Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Mirage posted:

Why do you make me do bad things?

I hate to say something so trite as 'this isn't getting enough love', but this is loving tremendous and it deserves to be regarded as such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Elftor posted:

I'd like to see Boxbot do anything useful with his arms.

Robox has a confident stride, a winning smile, and a go-getter attitude. Why play goalie when he could easily be coach or team owner?

Or, you know, a star striker. He'd never get called for hand ball.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

chiyosdad posted:

I reread the archives in one go and it was a completely different experience. There's a lot of internal callbacks in the comic that I don't notice the first time around because I can't remember something I read months ago, like this:

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=765
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=6

The arrow is the device that makes it impossible for people to cross the river. I think it was mentioned somewhere that the court did that. This series of events is probably how it happened.

Edit: I have a question. Who is the girl with the white hair who sometimes shows up in end of chapter art?

I think it's just some quasi-narrator for the end of chapter stuff, not anyone of consequence.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

fritz posted:

Guy gets his own thread, suddenly it's "Mr. Siddel".

I just think of him as glowy dog vision guy.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Tea-san posted:

Yeah, come on guys.

Hey, it's glowy dog vision guy.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Fuego Fish posted:

Haha oh yes I'm just that guy who hates everything, that's my schtick, I'm not even a real person I'm just a loving algorithm programmed by an insane computer.

Fuego, as a dude who appreciates you enough to play M&M with you, sometimes people can just say poo poo and you don't need to reply to it because it doesn't mean crap (and even if it did you certainly shouldn't care). Haters going to hate, etc.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

A student posted:

What would happen if Kat made a robot to try and recover elf-boys body?

Maybe she could name it the Journeying Out 'N Extracting Stuff robot!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

ChairMaster posted:

I have a better idea you guys.

How about Smitty brings order to the situation by throwing the stone and hitting a bird. And Parley arrived because she was watching a romantic movie and is in love with Smitty.

Seriously here, he's not god. He just has the power to make everything boring.

If this is your idea of boring I'd hate to see you on Spring Break.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Was that just a literary device, or did Annie actually make that picture of Zimmy appear with her ether stuff?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Hey, it's that guy (Ysenglamore).

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

I imagine Parley was trying and failing to get her teleport mojo working and Smitface did his anti-entropy thing to flip her proverbial switch-- much to her surprise.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Fatkraken posted:

They're not unthinking tools.

Boxbot is a pretty big tool.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Ka0 posted:

So this is where Parley comes up with Lichtenauer style teleport-fencing right.

Parley is going to become Nightcrawler. Literally Nightcrawler. Book it.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Nipponophile posted:

The clang is drowned out by the BIP.

The clang is drowned out by Smitface going "BAM."

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

I am pretty sure that Jones is, in fact, a black hole that walks like a woman and has complete casual control over her mass and density. How they've managed to construct a robot around that, I'll never guess.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

mrpwase posted:

I think I might claim this one. "But still. Standing up for a friend. A noble act that cannot be dismissed."

...text is a bit clunky, any ideas?

I think just "A noble act that cannot be dismissed." stands on on its own.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Dias posted:

I think it might extend from "mechanical things" to "knowing how poo poo works" at first sight.

Considering her recent interaction with the robots, I think she's got some sort of etheric machine empathy.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Tea-san posted:

While I'd love to use Kickstarter for some project ideas I have in mind, I am not American, so I am not able to use their service! They require a US bank account, state ID and major US credit card, amongst other things.

However, I've had word that the Vol 2 reprint is basically finished. I'll be sure to let people know when I have more conrete news.

The solution, clearly, is to start a Kickstarter to cover your moving expenses so you can relocate to the US and start a Kickstarter.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Tea-san posted:

Well it's not really a beard, I just hadn't shaved

Edit: Huh! My avatar has changed. I've had the same one since I joined SA, I think!

I mourn the loss of glowy dog vision, but that one is pretty neat.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

1stGear posted:

This computer is starting to stretch my disbelief a bit.

The guy can make massive, Ysengrin stopping shields with the magictech he's got access to. A holographic display stretches your disbelief?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

You know, I think some people don't understand one of the fundamental concepts of a cold war is that both sides are on relatively equal footing militarily and don't want to be obliterated by the other. If the Court didn't have superscience that could step to literal magic and forest gods and such-- if they didn't have a deterrent of some sort to make the forest coexist with them and actually discuss things rather than just do whatever they want-- I suspect it would be a much shorter story.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Yes, let's send the fire elemental out with the plant elemental. This'll surely end well and not in flames.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

I dunno, I think if Annie's mind wanted to pick something that represented the court it'd probably be Kat.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Fatkraken posted:

I want to see how Zimmy would perceive Coyote.

I really hope it's as just some guy in jeans and a t-shirt.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

"Ceci n'est pas une coyote."

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

I was going to suggest android, but yeah.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Dodgeball posted:

I just said the following, aloud, in the appropriate accent:

"That just raises FURTHER questions!"

Can't wait until Monday.

Here, allow me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59GwT_Qlj0Y

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Bongo Bill posted:

I think the shadows over the angry mob's eyes are meant to be a stylistic affectation but they look rather similar to Zimmy's Nobodies.

The one on the right looks like a stylistic affectation. The one on the left looks.. intentional.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

So, I'm guessing the answer to "What are you?" is going to be "I don't know."

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Maybe being white isn't a mutation. Maybe Jones was the first white person, and all white people share her as a common ancestor.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Urban Space Cowboy posted:

Yes, because white people exist in the real world while insane coyote trickster gods don't.

.. Of course, that's just what they'd want us to think. :tinfoil:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

I might be mixing my Homestuck and Gunnerkrigg theories, but maybe she's literally an agent of the author stuck into the world to make sure everything proceeds as it should. That would fit the "not an existing mythology" criteria.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

I think you're pissed about a lot more than a couple lines in this thread.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Now's the time.

Go, man, go.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

My next improbable prediction: the next page is going to be nothing but white light, then the page after that is going to be the heat death of the universe in the far future. Jones' existence is paradoxical, and time is cyclical. Continue backwards until we get to now, and then Jones answers.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

The simpler solution is that living through the end of the universe plays merry hell with your memory.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Freudian posted:

She is made out of Jones.

She's made of UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon "Bones" Jones. No wonder she's so tough!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Whitenoise Poster posted:

It's a universal constant that robots just can't stop themselves from saying their secret plans out loud whenever possible.

Exhibit B: TF2 comics.

Of course. After all, only robots are allowed into robot headquarters.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Two things:

1.) What the hell page is my avatar from?
2.) Avatar Fairy needs to start centering stuff, bad. This is going to drive me nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Too sad for me. I guess I can thank the avatar fairy for impelling me to get off my rear end and get a Coyote avatar.

Edit: At least until baseball season starts up again!

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 7, 2013