Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Splicer posted:

He killed his best friend to gain his powers also he is an orphan

Brightman posted:

This makes me realize it really is that smirk that's giving me the Sonic OC (Do Not Steal) vibes, but also I'm sorta getting a bit of a Two Face vibe in general due to the asymmetry, which is also one of those OC tropes now that I think about it, usually expressed with heterochromia eyes though.
Psssh… Nothin Personnel… Kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Nuns with Guns posted:

It was always improbably large for being anywhere in the UK, but exaggerated dimensions for the sake of artistic license or whimsy or this being an alt reality where there happened to be a large mysterious science enclave "somewhere" were all plausible explanations for that. It's a bit funny that neither Annie nor Kat would stop to think about how the Court manages to "fit" on the landmass before though. I guess we never do see them in a geography class at school.

This is a perfect example of how explaining something makes it less interesting. Was fine with the Court just being a surreal, enigmatic location in alter-England.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Atta: That's not the sea, the Court isn't on Earth, aliens are real.

Nathan Fielder: Oh. OK.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Potsticker posted:

It papers over the issues and does so by having renard perform extreme violence on a woman. Thankfully as far as we know Lana isn't intending to kill children here, even if posters here enjoy the joke that for some reason she's boxbot, a character who is only terrible because we're told they are terrible. That's been the entire joke the whole time. Terrible because we're told they are. What a terrible boxbot. How useless. Why? There's no reason! What whimsy!

You suck bro.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Yes she deserved to die and I hope she burns in hell!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

The 7th Guest posted:

ok we need to stop with the "annie looks at the reader" bullshit, that was something I regret indulging in this thread when it happened. she's just talking to jones and that's all it is. it's not tom talking directly at the reader and this kind of media illiteracy is getting on my nerves. and don't go "well, when you consider this other stuff" no. you're trying to build a house on the sand. you may have all the right materials but you need a better foundation to start from, especially if you're building up an argument that the cartoonist of this all-ages comic is trying to promote the message of 'abusers are good people deep down'

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Best strip in years.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
He looks like a grown rear end man in that penultimate panel.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Joe Slowboat posted:

You know what that last panel reminds me of more than anything else? That face Loup is making?

Snout, from the Legacy of Dominic Deegan, when the author thinks we’ll find him being pleased with himself just so endearing that he just has to have this massive simplistic smirk.
Lol I thought the same thing the only comics I read now are the absolute dogshit ones lmao

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Fecha posted:

They hear Kat’s voice from a nearby monitor as she says “Chill out guys, that’s what was supposed to happen! Haha didn’t I warn you?”

Refresh the page.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
*Reads new page*

Sure. Whatever.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Wasn't Annie's whole thing, "Woe! Am I truly fated to murder the Beast?" and now she's all" imma stab a bitch >:3"

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Did...did Jerrick and Kat have even one meaningful, onscreen interaction before this?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNTLC_uiGFA

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEtm_Q2LK9g

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Heh, just a little obscure, British humor for you folks (Tom is from England).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Hell yeah this might have been peak Gunnerkrigg.