Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
How many years (in GC time) have passed since This comic? Because I'm pretty sure that when Annie's dad returns, it's going to be a fairly big deal.

Also, I must say that I hate when I click on a link, because I spend so much time re-reading this comic. I reread at least 6 chapters tonight. I will now subject you to the same things, as this comic is one of my favorites.

I also love how this comic is so easy to read daily, in chapter form, and then from chapter to chapter. This is a great story, and I can't wait to see it update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

So does anyone else have any guesses on what they think Renard was going to finish his thought with before Annie shattered his world in the previous strip? "What sort of man would-" makes me think that he's going to continue bashing him in front of Annie, but I think that he also could have brought back to Annie with something like "What sort of man would abandon his daughter after that?", or something like that. It feels like an important distinction where the cutoff was made, but maybe I'm just overthinking it.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Volume's 1 and 3 (Pre-order) are currently $17.79 on Amazon. My book 1 just arrived, and it looks gorgeous. I can't believe I didn't buy it sooner (although $27 was a little bit of a hard sell).

Volume 2 is still $499.99 at Amazon, but Tom said that should change if it gets a reprint. Although I think I may be able to find it for $27 at a local store.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Oh hello there book 3! I did not expect to receive you on a Sunday morning, but this is a pleasant surprise.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

So will Annie and Kat be the ones to bring peace to the Woods and the Court? Or will it be Shadow and Robot?

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

I thought that Annie was telling Jack that she didn't really need the blinker stone all that much anymore.

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=917 Ah, she just said that she shouldn't need it any more soon. Perhaps soon is now. Apologies in advance to those who reread now.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

I was thinking this morning, and Renard has never joined Annie when she's gone etheral with Jeanne right? I think having a wolf would be pretty useful in that situation, but I'm sure Annie has her reasons for not taking Renard with her.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Rasamune posted:

Well, Renard's true form is a fox, not a wolf. But no, he's never gone down there with her.

Oh right, confused his nicer wolf form with his etheral form. But there's probably a simple reason that Rey can't help her with Jeanne.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Before I lose any more of the evening to reading gunnerkrigg, I don't recall seeing an avatar of the last panel in this page: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=856

I'm not sure if croppable with the hands, but I'm sure someone would like it if it isn't already made.

And I just read half of that chapter and half of the next one. Always good to reread.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

MikeJF posted:

Thanks Ephphatha for the giffing...I think I'll use this is a quote.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Everytime I get linked and reread a page(and by page I mean chapter) I realize something new about this world. Like Elagamore punching the father of a certain boy in love with Zimmy.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Congrats Tom. You deserve it, and I hope your dream on this page will be a reality.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Does it make me a bad fan if I want to see Annie taken down a peg? I really dislike when characters cross the line from confidence to arrogance, which I feel Annie has these past two pages.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

I really don't want Annie to lose her hand from Coyote's bind (if it's still there), but I guess I wouldn't mind seeing her not be the first choice for medium or go serve a detention.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps Coyote is going to ask why his sword was used on Shadow. I could see that being something he is interested in (and possibly laughing after the explaination)

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Zenzirouj posted:

I'm at work so I don't have the time or programs to do this properly but I couldn't get the image out of my head

Laser Cows can't have all the fun.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

I sure hope nothing serious happens to Ysengrin. I wanted Annie to learn some humility, not watch a friend die or get maimed in front of her. Less than 4 hours until we find out what happens.

We have no clue if Surma had any interaction with Ysengrin right? That panel where Elgamore yells "Surma" made me wonder if they had any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Is that Annie? I thought it was Surma at first glance. Either way it looks awesome.