Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Oh man yes I have to stop lurking to celebrate the (likely) return of City Face.

Also that art is incredible, goddamn. It really highlights how much better it's gotten overall since Tom quit his dayjob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Roland Jones posted:

Personally, I'm looking forward to what the side characters may produce. Imagine Shadow or Robot's guest comic, or maybe Parley and Smitt's comics. Or Jones's. Man I want to see a comic by Jones.

I'm hoping we get one from Zimmy. So we can see the TRUE FORM of Cityface!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Dogdoo 8 posted:

I'm guessing no one's replied yet because they're all still staring, but this City Face is the best City Face.

At last, the true face of City Face stands revealed.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

drat you Tom! You and your double-cliffhangers!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Tupperwarez posted:

Obviously it's Jeanne.

Do... do we want to know who BOB is? :ohdear:

Well, obviously MIKE is Rey

Zimmy is the log lady

Kat is Harry Truman

So BOB is... Coyote? :ohdear:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Oh my goodness

This is the best page since The Best Page of Gunnerkrigg Court :allears:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I don't think Smitty does curses anyway

Or at least I hope not :ohdear:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Well then

That's another mystery solved :ohdear:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

cptn_dr posted:

Looks like whoever called Bobby was on the money.

Unless it's a DOUBLE FAKE OUT :ohdear:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

THE DOUBLE FAKE-OUT

CALLED IT!

Also, Paz :3:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Tom you son of a bitch

But I can't be mad, this is still amazingly cute :3:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Oh my Goooood this is so :3: I can barely handle it.

I wonder if the next chapter will be the date :ohdear:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Godspeed, noble octopus :3:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Damnit, I really wish Tom would give us a real page in addition to the chapter title.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

D'awwww, he's so proud of his political cartoon :3:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I bet she's a city fairy. It would make sense for Rey to be hanging out with one.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Potsticker posted:

The page after that is pretty great, and a couple pages past leads to this page which is full of lovely panels. It's pretty great that Gunnerkrigg has so many amazing pages for all sorts of different reasons.

I love Gunnerkrigg robots. They're so adorably naive.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Twist, that whole speech was just trying to hide the fact that he was really craving some shrimp.

"I'm sorry Hetty you just... you just look so delicious."

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

D'awwww, the best possible ending :3:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ysengrin is a crappy tank, can't even hold aggro!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Please tell me this is some sort of highly scientific love test :allears:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Saoshyant posted:

Here you go:

Clearly the Vault-Tec shirt is foreshadowing and the next chapter will end Kat accidentally inventing the FEV :ohdear:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Geez, Kat.

At least try and play along.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Parts Kit posted:

Yeah, no. There's nothing to suggest that so far, all that has been stated is that he died the same day Lamet died. Which would make sense if say Lamet was the one that was going to guide him and then promptly got wasted when he/she/it showed up at the river bank.

Dude has glowing red eyes and a face that looks decidedly inhuman. He's Lamet.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

His name is Cannon Gunningham III.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ankou doesn't have time for this nonsense. Poor guy is behind as it is!

Begemot fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Mar 24, 2014

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I think the arrow already did what it was supposed to do, and destroying it now would change nothing. Dadcula talks about the damage the arrow did in the past tense, after all. Resolving Jeanne's issues means solving the mystery of her death, not just smashing some macguffin.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

amuayse posted:

I've started reading this and it's pretty good.
There's one weird complaint I have with this comic though. It's sometimes feels so British it hurts. Like whenever I start reading this, I start hearing everyone with ridiculously phoneticized accents. It's almost like I'm reading Redwall at times.

Really? I never really noticed any phoneticized accents, to the point that I just read everyone as having American accents like 99% of the time.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

pksage posted:

Is this Paz's first proper interaction with a plot element other than character development? (getting scared by Mort doesn't count)

Does Kat not count as a plot element?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

fffff posted:

Still not convinced they're birds.

... In fact, do we have any evidence that pigeons are birds?

Do birds even exist? :crossarms:

http://youtu.be/Kh0Y2hVe_bw

e: f;b

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Really Pants posted:

If the Court grows the bodies before they receive the forest souls, how do they know which outlandish hair colors and weird crittery facial features they should add? Or do they just keep a stockpile of "Rabbity Boys" bodies, ready and waiting for the souls of lagomorphic creatures?

I think that's a side effect of having an animal soul in a human body. It just happens after they get slotted in.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Interpersonal problems and lingering grief and resentment are good explanations for his behavior, but they don't excuse it. He's still being a dick.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I feel like it's been way less tense since the scene shifted from the classroom. It's not like Anthony is gonna jump out of a doorway and start yelling at Annie or anything. The past week or so has been sad but it's not stomach-churning like the previous scene was.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

It's looking more like coward than rear end in a top hat now. He felt so guilty about not being able to save Surma that he just assumed Annie would hate him by default. So he sent his whole time away thinking that there wad this lingering resentment when really she barely knew him at all before he left and certainly didn't hate him. So when he gets back he assumed that this cheating and hanging out in the forest and keeping body stealing demons as pets was her rebelling against him instead of just get forming her own personality in his absence. It's a pretty interesting way of portraying the disconnect in the thinking of patents and teenagers.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

imperialparadox posted:

That would be interesting and not too far outside of the realms of possibility.

So could Annie survive if the fire elemental was destroyed? Or are they tied together intrinsically?

I dunno, if only there was some other character who was a fire spirit hybrid, but somehow lost or transferred away the fire aspect of their soul....

It's really a shame that such a character had not been introduced to the story. That would really answer that question perfectly.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

YF-23 posted:

"He's on time every time" kind of misses the point when there's no time pressure on being on time by virtue of having a backlog. Being impressed by tea-san's ability to maintain that backlog, sure, but the timing of the updates has little to do with it except in-as-much as backlog exhaustion is concerned.

It's impressive because no other webcomic author has been able to Kirk a backlog going add consistently as him. Most people make one and then blow it after going to a single convention.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Neither Tony nor Annie have magical "ownership" of Rey, Kat does. He still has her symbol on his head.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

A Sometimes Food posted:

Kinda hoping they and Paz weren't there for Ground Zeroes. That could get awkward.

Edit:Kat recapping the plot if they weren't could almost be worse actually thinking on it. Especially if someone overheard the explanation out of context.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO PAZ!?"

Nobody would get confused because according to the commentary videos Paz's name is pronounced with a Catalan lisp while Paz's name isn't, presumably because she's from Central America instead of Spain.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Oh my goodness :kimchi:

Next chapter Rey shows up with body armor and a stun knife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Kikas posted:

Still a proud member of Anthony Carver Is a Bit Of A Tosser Club.

Same.

I understand why he did what he did, but that doesn't excuse it :colbert: