Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!
After reading the archive of this comic yesterday I have to say I've found one very, very major flaw in it - It's way too short.

Aside from that though - this is a great read. I guess I now have another thing to follow!

T-man posted:

I don't know if it's because I haven't done a reread in a while, but it seems Tom is making these two seem more mature, somehow. When they met they were two little girls, but now they seem to be becoming who they are. Maybe he's just drawing them taller/better, but it's a neat effect to notice. :)

Well several years have passed in the story, so it makes sense they'd grow taller and start looking less like children and more like young women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

I gotta admit the Doctor Disaster segments are not my favourites, but with the great pacing of the comic it wasn't really a problem, since just as they started to get annoying they ended and the story continued on it's way.

The City Face comics were pretty drat good though.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

To be honest I started readigng the comic becausone of the Coyote avatars here.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Well poo poo! I paid money for that avatar you know!

Eh, at least it's Coyote.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

I think a lot of the Mary-Sue complains come from the, rather hamfisted, reveal of "You're a wizardfire elemental, Annie!". Aside from that, she really doesn't have any of the obvious points of most Mary-Sue characters, though they don't all have to be the way Cat Mattress describes them. Most of the time it's way less obvious than that.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Holy crap, the RSS for the comic sucks! I only now got the latest comic to show up there. Good thing I just check the website.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Now, to be fair, that robot has a point - Just because she looks like an angel, doesn't mean she is one....then again that's also a very good argument that she is one too.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Uuh, no offense Headmaster, but do you think it might not be a good idea to insult the indestructible entity which has existed on this planet since there was a planet to exist on, and can crush you and everyone else in that room to molecular dust with just her bare hands?

Just saying.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Yeah that was kind of expected by this point, really. Man is this gonna make things weird for the kids.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Hattie's a shrimp. Okay, I can roll with that.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

I love this, since I think Kat's parents are, hands down, the most awesome people in the Court. Seriously, wouldn't you kill for parents like these?

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

I've been keeping up with the comic for years now, and I noticed this thread so I've come here to ask...like what the gently caress is even going on? For real, what is going on? The pacing on this comic is so weird that I don't even remember what happened 3 pages ago, and there's updates 3 times a week, so it's not like the posting is slow.

But I have utterly lost the ability to keep up with what is supposed to be happening in the comic. Wasn't the Court building some kind of teleport alternate universe thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

isasphere posted:

Yes, trying to recap:

[very long and meandering recap]

Well...yeah drat when you actually lay it out like that, no wonder I've been struggling to keep up with it, there's a dozen actual plots happening and we're not following any of them.