Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

YES bread posted:

This is the second sentence :psyduck:

McGravin told me he was an excellent wiki-reader!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

A student posted:

Do you think Mr. Siddell reads this thread?

No.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Guy gets his own thread, suddenly it's "Mr. Siddel".

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Dodgeball posted:

Well, if you think about, Smitty would just find the solution to fix it in like, 2 seconds. Still, though.

You're assuming Paisley's heart getting cut out isn't already the solution.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Dodgeball posted:

That's 2 "Paisleys" on the same page. Parley, people. PARLEY.

I was cribbing from the other guy.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Annie draws tooth. Breaks signal stick. Stabs the gently caress out of Eglamore when he shows up.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

The 19th Person posted:

There is a thread in the official Gunnerkrigg forums with a similar "photoshop boxbot into things" theme. Not as good as the examples here but there are good ones.

http://gunnerkrigg.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=410&page=1

Some of those are better than others.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

I'm torn between 'Coyote didn't know Surma tricked Reynard' and 'not only did Coyote know, he was the one who suggested it to her'.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

EoRaptor posted:

So, we know Surma was human,

Do we?

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Rei_ posted:

Since when can Annie control robots?

Since she was able to ask Robot "hey help me do this thing with Kat"?

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

wyoming posted:

I say it was all a ruse. He always intended to take the stuffed animal.

Has Siddell said anything about if Reynardine is actually bound in the animal by Annie's mark? (That was a plot point, right? It's been a while since I read the archives...)

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

wyoming posted:

"Bismuth, a trivalent poor metal, resembles arsenic and antimony."

:aaaaa:

Huh, I didn't even think of checking the periodic table, but there it is, bismuth is one level down from antimony. (and I'll let the actual chemists explain why that's interesting)

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Fatkraken posted:

Jeanne is an Etheric being. Robots are robots. I guess the court robots have SOME Etheric factors to make them go, but for the most part they are material objects existing in the physical world. I doubt Robot could eve SEE her.

That's what Shadow's for.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

have y'all posted this yet :

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

YF-23 posted:

I know telescopes have this black circle in the middle of their lens at their ends but I can't shake the image that Annie and Donald are about to be crushed by a meteor.

I did not know that, and just assumed that Annie tragically looked away from the telescope too soon to see what was actually going on up there.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Is the site down for anybody else? I want to read today's comic :(

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Brightman posted:

Check local shops for the second volume, that's how I ended up finding it. Also the art improves fairly quickly, when the first volume ends Annie's head looks fairly non-football~ish.

I thought the second volume was coming back into print?

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Rexxed posted:

I just now got the RSS update from the http://www.rsspect.com/rss/gunner.xml feed for the last update (Wednesday's I guess). Does anyone else get crazy delays from the RSS feed?

It was doing pretty good up until the last couple updates, then it was really late.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

What's the latest on books, is Tom still in that situation where he's not really getting $$$ from them? (I was thinking about getting books 2&3)

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Wittgen posted:

The relationship between Zimmy and Antimony is pretty awesome, I'd say. Even just from a literary analysis viewpoint, yeah? Antimony/Kat and Zimmy/Gamma make pretty interesting mirrors of each other.

BobTheJanitor posted:

The page where Zimmy etherically punches his lights out is still probably one of my favorite pages so far. "Message from your little girl, mate!" indeed. I want to high five that creepy little spike-toothed psychopath. :3:

Has there been any speculation on the possibility that Zimmy & Annie might be half-sisters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Bronze Age collapse wouldn't explain indigenous American peoples tho.

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Julian Jaynes (who originated bicameralism) said that the breakdown might be connected with the Bronze Age collapse, or just the growth in world population to the point where the bicameral mind could no longer handle the tasks needed to function in such a complicated society.

What about indigenous Americans?