Does her necklace loop twice?

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

But, if Jones doesn't know what she is, then how does she know she's not a robot?

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

Cthulhuchan posted:

Oh, to never have 'burged! Truly, 'tis a cursed existence.

Things Jones is not:
-A robot
-Alive
-Dracula

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

Edit: nvm, am stupid

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

AE-35 Unit posted:

I guess "saw" could be a technicality, though I highly doubt that comic meant anything other than "and Alistair's story is done".

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=292

I wouldn't put it past Tea-san to do this twice.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

In regards to plot being in the room, isn't that where they planted Robot's arm, way back when?

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

Where'd Destiny's book go?

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

BobTheJanitor posted:

Tom, Tom, we just found your next patreon stretch goal!

Before or after he eats the comic? (remember to donate and help make Tom eat the comic)

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I'm getting a real Team Rocket vibe, not sure why.

Clearly this is it. The ship is the SS Anne, and the chapter will end in a Pokemon battle. It will then be revealed that Tom is a Pokemaniac, and Gunnerkrigg Court was a Pokemon fancomic all along.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

Aquaman should just be a really strong guy who fights giant seamonsters for fun. Maybe give him some magic weapons he got from an awesome adventure or something. The kind of guy who sees Space Godzilla attacking the Earth and goes: "I'm punching it in the face." See, powers sin,t really what makes a character interesting or not. Giving him more powers won't make people like him more. Just write cool stories.

So, make Brave and the Bold Aquaman the official canon? I'm down.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

Legacyspy posted:

Annie! Run away, that's a human transmutation circle! They're up to no good.

First Pokemon, now Fullmetal Alchemist? Is Gunnerkrigg Court just some kinda anime comic?! <:mad:>

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

Parts Kit posted:

Or maybe she's American and she's all 'woah it's so loving British!'

Or maybe she's just goth like that.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

Jack's looking pretty tired. He's definitely relapsing.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

thespaceinvader posted:

Webs, dude.

Webs.

I'm pretty sure there's more to Fun City than headspiders, man. Give Tom a little more credit than that.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

Pardot posted:

I was going through the commentary videos, and in the video for chapter 13 he points out that something is written on the desk but I can't make it out. Does anyone know what it says?

The first word looks kinda like 'spinach'

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

I'm starting to suspect Tom dressed Jack like a douche specifically so we would all instinctively think the worst of him, only to be surprised by how mature and adult he's been.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

JT Jag posted:

Coyote is Mark Hammil's Joker with the slightest tinge of a British accent

So, Mark Hammil's Joker, then.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

Coin avatars!

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

MikeJF posted:

some Girl Genius readers are gonna start reading Gunnerkrigg

MikeJF posted:

it's a win

:raise:

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

RabidWeasel posted:

dragon_pamcake posted:

EDIT: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1500

Holy poo poo. She never said what specifically her dad 'didn't' do. She could have been saying, "Kat, he didn't do it to humiliate me."
This was my interpretation in the first place, I was surprised that anyone read it as "he didn't cut my hair". Annie is in overly literal mode so she seems more likely to be answering the question exactly as asked.

Parley: He made you cut your hair?!
Annie: No! He didn't!

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

Yes, but it does mean Coyote's Tooth probably wasn't involved.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

Don't forget his ultimate goal is to grow a clone of Annie so that he can resurrect Surma. I know it's going to happen because it's the plot of Neon Genesis Evangelion. I'm confident that the "Annie becomes a mecha pilot" arc will start soon.

Get in the Boxbot Annie.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

Itzena posted:

Also Jones as Ritsuko :v:

Wouldn't that make Eggers Gendo?

...Which does fit, at least a little.

e: Actually, there's a lot of tiny parallels, but I'm not :spergin: enough to list them.

PubicMice fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jul 18, 2015

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

Podima posted:

This needs more attention, wow wow wow.

I could it give it more attention if I got it, but I don't.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

next page: “when i saw Antimony in class i realized with the help of my Super Vision that her eye makeup contained traces of arsenic , most likely planted by the Court, and was able to convince her to wash her face before the poison’s effects could take place”

(from tumblr)

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

no see tony is the best dad because

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

ElMaligno posted:

This is what I pretty much think, hopefully Dolan and Renard will speak to him and let him know that it’s not to late to be a good father to Annie. This will result in Tony doing the fatherly British thing and awkwardly apologize to Anne and give back Renard to her. Annie will do the girl thing, hug her dad and cry about it for a bit. Her dad will look extremely awkward at first, reciprocate the hug, smile a bit and cry a little. End chapter.

But that’s not going to happen.

You see Tony is actually a beligirent drunk, he will take the scotch bottle in his hand.

“ITS ALL THIS FACKING oval office PLUSH WOLF FAULT MATE” he will scream to Dolan as he tries to smash Renard with the bottle. Kat killphrase becomes active and Renard mauls the gently caress out of Tony.

“Nice” Says Dolan now covered in his own BFF blood

“Nice” Says Annie and her firespirit now that they are free from the one-handed bandit

“Nice” Says Kat who watched everything on a hidden camera

“Nice” Says Jimmy Jims, who just barged into the apartment and his truck is parked outside

“Nice” Says Coyote who is always more than willing to help dispose of the evidence

“Nice” Says the Court, because honestly Tony was kinda a dick anyways.

*~*HAPPY END!!!*~*

Donlan. Donlan. Not Dolan.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I never claimed that except facetiously. Somebody else speculated that Anthony might have known about something similar, and I then facetiously suggested that he would know because he's an antagonist. I can hardly be blamed for the illiteracy of others. I misread my own old post, ironically enough. I was claiming that he was the antagonist because didn't how to transfer souls and would try it anyway.

Actually, I am simply reading the text. I read the fantastic elements as always being metaphorical or symbolic to a degree. Thus Annie separating herself into two expresses her inability to reconcile her love ("understanding") for her father with her suppressed anger (towards her father, herself, and presumably the Court). Which is the text of the work.

This is not a "cliche," it is simply a narrative element.

This is a fantasy comic, those fantasy things are actually happening in the fantasy world.

This is a metaphor, Annie is not literally falling into space.

This is not a metaphor, they are actually travelling to the Realm of the Dead, a real place in the comic's world.

I hope this helps.

PubicMice fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 2, 2015

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

Do you think Coyote wasn't expecting that reaction from that guy (whoever he is)? The thing is, Coyote has yet to put Annie in a situation where she's actually been harmed, much less done harm to her himself. She's always had some kind of out, with Eglamore here, the magic stick with Ysengrin, and Coyote himself coming to her rescue in Fun City (which I really doubt was a coincidence, or at least a total one).

The obvious counterpoint is the amputation bracelet, but in a roundabout way that actually supports this, with Annie's 'out' being simply not mentioning the tooth. Coyote is a trickster archetype, and while those are rarely nice, they also don't often cause harm directly or arbitrarily. After all, it's much funnier when someone hurts themself as a consequence of their own foolishness, and tricksters will always take the route that's the funniest.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

And that's a pretty big difference in court.

And Ysengrin's mind is in more pieces than Annie's blinker stone. This, too, makes a pretty big difference in court.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

a kitten posted:

A nice little interview with Tom:
http://www.themarysue.com/interview-gunnerkrigg-court-tom-siddell/

The interviewer even gets him to reveal some hints about the future of GC.

Tom posted:

I have a heterosexual married couple in the story, but they both happen to be intelligent sea creatures, one the size of a house and the other no bigger than a bucket (Lindsey, as mentioned earlier, and her husband Bud).

:confused:

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

Here it is in all its glory (click to enlarge). It's supposedly not meant to fit exactly. The middle bit is missing, hence the black border.

If it fit seamlessly, it would get cut off by the binding in the book.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

Shadows on a shadow?

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

Actually, I don't think he does.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

I read the comic because I want to find exactly just how old Jones is.

We covered this, she's 4.5 billion.

e: I read the comic for the art, everything inside the art is secondary. Goddamn, Tom's gotten good.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

Hey, quit peeping, you jerk!

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

Quick and dirty

PubicMice fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Mar 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

Uh, isn't Snuffle the name of the fairy, not the rabbit?