Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004
I no longer believe in the greater purpose.

DocFrance posted:

Gunnerkrigg Court Thread: Everyone is Coyote (except Jones)

Everyone Is Jones (Even Coyote)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Sarinnanashi posted:

If Reynard goes back to the forest, can we assume coyote will not be so kind to humans any longer?

Only if he thinks it's funnier to be cruel to them than to watch Renard suffer.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Annie is going to say a bad word by the end of the week. Major f-bombs here is what I'm saying.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Rei_ posted:

I want to live in your fanfic universe where every story has a happy ending, ChibiSoma :smith:

Annie stomps out of the room sobbing, and after a conversation with Kat or one of the teachers, she's cheered up, and comes back into the room to apologize to Reynardine. He's sitting on her bed with his stuffing hanging out a torn stitch, sobbing and groaning in pain. He holds up a lighter. "I thought we were friends, Annie." Then he flicks the lighter and presses the flame to the cotton hanging out his side. Annie beats at him to try to put him out, but it's too late. The eyes of the fox doll melt, destroying Reynardine's spirit, and the burning plastic of his eyes burns Annie's hands, sticking to them like napalm. Her fingers are so damaged they have to be amputated. She can't even hold her blinker stone anymore.

There. Now no matter what happens, you can think to yourself, "oh man, at least it's not as bad as that".

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Dammit Who? posted:

At this rate she's never going to get that homework done.

"Assignment: Get a friend mad at you."

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

fritz posted:

Annie draws tooth. Breaks signal stick. Stabs the gently caress out of Eglamore when he shows up.

The real plot of the comic is revealed. Gunnerkrigg Court... burns. Annie smears war paint under her eyes and summons terrible powers to punish her former friends.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Fangz posted:

Can Boxbot redeem himself at last?

Boxbot saves the day by reminding everyone what "terrible" originally meant.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Angry Guacamole posted:

Edit: If this doesn't lead to the obvious fire-head girl joke I may be sad for a bit.

The thing that led to the fire-head girl joke also led to this.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Why did you take out the fractal boxbutt?

(and other sentences never before uttered in the English language ever)

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Behold, I come from the east, bearing gifts and correct answers: http://www.formspring.me/gunnerkrigg/q/434629398

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

The 19th Person posted:

I know this is probably because it's a dream or something, but according to Panel 6 that is a big loving hospital room.

In an earlier chapter there's a wide shot of Surma's room and I think it was pretty huge for a hospital room.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Rincewind posted:

Wandering Eye!

I can totally integrate this new information into my Iron Golem hypothesis, just gimme a minute. I'm right dammit-

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Hasn't it been confirmed that Jones is denser than regular people? Why would an eyeball be dense? Somebody with a mythology degree get on this. We'll solve this yet.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

DontMockMySmock posted:

I still like this explanation, because there's no other reason for her to be so heavy. But the question I have is: how does this:

enter into it? I don't know much about Jewish mythology; were golems present during the Egyptian enslavement of Jews?

Maybe Jones just loves Egyptian.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Brownie posted:

What is coyote saying in the second panel when he gets cut-off?

"Now to what do we owe this visit?"

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

It's probably supposed to be Thematic that Coyote's not as much of a threat as the Court thinks he is.

Although, granted, he is powerful enough to wipe the Court off the earth, it's just that if he does he doesn't get to laugh at them anymore.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Annie owes her very existence to some ancient guy who was willing to burn his dick in order to get his swerve on.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Dammit Who? posted:

She's one of Coyote's eyes that he dropped while juggling that decided to go off and be a blonde lady

such things happen

Ever since I was a young eyeball I dreamed about going off and being a blonde lady.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Fecha posted:

Tea-san is the author, if you didn't know.

What gets me most curious about this arc is the epic scope of the action. Sure, we're getting two more comics per week, but how is this wild ride going to be over by Friday?

I heard that City Face 2 was filmed at the same time as City Face 3 and there's a "to be continued"!

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Liquid Communism posted:

Silly person. Zimmy can't die.

Ever.

:smith:

She knows. She's tried.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Second-to-last panel of today's is the best panel ever.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

CyRaptor posted:

I kind of hope the current story moves along pretty soon, though, the last three or four pages have pretty much been rehashing the same idea :\

I'm not sure about that. In each one Kat seems to be getting happier. It's like a montage of Annie doing silly things and they're working over time.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

(It is actually gruff and worldly and a bit crotchety - but has lots of stories.)

"Crotchety" might be a bad word for it. I'd go with "crabby".

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Haledjian posted:

What is this. What have you done.

Wonders, that's what.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Kismet posted:

But I don't know why anyone else would be in this thread.

I was told there would be free food, but it's been seven months and I haven't seen a drat sandwich.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Conversely, the worst part of owning a big backrest or pillow is when it wants to tie you on a leash and use you as a dog. Do not attempt this the next time you are near an appropriately large backrest or pillow!

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

The Kins posted:

Surprised this didn't get linked when Tom tweeted it, but Boxbot tried to make a friend. Look how awful he is!

More like look how awful Girlbot is, BOXBOT IS GREAT DON'T BELIEVE THE LIES

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Dodgeball posted:

Makes me wonder what boxbot looks like when reflected in a mirror.

He is crying all the time.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Ka0 posted:

Unexplained things are interesting and best left as is.

An aura of mystery is one thing. Unexplained things that characters keep asking about but that never get explained to the reader are super annoying. (Have we forgotten Lost already?)

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

VanSandman posted:

Yes, Annie's rebelliousness and flippant attitude seem to be worrying Kat. I wonder what will come of it?

Flash forward ten years, and Kat and Annie are going to stand on the bridge over the river and fight to the death, and Kat will remember her line "I don't want to kill you", it will be very sad.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Fecha posted:

Interesting how Kat is seeing neurons in her analysis of the air conditioner. What kind of crazy schematics are going through her head, there?

Perhaps we should instead ask what kind of air conditioners has she been tinkering with?

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Fragrag posted:

Is that a typo in the last panel or does manmate mean something and oh god I shouldn't have googled that.

manmate: adj. "inanimate" in a font where the i and n look like an m.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

Haha, nice pairings. Two normal couples and our heroines get married-crab-husband and ex-crazy.

The epilogue of the whole comic will have Kat and Annie married to Jack and Bud and they will have kids named after all their dead childhood friends.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Fuego Fish posted:

You mean it's all been bismuth as usual?

I love you.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

...why would anyone think Kat and Annie were going to hook up at all in the first place?

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Fuego Fish posted:

Y'know, as far as I can see, they're just talking. I think I'll wait for some obvious flirting on both sides before flipping my poo poo.

Well, they did scootch a little closer together in the last panel of the latest strip.

This, clearly, means Jack and Annie will get married and Kat will be the bride of honor and just sob through the whole reception because she never told Annie how she feels...

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Oneiros posted:

I can definitely see where the perception comes from...

It's not a very good perception, it's just the idea that two characters can't be close emotionally unless they're attracted to each other. (Which is probably why Chibisoma also thought Zimmy and Gamma were the weird kids designated to be gay, even though Zimmy and Gamma aren't lesbians either.)

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Nipponophile posted:

Pretty much the best response.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

There's still hope for Kat/Annie after all, it seems!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

AfroSpatula posted:

Edit: Don't forget, Sir David Attenborough!

He just narrates, though. He's not participating.