Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong
Lol that edit is amazing.

Randalor posted:

So, what, we're just posting the new page here?

Your edit was spot on, though.

Not like it spoils anything hahaha... :negative:

Tiny Myers posted:

lmao

Also I did this. Wasn't sure which one I liked better so I made two

Hahaha love it. I like "Mind cagers" more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong
Yeah we pretty much did, though we didn't see him plan it.

https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1450

"Yes we knew this would be the likely outcome '

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong

CodfishCartographer posted:

Oh... Gunnerkrigg Court...

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong

Rat Patrol posted:

I wish I'd actually seen the two of them spending time and getting close and what they were up to and how robot hid this stuff from shadow. Instead we get a montage of moments we've already seen and a bunch of text about the other stuff that was totally happening just off panel, honest

Gawd agreed. We got a small glimpse of that in New Data, which was.... almost 9 years go. It was adorable and told us a TON about their relationship and what they've been doing in only 5 pages.

We've been subjected to Loup/Lana for years.

Edit: Handy link
https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1609

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong
Lmao I didn't even notice. Good catch!

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong
Lmfao. He's a cute little sea slug.

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong
I dunno. I feel like this is the response you'd give a toddler after they broke everyone's favorite toy and tried to hide it.

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong
Hell yeah let's make this chapter as boring as possible.

"You knew just what to ask" was "I want to see" and "why don't you have a new body yet?". Wow Annie could never have arrived here without this non-character.

Nuns with Guns posted:

That would kind of make sense at this point. Has anyone even mentioned Zimmy's name is "Zeta" in the comic before?

Only the robots maybe? I can't remember if the Shadow Men did.

Her being Omega is too interesting, so it either isn't the case, or is the case so it can get ruined lol.

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong
It's Jones lol

Proving she really is a real being

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong

Pseudoscorpion posted:

Well, that's cool. Pity it won't turn out to matter!

ABen posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty down on the comic (especially going back and comparing to earlier chapters) but this page is dope.

This is how I feel. Boy do I want to be excited but...

Randalor posted:

This page is p. Cool. ...why did she attack Shadow?

Omnipotence lol

Shout out to TinyMeyers for calling it
Edit: I missed that Catgirl called it

catapede fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Apr 19, 2024

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong

Joe Slowboat posted:

Why has the main behavior of the omniscient determinism machine been “asking annoying questions”? Surely she should have just known already.

No no see, she knew "just what to ask" lol.

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong
This looks like a long time ago obviously. Was the court worried about Omega dying, so they transferred her soul into a robot or computer? And they had regular missions (Tony's trip) to ensure that computer was still accurate?

And now, not only has Omega potentially been transferred back into a body, but it's a body with autonomy in a world where Kat/Annie have made things exciting and unpredictable to her.

I do feel she is tied to Zimmy in some way beyond the death prediction.

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong
^^^ Agree with this and the general sentiment of wishing there had been better buildup to this moment.

I really liked the mini-story for the lady on this page :3:

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong
Yeah, really wish their current ages had been established. This is really ambiguously stated, and we don't know what he thinks her powers are. Does he think she can look into everything from the moment she could form memories? Because that kinda implies a potential 15+ year difference (Her at 3 - 5 years old, him at 20 coming to the court) with us not knowing her age.

Edit: He says "youth", not "child", which is why I went with 20.

Edit 2: I am also trying to give the benefit of the doubt. I thought of her as at least in her mid-to-late 20s, but found the phrasing on this page weird.

catapede fucked around with this message at 17:33 on May 15, 2024

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong
Oh just caught that the machinery is directly attached to her now.

I don't have time to find it, but I'm curious how similar it looks to Zimmy's graphical representation of being tuned to the ether (when Jones describes it to Annie).

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong

Randalor posted:

Were we ever told where Robot's mod came from or how he ended up in that room in a box in easily assembled pieces? Are we going to get another closed time loop?

From what I recall, he was disassembled for proselytizing. It's also been implied all the Seraph models are a bit "off" compared to other designs. I have wondered if this is intentional of Diego, or an unintentional progression from the original Seraph model being designed as a savior.

rudecyrus posted:

ok this has been r good so far but i wish i knew this dude's name

It's Charles. I think it's only been said once a couple pages ago.

I wonder, is Omega able to tell when her predictions will be wrong? As in, was she continuing to make predictions but was aware she didn't know the outcome? Did she have that much consciousness left to intentionally deceive the Court?

I wonder if Omega wanted to live until The Event so she could start experiencing an unknown reality? Maybe her ultimate goal was to become a Numan and live a new life of unpredictability.

I've been enjoying this chapter. It's been interesting and makes me want to know more. My guess is the bone omega on the last page of the previous chapter is what she looked like after all the invasive surgeries (perhaps over the years). The marks on her face implies those areas are getting cut.

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong
Oh yeah, nice catch with the shadowmen logo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong
I do appreciate that while K6BD takes a month break, Gunnerkrigg gets interesting again.

Thanks Omega.